Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-22-2018, 07:16 AM

51,651 posts, read 25,790,245 times

Advertisements

The issue is not that there are nut jobs with guns who will shoot you dead if you shove them, it is that in Florida it appears to be perfectly legal to do so.

According to the store clerk, Michael Drejka had been hanging around, trying to start trouble. Another guy said he started the same stuff with him.

Obviously, he was looking for a fight.

He found one and used this as an excuse to pull out his concealed weapons and commit murder.

Which apparently, is perfectly legal in Florida.

Old 07-22-2018, 07:18 AM

18,984 posts, read 9,067,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boneyard1962 View Post
Total BS.
The shooter was over the top in his confrontation, but he never laid hands on or assaulted anyone.

The shooter was absolutely assaulted and not a little. The man ran and shoved the shooter to the ground hard.

On a great day you just get arrested for doing that. Average day it results in a fist fight. Bad day you get shot.

Verbally confronting a lazy person for illegally parking in a handicap spot won't even get the confronter a ticket.

I disagree with the shooting. Never should have gone that far. Then again it never should have went as far as shoving someone to the ground either.
The victim was not coming after the coward with his gun. He shoved the guy away from his girlfriend and did nothing more. The coward with his gun shot him in cold blood.

But don't worry about him, boneyard. It's Flori-DUH. They let you murder people there. The coward with his gun will be just fine.

Old 07-22-2018, 07:22 AM

16,236 posts, read 5,875,030 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
The issue is not that there are nut jobs with guns who will shoot you dead if you shove them, it is that in Florida it appears to be perfectly legal to do so.

According to the store clerk, Michael Drejka had been hanging around, trying to start trouble. Another guy said he started the same stuff with him.

Obviously, he was looking for a fight.

He found one and used this as an excuse to pull out his concealed weapons and commit murder.

Which apparently, is perfectly legal in Florida.
Perhaps. I dont disagree that the shooter was an idiot. So define starting trouble? Confronting people illegally parking in a handicap zone? I personally feel that they deserve to be confronted.

The other guy claimed? As in how exactly? Did he also park illegally? I don't know.
Maybe he was like so many people who feel anal about every rule. I detest such people, but I dont run up to them and shove them to the ground. I dont do that to anyone.

I think the shooting was a massive over reaction. So was being shoved to the ground.

When you are unexpectedly assaulted your brain goes into a different mode of thinking. 2 lunatics met, one had a gun. The one with the gun won. Society might be 50% better than it was 30 seconds before the gun shot.

Old 07-22-2018, 07:23 AM

77,005 posts, read 47,597,802 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vector1 View Post
Well unless you think able-bodied people should park in spaces designated for for the disabled, he made two mistakes, not one.
His girlfriend was driving, so the parking in fraction is on her.

Old 07-22-2018, 07:27 AM

16,911 posts, read 10,582,210 times
This should be in tge good news topic. This is exactly how things should work. Criminal breaks the law. Man calls criminal out. Criminal attacks man. Man defends himself. Did the woman at least get a ticket for parking in the handicapped spot?

Old 07-22-2018, 07:28 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,596,242 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deuterion View Post
So if the Cops wouldn’t have been able to do anything about it WTF was he gonna do about it? NOTHING! He should have minded his own business, sitting lecturing them was not going to change anything. People need to learn how to go about their own day...something this trivial ended up in a father being killed in front of his kids. It’s a travesty...

Words v. Hands on

Pick your battles wisely! It could be your last.

Old 07-22-2018, 07:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
The victim was not coming after the coward with his gun. He shoved the guy away from his girlfriend and did nothing more. The coward with his gun shot him in cold blood.

But don't worry about him, boneyard. It's Flori-DUH. They let you murder people there. The coward with his gun will be just fine.
Coward? Like running up and shoving someone hard to the ground?

Away from his girl friend? Oh he was reaching for her? Leaning into the car? he was like 4 feet away from the car and she was in it.
NO. the gun shot victim decided to go all macho charged over and assaulted the shooter. HE assaulted the shooter first.

But don't worry Jams14, Darwin got a win. Well 50% of 1. 1 lunatic eliminated. The shooter should have been hit by a car for the total win.
It isn't Florida that is at fault. You can't legislate reasonable behavior or responses. If you could, no one would ever be murdered, raped, robbed or have to look at Hillary Clinton in a pantsuit.

The issue is people. Hot heads like the shooter. Hot heads like the idiot pushing someone to the ground. They are the issue and no amount of laws in the world will change that.

Old 07-22-2018, 07:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
First off, great post.

100% agree that we're dealing with 2 arseholes here.

There are some issues with the law as written, this and many other cases would concur.
This is the kind of scenario people were afraid might happen when the law was passed, and this could lead to the law being reviewed. Bur having lived in FL for 20+ years, I suspect it will not happen, since this is not the first time. Most SYG killings happen in road rage incidents. If someone gets out of their car and walks up to yours, you can gun them down.

Old 07-22-2018, 07:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Words v. Hands on

Pick your battles wisely! It could be your last.
Exactly.

I dont carry a gun. Never have and never will. I also don't lose my temper and assault people by shoving them to the ground. Crap like that gets you into a fight at the very least. Today you dont know who is carrying a gun. You don't even want to do what we did as little as 20 years ago. Stand up and throw down with the assaulter. He might have a conceal carry, claim he felt threatened and shoot you, after he assaulted you first.

Dont put yourself in that position.

Old 07-22-2018, 07:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by boneyard1962 View Post
Coward? Like running up and shoving someone hard to the ground?
Responding to a push with a gun fire is somewhat cowardly in most peoples eyes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies