Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-15-2018, 09:56 AM

13,302 posts, read 7,868,942 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terr View Post
Timeline matters.

Killing in response to a violent assault could be (and after watching the video, I know it is) self-defense = not a crime.

Violent assault in response to someone's words (unless it's something like "I'm gonna shoot you right now") is always a crime.
The man's self defense had been accomplished when so called threats were backing away.

Once self defense is accomplished, there is no need to kill, to accomplish the defense.

In this case, the double defense was manslaughter.

Old 08-15-2018, 10:08 AM

13,302 posts, read 7,868,942 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyperthetic View Post
The man's self defense had been accomplished when so called threats were backing away.

Once self defense is accomplished, there is no need to kill, to accomplish the defense.

In this case, the double defense was manslaughter.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HzTlB-TjAzM

Old 08-15-2018, 11:35 AM

24,404 posts, read 23,061,247 times
See, the police and the DA got their collective heads out of their you know whats and are charging the guy. Now as long as they don't deliberately overreach on the charges they can make stick we'll see justice. I hope that stupid woman who was the cause of it gets dragged through the mud in court as well as the name of her dead dopey boy friend.

Old 08-15-2018, 11:46 AM

3,568 posts, read 1,346,246 times
Someone started a GoFundMe for Drejka's bail - it collected $236 before it was taken down.

But...GoFundMe for McGlockton family is currently at $7,500.

Hmmm

https://www.wfla.com/news/pinellas-c...jka/1369304792

Last edited by applej3; 08-15-2018 at 12:31 PM..

Old 08-15-2018, 12:04 PM

13,648 posts, read 20,775,774 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
This is the type of response from the emotional, irrational ones who don't care about facts. They aren't men who act against an attacker. Instead they hide behind their unwillingness to protect themselves because they are used to others running their lives for them. These are the ones who will record a beating but don't have the backbone to get involved and stop it.

How in the world does anyone defend that piece of garbage McGlockton who not only parked in a handicapped spot, the very ones we as individuals are supposed to stand up for, he also attacks a person over words. Words! And the absolutely childish way the ones in here make up how Drejka looks for trouble is nothing more than a deflection from the actual incident.

Does anyone here think that McGlockton would have pushed Drejka if Drejka was 6'6" and 280 pounds? Of course not. McGlockton is nothing more than a gutless bully. Is it a shame he payed for it with his life? Of course it is. The bigger shame is how he wasn't raised correctly.
Well McGlockton was certainly lacking in class and character. However, if Drejka never pulls the gun then the video would be showing us what a jerk McGlockton was and we would all be chastising him. Drejka would also have evidence to file assault charges.

Instead he killed a man. A man who might not have been a saint, but was a husband, father, and human being. All for being shoved? I would rather have a bit of bruised pride than knowing I killed a man and now am facing possibly endless legal problems.

Not to mention, why did he unload on the wife and kids and not McGlockton himself who was in the store?

Some will hate me, but this is always the potential problem with carrying a gun. It makes you do things you would not ordinarily do.

Old 08-15-2018, 05:14 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,607,170 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moth View Post
Well McGlockton was certainly lacking in class and character. However, if Drejka never pulls the gun then the video would be showing us what a jerk McGlockton was and we would all be chastising him. Drejka would also have evidence to file assault charges.

Instead he killed a man. A man who might not have been a saint, but was a husband, father, and human being. All for being shoved? I would rather have a bit of bruised pride than knowing I killed a man and now am facing possibly endless legal problems.

Not to mention, why did he unload on the wife and kids and not McGlockton himself who was in the store?

Some will hate me, but this is always the potential problem with carrying a gun. It makes you do things you would not ordinarily do.

Would you rather look like this man:

https://www.cnn.com/2018/07/11/us/me...est/index.html

This isn't about pride. This is about an assault - with the perpetrator coming back toward you, and another man coming out of the store to apparently assist. Not to mention the girlfriend who was now out of the car.

If you had read through the thread you would know that there was only a second between pulling his gun out and firing it. No time to think.

And if you had read through the thread you would also know that the shooter pulled up and got out of his car after the man and his son went into the store. He didn't know they existed at that point.

It's easy to sit in your safe space and talk about how you'd rather be a little bruised than kill a man, but until you're in that situation you don't really know what you would do.

You're conveniently glossing over the assault that escalated the situation and made the shooter feel threatened.

Old 08-15-2018, 05:21 PM

37,949 posts, read 17,862,130 times
Quote:

So McGlockton wouldn't have escalated the situation if Drejka was unarmed? We already know by his actions he's nothing more than an unhinged bully.

Quote:

McGlockton caused the problem by initiating force. Everything after that is a symptom.
Yes it is a shame a man died.

Old 08-15-2018, 05:32 PM

16,911 posts, read 10,589,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by applej3 View Post
Someone started a GoFundMe for Drejka's bail - it collected $236 before it was taken down.

But...GoFundMe for McGlockton family is currently at $7,500.

Hmmm

https://www.wfla.com/news/pinellas-c...jka/1369304792
Another Tech Tyrant.

Old 08-15-2018, 05:32 PM

1,896 posts, read 811,307 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
I haven't wanted to use it against him, but the guy who was shot seemed to have had more incidents on his record than the shooter did.

I can't imagine why you've ignored that point.

Why is that relevant? If the shooter has a history of confrontations then he isn't a "good guy with a gun".

Old 08-15-2018, 05:38 PM

1,896 posts, read 811,307 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
This is the type of response from the emotional, irrational ones who don't care about facts. They aren't men who act against an attacker. Instead they hide behind their unwillingness to protect themselves because they are used to others running their lives for them. These are the ones who will record a beating but don't have the backbone to get involved and stop it.

How in the world does anyone defend that piece of garbage McGlockton who not only parked in a handicapped spot, the very ones we as individuals are supposed to stand up for, he also attacks a person over words. Words! And the absolutely childish way the ones in here make up how Drejka looks for trouble is nothing more than a deflection from the actual incident.

Does anyone here think that McGlockton would have pushed Drejka if Drejka was 6'6" and 280 pounds? Of course not. McGlockton is nothing more than a gutless bully. Is it a shame he payed for it with his life? Of course it is. The bigger shame is how he wasn't raised correctly.

Well the law begs to differ, it shouldn't just be a shame.

Gun owners need to figure out if they actually support good guys with a gun or just the idea of guns. I certainly wouldn't have shot first in that situation but made him see my G26.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies