Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-23-2018, 08:05 AM

33,326 posts, read 12,491,270 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vacanegro View Post
Does that mean you think it's okay to shoot someone who shoves you because you were berating their wife ?
Girlfriend, not wife.

Old 07-23-2018, 08:08 AM

13,806 posts, read 9,700,705 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
He hangs around the store, starting fights. Finally, someone shoves him and within seconds, he kills the man.

I am still struck by the speed at which he drew his gun and the accuracy of his shot.

To me, the way he held the gun, the fact that he fired center mass......he was trained and practiced. Can't have all that training and practice go to waste.

29,509 posts, read 22,620,513 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by r small View Post
And not just overlook it but actually support this guy's practice of going around packing a firearm and picking fights over parking spots like he's just doing his civic duty. And I can guarantee you that there's there's not a single firearms instructor on the face of the Earth that would teach their students to go around picking fights while armed.
Yup. I doubt there's a single firearms instructor that would have approved of someone like that having a concealed weapons permits.

This incident would never have happened if Bruce Willis wannabe minded his own business and stopped harassing people in a hostile manner. This has nothing to do with hypothetical situations of being robbed or being randomly attacked on the street.

Of course parking in a handicap zone unlawfully is bad, but you don't go and act aggressively towards others for it.

The fact that a guy there felt a need to go into the store to notify the guy that someome was hassling his girlfriend, speaks volumes.

This was no simple reminder to not park in a handicap zone, this was a lunatic with a history of violence and baiting others, cowardly picking a fight with the girl AFTER her boyfriend leaves the vehicle to go into the store. No wonder this coward felt a need to arm himself for his vigilante missions as parking lot enforcer.

If I saw some lunatic raving at my girlfriend/wife, you'd bet I'd be super mad.

Like I said, the only way the shooter's defenders on here would ever support the dead victim, is if the shooter was Antifa and the victim a member of a group like Proud Boys.

52,708 posts, read 34,531,096 times
Quote:
Britany Jacobs, the girlfriend of the man shot and killed in a Florida parking lot last week, says her boyfriend was just coming to her defense and the gunman “wanted someone to be angry at.” Now she wants “justice,” she says.
Victim's girlfriend says Florida gunman provoked fatal 'stand your ground' shooting | ABC News

^claims pushy boyfriend was defending her.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph_Kirk View Post
Well, the last time I was mugged at gunpoint, the mugger absolutely knew I wasn't armed, but he put the gun to my right kidney and pulled the trigger anyway.
ouch. did you get to keep your kidney?

Old 07-23-2018, 08:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vacanegro View Post
Yes -

He was not hit - he was shoved. There was no blow, there was no closed fists and the man (dead now) was not even standing over him. The shooter was (is) a self-righteous vigilante wanna-be who has now killed a father (not a criminal) over illegal parking.

That is the reality of the situation.

Most FL Legislators probably never envisioned that Stand Your Ground would be used by gun toting citizens patrolling for handicap parking violators.

So it doesn't meet the Vacanegro definition of assault.

I'll bet it meets the definition of assault under Florida law though.

Old 07-23-2018, 08:17 AM

13,806 posts, read 9,700,705 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
^claims pushy boyfriend was defending her.

ouch. did you get to keep your kidney?

Yeah.....everybody knows that black men don't care for their babies mama. How could he be defending her? That is just an excuse....right? We all know the black guy just wanted to kill someone. Its in their DNA.

Old 07-23-2018, 08:19 AM

1,850 posts, read 1,137,473 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Responding to a push with a gun fire is somewhat cowardly in most peoples eyes.

Well, you have public opinion. and then you have the law.

Old 07-23-2018, 08:19 AM

23,177 posts, read 12,202,565 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph_Kirk View Post
When you're knocked to the ground, you are one second from being dead. The other person can run over, stomp your head into the pavement, and you're done.

I've been in that position, but fortunately I was able to pull one of my assailants down on top of me, and I heard him shouting, "Don't kick me! don't kick me! Kick the n------, kick the n------!"

People watch too much television and don't seem to know how deadly a fist fight with a grown man can be.

That's it. All these people saying it was "over" and the big guy was backing up apparently haven't been in or seen many fights. It's not uncommon for an attacker to walk around a bit before delivering the next big hit. He had forward momentum when he shoved the guy the first time, maybe he was stepping back to get forward momentum again to kick the guy? Who knows. We don't have audio to know what was being said. A guy could be taking a step back saying he was going to put you in the hospital or asking if you want some more.

We also don't know from the old guy's perspective if he could even tell if the big guy was stepping back. His head may have been ringing from hitting the ground. Monday morning quarterbacking on video is quite a bit different and much easier than real-time decision making.

Also, something no one has mentioned is that the old guy never turned to face the big guy coming towards him so it's probable the big guy never gave any warning at all. The old guy was talking to the woman when suddenly he felt a hard impact and was thrown to the ground.

Old 07-23-2018, 08:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyMac18 View Post
All the shooter had to do at that point was to warn the aggressor that he is armed and will shoot if he comes near him again.

Police could be called, the aggressor could be arrested.

It'd be a tough lesson for the attacker to learn, but he'd still be alive. And his children would still have a father.

This whole thing could have went better from beginning to end.

Nobody had to die.
See post #294

Old 07-23-2018, 08:26 AM

76,975 posts, read 47,597,802 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Responding to a push with a gun fire is somewhat cowardly in most peoples eyes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtnbkr5 View Post
Well, you have public opinion. and then you have the law.
Sure. It is cowardly even if the law is on your side.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies