Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-26-2018, 04:16 AM

12,350 posts, read 9,714,064 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RageX View Post
Jesus H. Christ...

McGlockton was very clearly going to follow up on his assault had Drejka not fired.

Drejka was right this time, even if he was such a loser he managed to get himself dropped by uber.

I cannot in good conscience ever suggest that people obey any law that orders them to be struck to find out whether or not they will suffer a crippling or fatal injury.
Indeed. My point and statement stands.

Old 09-26-2018, 04:39 AM

26,272 posts, read 8,426,522 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RageX View Post
Jesus H. Christ...

McGlockton was very clearly going to follow up on his assault had Drejka not fired.

Drejka was right this time, even if he was such a loser he managed to get himself dropped by uber.

I cannot in good conscience ever suggest that people obey any law that orders them to be struck to find out whether or not they will suffer a crippling or fatal injury.
We are back covering the same ground discussed earlier in the thread. The authorities can arrest Drejka, but the law on stand your ground will get him off.

It's the video that will save him. I don't agree with the shooting, but the video clearly shows Drejka was within his rights, as the law stands.

We have the benefit of being able to watch this terrible event over, and over again. Mr McGlockton came out of the store and violently shoved Mr Drejka. In the split second after the shove, he advanced slightly. It is quite clear in the video.

At the same time, another man was advancing towards the situation. The female partner was stood beside the fallen Drejka. Only when his hand moves towards his gun, does Mr McGlockton back away. Even as he does so, the other man is still closing in.

In just a few seconds, the gun is out, and fired. The other man moves away, and the female partner moves away also round the car.

Any jury watching that video, with Drejka's lawyer pointing out the slight advance from Mr McGlockton, before the gun is brought out, will point out the other man who Drejka could say he saw advancing, and his fears of the female partner next to him, not knowing what she was going to do. He could claim fear of further injury, and from that, his right under current Florida laws to shoot.

His arrest, and upcoming court case is all about calming the situation down. I can't see how a jury will find him guilty. In a State without stand your ground laws maybe, but not in Florida.

Old 09-26-2018, 05:26 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,605,811 times
Slapped by a bear, while armed???
Hmmm? Choices.

Old 09-26-2018, 06:13 AM

9,701 posts, read 5,110,613 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJJersey View Post
This is why I hate the media. I stopped reading after the first sentence. He didn’t kill the guy over a handicap spot. He shot him because he violently attacked the shooter.
Here's the irony of this position I keep seeing here...

One guy acts to defend himself against someone who he thinks is a threat... And that's fine.

One guy acts to defend his wife against someone who he thinks is a threat... And that's not okay.

Getting pushed is justification for killing someone, but harassing someone in their car while their minding their own business is not justification for getting pushed.

What am I missing?

Old 09-26-2018, 06:21 AM

31,848 posts, read 17,600,459 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieB.Good View Post
Here's the irony of this position I keep seeing here...

One guy acts to defend himself against someone who he thinks is a threat... And that's fine.

One guy acts to defend his wife against someone who he thinks is a threat... And that's not okay.

Getting pushed is justification for killing someone, but harassing someone in their car while their minding their own business is not justification for getting pushed.

What am I missing?
You're missing common sense and the fact that *harassing* someone doesn't justify assaulting that person.

What kind of rules do you live by that you even need to ask that question? This is the problem with people today. They think they can attack anyone for unpleasant exchanges or *being disrespected*.

Old 09-26-2018, 06:25 AM

12,350 posts, read 9,714,064 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by English Dave View Post
We are back covering the same ground discussed earlier in the thread. The authorities can arrest Drejka, but the law on stand your ground will get him off.

It's the video that will save him. I don't agree with the shooting, but the video clearly shows Drejka was within his rights, as the law stands.

We have the benefit of being able to watch this terrible event over, and over again. Mr McGlockton came out of the store and violently shoved Mr Drejka. In the split second after the shove, he advanced slightly. It is quite clear in the video.

At the same time, another man was advancing towards the situation. The female partner was stood beside the fallen Drejka. Only when his hand moves towards his gun, does Mr McGlockton back away. Even as he does so, the other man is still closing in.

In just a few seconds, the gun is out, and fired. The other man moves away, and the female partner moves away also round the car.

Any jury watching that video, with Drejka's lawyer pointing out the slight advance from Mr McGlockton, before the gun is brought out, will point out the other man who Drejka could say he saw advancing, and his fears of the female partner next to him, not knowing what she was going to do. He could claim fear of further injury, and from that, his right under current Florida laws to shoot.

His arrest, and upcoming court case is all about calming the situation down. I can't see how a jury will find him guilty. In a State without stand your ground laws maybe, but not in Florida.
In all likelihood, the jury will act upon what the video shows, and not your abberational false narration of it.

Pulling and pointing the gun instantly stopped all aggression toward Drejka. Firing it was an execution.

Old 09-26-2018, 06:33 AM

9,701 posts, read 5,110,613 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
You're missing common sense and the fact that *harassing* someone doesn't justify assaulting that person.

What kind of rules do you live by that you even need to ask that question? This is the problem with people today. They think they can attack anyone for unpleasant exchanges or *being disrespected*.
But shooting someone bc they pushed you for harassing their wife is okay?

Old 09-26-2018, 06:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieB.Good View Post
But shooting someone bc they pushed you for harassing their wife is okay?
I've watched this video more than once. Before he retreats, the assaulter steps toward him again and the guy who went into the store to alert the assaulter, comes out of the store and is heading toward them. Now he's on the ground in a position of great disadvantage with two...possibly three people who are going to do God knows what. That's all he knows.

The whole thing was a mess. She shouldn't have parked where she did and when he approached her she should have moved. He should have said his piece and moved on. The drivers boyfriend shouldn't have pushed him.

Bad behavior all the way around.

Old 09-26-2018, 06:50 AM

26,272 posts, read 8,426,522 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrownVic95 View Post
In all likelihood, the jury will act upon what the video shows, and not your abberational false narration of it.

Pulling and pointing the gun instantly stopped all aggression toward Drejka. Firing it was an execution.
I do not agree with the shooting. But, under the stand your ground laws of Florida, the video, for me, shows Mr Drejka will not be found guilty.

He was assaulted, and there is a slight advance from the assaulter. There is another man approaching the scene, who Mr Drejka doesn't know is a threat or not. The female partner is stood next to him, as he lies on the floor.

For me, he could well say he felt there was a threat of further attack. The video, helps him to make this claim.

Old 09-26-2018, 06:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrownVic95 View Post

Ever been attacked like this out of the blue? I have. Ralph_Kirk has and he's stated it better than I, so I'll quote him here:

Quote:
When you are on the ground--dazed, in the two seconds after being knocked down (let me blindside you, knock you to concrete, and see how clearly you're thinking in the first two seconds)--and the assailant is five feet away, you're only a split second from having your scull stomped into the pavement.

Five feet away is no distance whatsoever.

In fact, it's been shown that a young man can cover 20 feet in literally less time than a normal person can react even if that person is fully expecting trouble.

Much less five feet away after being knocked to pavement.
Quote:
When you're knocked to the ground, you are one second from being dead. The other person can run over, stomp your head into the pavement, and you're done.

I've been in that position, but fortunately I was able to pull one of my assailants down on top of me, and I heard him shouting, "Don't kick me! don't kick me! Kick the n------, kick the n------!"

People watch too much television and don't seem to know how deadly a fist fight with a grown man can be.
This guy had no time to think.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies