Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-21-2018, 04:33 PM

37,949 posts, read 17,862,130 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Floorist View Post
He gave up his right by violating hers.
You made this up. YOU don't get to decide, on a whim, who does or doesn't get rights.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Floorist View Post
If that happened in the diner I usually eat at, the customers would have beat the crap out of him. That is sexual assault, a crime.
And the customers should be charged. If the perv was 6'4" and 240 how many of those "brave" customers would have stepped in?

Last edited by Loveshiscountry; 07-21-2018 at 05:00 PM..

Old 07-21-2018, 04:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobNJ1960 View Post
I do care about the rights of the waitress.
naah you don't.

Quote:
The scum who attacked her earned what happened to him.
probably so. But she shouldn't have done it. And the perv shouldn't have either.

You care about revenge, not rights.

Old 07-21-2018, 04:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lkb0714 View Post
How is she supposed to know there is no threat? She had a split second to evaluate the situation and to defend herself. Her back was turned she couldn’t see what he was doing.
Look at the video again, it was obvious he was walking away.

Quote:
I mean why do you hold her to a higher standard than we hold professional law enforcement officers?
You mean why do you hold law enforcement to a lower standard than we the people. lol What would or should happen to a cop who witnessed that and choked the perv?

Old 07-21-2018, 04:39 PM

Quote:
Contrary to that poster's belief, the waitresses butt and private area the groper was aiming for, are NOT community property.
You made this up. Show proof of this. I'd really like to see this. But you wont. That would mean you'd have to use facts and the truth.

Last edited by Loveshiscountry; 07-21-2018 at 05:01 PM..

Old 07-21-2018, 04:42 PM

Quote:
She didn’t attack him, she used exactly enough force to detain him until law enforcement arrived.
lol Of course she did. It wasn't an all out assault mind you. She needs lessens on how to detain someone.

Revenge or defending oneself but she wasn't thinking about detaining him when she went after him.
"Do it again and you'll get more of the same" or defending yourself against another attack.

She said - "You have every right to wear what you want and you most certainly have every right to defend yourself."
That isn't about holding him until the cops come.

No doubt this guy is sleazy. At first I heard he was arrested in front of the wife and kids I assumed it was at his house but it was at the restaurant. He did this in front of his wife. That leads me to believe that he's done it before. Not a rare occurence. The staff said it happened a lot and they put the cameras up for that reason.

Quote:
You do think it is appropriate that he spent 2 days in jail tho right?
No. not for this crime. Unless he has some history of it. Then no problem with jail time. Otherwise it's a waste of the taxpayers money imo. A fine would be the the way to do it. You want to punish someone over this, hit them where it hurts, in the wallet.

Where do you draw the line? Obviously the perv wasn't physically hurt. What about if fell on a knife or broken glass? Or hit his head on the table and suffered brain damage? She performed the same act, the end result is all that differed.

I'm worried that some women will think they can hit a man and get away without being pummeled.

Last edited by Loveshiscountry; 07-21-2018 at 04:59 PM..

Old 07-21-2018, 04:43 PM

6,844 posts, read 2,845,442 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Bully View Post
I'm of two minds on this one. At first I was thinking good for her for confronting the guy and humiliating him. He definitely had it coming. But then she calls the cops on him and he ends up going to jail over it. I think that takes it too far. Slamming him to the ground and humiliating him is a punishment that fits the crime. Throwing him in jail is going overboard. That butt grab was not a life altering moment for the waitress, some simple public humiliation should suffice.

Customer in Savannah grabs a waitress's backside so she tackles him | Daily Mail Online

That is so badass it isn't even funny. Good for her.

Old 07-21-2018, 04:56 PM

12,372 posts, read 9,311,700 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
You've spent the thread minimizing what he did. Not the same as justifying it, but just as bad.

Touching a woman's bottom is no different than touching her breast or vagina. It's not a generational thing, IS a big deal, and while I don't view it as violence, by law it is sexual assault.

And I think a man who is bold enough to grab a woman's behind won't stop there and would think it's funny to grab her breast or vagina. He's already proven that he has no respect for boundaries.

She didn't react that way out of revenge or self-defense, she was trying to detain him and said as much. You don't know if he was getting ready to leave, or on his way out or anything else, so stop crafting a scenario to fit your narrative.

Oh look at the pot calling the kettle black. If I'm "crafting a scenario to fit a narrative" what do you call what you're doing when you say, "a man who is bold enough to grab a woman's behind won't stop there...?"

Old 07-21-2018, 05:00 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,607,170 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayland Woman View Post
Oh look at the pot calling the kettle black. If I'm "crafting a scenario to fit a narrative" what do you call what you're doing when you say, "a man who is bold enough to grab a woman's behind won't stop there...?"
I said that's what I think, and I do think that. It's an opinion. I'm not stating it as fact.

But I guess you have no response to minimizing this or anything else I posted, so you had to zone in on one line as though I'm being a hypocrite.

We get it - there's no excuse for what you've posted and you can't justify it any way.

Old 07-21-2018, 05:07 PM

18,983 posts, read 9,073,833 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayland Woman View Post
This is a long thread, so perhaps you didn't see this post by me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
WW, I usually agree with your posts, but I am struggling to see your side in this.

The woman who was groped here states it was more than a "tap on the butt" but that he actually grabbed her genitals. If that's true, would that change your mind? Do you believe he should just get away with a fine for doing that?

Old 07-21-2018, 05:11 PM

12,372 posts, read 9,311,700 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
I said that's what I think, and I do think that. It's an opinion. I'm not stating it as fact.

But I guess you have no response to minimizing this or anything else I posted, so you had to zone in on one line as though I'm being a hypocrite.

We get it - there's no excuse for what you've posted and you can't justify it any way.

I didn't address your comment about you thinking I'm minimizing what the guy did because there isn't anything I can say except "I don't agree." Duh. It's a matter of how we both view sexual assault through different lens. You lens lumps everything from a butt touches to rape as all the same thing. My lens lets me see them in varying degrees of severity.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14
WW, I usually agree with your posts, but I am struggling to see your side in this.

The woman who was groped here states it was more than a "tap on the butt" but that he actually grabbed her genitals. If that's true, would that change your mind? Do you believe he should just get away with a fine for doing that?

No, I didn't see your post, Jams14. I have watched that video almost a dozen times and I sure don't see a grab for her genitals. His hand wasn't low enough on her butt for that in my opinion and it didn't stay there more than a few seconds. Without better proof it's her word against what we CAN see on the video. IF it were true that he was able to reach that far forward in a split second, I really don't know what an appropriate punishment should be. Has he been charged with like offenses in the past? Does he show any kind of remorse or offer any kind of apology after he was charged? That's what we have judges for, who know all the facts. A sexual assault should have the same kinds of fines and punishments applied as other kinds of assaults and I'm assuming they don't start out giving jail time when no one was physically injured. A couple of hours in jail to cool off and get the stories documented of those involved, yes, but after I just don't know the laws well enough to answer your question.

Last edited by Wayland Woman; 07-21-2018 at 05:39 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies