Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-23-2018, 07:41 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,474,664 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by katygirl68 View Post
Then the law needs to be changed because that’s a bull s*** law. That man wasn’t scared. He was pissed! He knew damn well if they saw his gun they would have left, but I think he was looking for an excuse and the shove gave it to him.

Don’t defend him. He doesn’t deserve it.
I don't know how he was feeling or what he was thinking. Either do you. I think I know how I would be feeling, since I've been beaten up and roughed up a couple of times, and that's scared out of my wits.

Just because you disagree with the law doesn't mean you can assume you know the motives of the guy who was physically assaulted.

And just because you disagree with the law doesn't mean you can forget that the guy was physically assaulted.

How you can ignore the criminal act that caused this mans demise is curious to me.

Sorry, but none of this happens if the criminal act of physical assault didn't take place. Nobody has the right to assault another person.

Old 07-23-2018, 07:41 PM

20,956 posts, read 8,581,915 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indentured Servant View Post
You cannot separate this incident from the statistics that whites use to judge black people.

In other words, they don't think blacks really LOVE and hence they don't buy the argument that a black man was justified in pushing the white guy IN ORDER TO PROTECT HIS FAMILY. He pushed because its just in black males DNA to be violent.
Sure you can. Do all white guys act like the shooter?
This was weeks earlier, and according to reports, the shooter admitted he does it regularly and gets in trouble - but can't stop it.

"That’s when he says Drejka became furious."
"He flipped out on me called me every n-word, said he's going to shoot me," Kelly said. "He said he was going to kill me, and he went back to his truck, got something out of his truck and walked back up on me.""
"Kelly said Drejka called his job and left a threatening voice mail on the answering service."
https://www.baynews9.com/fl/tampa/ne...round-shooting

As long as you classify all middle aged white dudes as mass shooters and guys like this shooter - screaming N-Words to hard working citizens in a place that he has no business doing so....then your portrayal may have some sense.

But I would never say White Dudes do this stuff as a rule. Never....

Old 07-23-2018, 07:42 PM

24,281 posts, read 9,163,981 times
Quote:
Then the law needs to be changed because that’s a bull s*** law. That man wasn’t scared. He was pissed! He knew damn well if they saw his gun they would have left, but I think he was looking for an excuse and the shove gave it to him.

Don’t defend him. He doesn’t deserve it.
Did we watch the same video? The deceased didn’t even flinch at the sight of a gun. He only left after the bullet goes through his chest

You really think if the 47 year old hopped back to his feet that the deceased 28 year old would’ve just ran away? No. Old guy would’ve been pummeled in front of the dead guy’s kids

Old 07-23-2018, 07:43 PM

10,553 posts, read 9,607,099 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NomadicDrifter View Post
My take on this is that no one deserves to be shot over a shove but at the same time I wouldn't prosecute this man either. He either shot this man out of revenge or shot him to prevent being shoved again - the latter is protected. We simply don't know, and there is enough 'reasonable doubt' to believe he did shoot the guy to stop him from assaulting him again.

The mom and dad should have acted more responsibly, especially in front of their kids. They shouldn't have idled in a handicap zone and the dad shouldn't have assaulted some older guy over nothing. Because of these actions, a tragedy happened. I don't see the point to make this situation anymore tragic by prosecuting the old man.

At the same time this old man should learn to call the cops and not involve himself directly in situations. While keeping able bodied people out of handicap zones is a noble gesture, it can lead to bad outcomes like this. At the bare minimum if he's going to confront people, he shouldn't carry a gun.
The shooter was 47 years old. That is not an old man by anyone's stretch of the imagination.

Old 07-23-2018, 07:44 PM

11,191 posts, read 9,011,620 times
Quote:
He shoved him. He didn’t punch him. He didn’t shove him on the ground and then jump on him. He pushed him away from him and then started to back away. He did what any MAN would do to someone threatening his wife.

I can’t believe all the people here defending this crap. The man with the gun could have pulled his weapon and told the guy to back off, and I can almost guarantee the guy would have backed off. That man didn’t even take 5 seconds from pulling his gun and then pointing it at him and pulling the trigger.

I do not think stand your ground laws were meant to cover situations like this. If it does cover it, then they need to amend that law. It’s bs, and anyone defending it needs to review that video again and imagine how you’d feel if that were your son or brother or father.
What video did you watch??

Old 07-23-2018, 07:44 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,474,664 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indentured Servant View Post
You cannot separate this incident from the statistics that whites use to judge black people. As we read constantly and are constantly reminded of, the black murder rate is 8 times higher than the white murder rate. Another statistic relevant to understanding the opinion of many is single parent homes among blacks.

When looking at this incident, those stereotype plays into the formulation of opinion about whose was at most fault in this incident. In other words, given statistics, the white guy had a reasonable fear because blacks kill at 8 times the rate of whites. Also, the argument that the black guy was protecting his girl friend/family is challenged by the statistics that say black males don't support the mother of their children or families. In other words, they don't think blacks really LOVE and hence they don't buy the argument that a black man was justified in pushing the white guy IN ORDER TO PROTECT HIS FAMILY. He pushed because its just in black males DNA to be violent.
I'd say you can't make this stuff up - but that's exactly what you do.

Nobody is making this a racial issue but you. Geeze, do you ever wind down?

Old 07-23-2018, 07:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox Terrier View Post
Except he didn't body slam the guy. He shoved him and the guy fell.

Do you even know what a ''body slam'' is?

The shooter wasn't standing his ground; the man who shoved him wasn't coming after him after he fell.

He needs to be prosecuted for murder.
Exactly. He didn't body slam him. He shoved the harasser and the guy fell back on his butt. Big deal.

As others have noted, if everyone who got shoved resorted to shooting and killing the person who shoved them we'd have 100 more gun fatalities a day to add to the 100 a day we already have.

Does anyone realize how often people get into scuffles?

Old 07-23-2018, 07:50 PM

33,776 posts, read 16,777,251 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ellemint View Post
Does anyone realize how often people get into scuffles?
seldom as adults.

Once you assault you are uncivilized. That is where SYG works for the assaulted-just as it did here.

Old 07-23-2018, 07:51 PM

5,859 posts, read 2,796,341 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NY_refugee87 View Post
Pistols take clips?
Sure ,You know ,the M1 30-06 pistol.

Old 07-23-2018, 07:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
The issue is not that there are nut jobs with guns who will shoot you dead if you shove them, it is that in Florida it appears to be perfectly legal to do so.

According to the store clerk, Michael Drejka had been hanging around, trying to start trouble. Another guy said he started the same stuff with him.

Obviously, he was looking for a fight.

He found one and used this as an excuse to pull out his concealed weapons and commit murder.

Which apparently, is perfectly legal in Florida.
EXACTLY. Very similar to George Zimmerman who would "patrol" his condo neighborhood even though no one asked him to, searching for anything HE thought suspicious, bothering the police with endless unnecessary phone calls about incidents "someone left their garage door open, oh my!" --just itching to get in a fight and prove his tiny manhood. The shooter here sounds exactly like that, accosting a young woman and her child just because they were parked in a handicapped spot for a few minutes. Hardly a life-and-death transgression, although it turned into one. I will be very very surprised if the D.A. doesn't end up charging this murderous creep.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies