Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-24-2018, 06:52 PM

30,612 posts, read 18,192,641 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
I stand by what I (and Mark O'Mara) said. Read it again if you must.
That's fine. What Mark O'Mara says doesn't apply to this situation.

Old 07-24-2018, 06:54 PM

24,597 posts, read 9,437,319 times
Today I passed by empty handicap spots and I managed to not park in any of them.

See, that wasn’t so hard now was it?

I also managed to not assault anyone 20 years older than me in front of kids. Don’t you just love it when people don’t commit crime in this country?

Old 07-24-2018, 06:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indentured Servant View Post
You keep talking about what Florida law allows. So you can entrap someone so that you can set them up to kill them....and get away with it. That is what it seems like the law allows for. Based upon this law, you can really set someone up for the kill if you play it right.
Entrapment? How in the world is concern for the welfare of the handicapped entrapment??

To your larger point, you can set someone up for the kill under the traditional self defense laws (where you have a duty to retreat, etc.) if you play it right, too. And if there is evidence of crookedness, then it must be dealt with. But that's not what we are dealing with here.

Old 07-24-2018, 06:55 PM

2,956 posts, read 2,341,067 times
This isn't about a handicap spot. This is about someone throwing another person down to the ground violently.

Don't get physical with someone, if you do, you might get shot.

Was it really worth it? You are the ass hole here, parking in a handicap space and someone calls your attention to it. You then go an violently push the guy down and got shot.

What is stupid? Hell yes. Did the guy really deserve to die? No. However when you go around violently pushing people you run the risk of the situation escalating to getting shot. The cause of this is the guy getting violent over words. He is now dead.

Moral of the story is don't get violent with others because someone might bring a gun to the fight. Yes it is a senseless loss of life, all over a ****ing parking spot. I hope it was worth it bro.

Old 07-24-2018, 06:57 PM

1,329 posts, read 831,588 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
And LOL at the boyfriend/girlfriend story. She has 3 kids by this guy (I assume) and probably getting Govt assistance for not being married.

That's not a good reason somebody should be killed.

Old 07-24-2018, 06:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aridon View Post

Was it really worth it? You are the ass hole here, parking in a handicap space and someone calls your attention to it. You then go an violently push the guy down and got shot.

What is stupid? Hell yes. Did the guy really deserve to die? No. However when you go around violently pushing people you run the risk of the situation escalating to getting shot. The cause of this is the guy getting violent over words. He is now dead.

Moral of the story is don't get violent with others because someone might bring a gun to the fight.
Agree with you 100%. If some think that I like the fact that a life was lost over stupidity (and, make no mistake about it, it was stupid to get physical with someone who was not getting physical with you/your loved ones). But that doesn't change my belief that what this concerned citizen did is completely justified and legal.

Old 07-24-2018, 06:58 PM

13,806 posts, read 9,700,705 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by prospectheightsresident View Post
Entrapment? How in the world is concern for the welfare of the handicapped entrapment??

To your larger point, you can set someone up for the kill under the traditional self defense laws (where you have a duty to retreat, etc.) if you play it right, too. And if there is evidence of crookedness, then it must be dealt with. But that's not what we are dealing with here.

You don't know that. True, its not entrapment but he has been to that store plenty of time to be able to predict that eventually someone is going to park in the handicapped spot, giving him the pretext to confront them, wait for a reaction that is less than deadly but can be construed to cause fear for his life, then pull out his weapon and kill them. If you really understand the law.....its not hard to find situations that you can use as pretext to kill someone and get away with it. More people are agreeing now that this guy was LOOKING for trouble and armed while doing so. Without the SYG law to cover him, I am not convinced that he would have acted the same way.

Old 07-24-2018, 07:00 PM

77,005 posts, read 47,597,802 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by prospectheightsresident View Post
That's fine. What Mark O'Mara says doesn't apply to this situation.
HE was talking about this particular event.

Old 07-24-2018, 07:00 PM

20,955 posts, read 8,664,723 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
We don't know his story. His wife or family member could be handicapped and he has a real thing for people who do this. I understand that.
I don't understand that and I currently have a number of family members that need handicapped spaces. The very idea that a guy would hang around the same place constantly and threaten to kill people over it...is crazy!

It seems the guy himself KNOWS HE IS NUT, but you don't. That's fantastic.

(The shooter told the store owner "I keep doing this and getting into trouble - but I can't stop myself although I know I should"...)....

So HE knows better, but is obviously mentally ill (calling the answering machine of a guy he threatened to kill a couple weeks back....is not the action of a sane individual)....but you don't??

Now, if you opined that fines should be larger for jaywalking, parking with your front facing out and taking a handicapped space....well, that would be sane. So would petitioning your state to change the laws or require more spaces.

But - no - his method is not sane nor can I understand it. His are the actions of a mentally ill individual.

Old 07-24-2018, 07:01 PM

24,597 posts, read 9,437,319 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aridon View Post
This isn't about a handicap spot. This is about someone throwing another person down to the ground violently.

Agreed. Perhaps the saddest part is the criminal did it all in front of his kids.

What a role model, showing their kids that they are above the law when parking and how to assault people who call you out for breaking the law

Anyone who thinks they’re above the law absolutely deserves a citizen up their butt calling them out, every single time
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies