Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-23-2018, 09:06 PM

8,104 posts, read 3,957,018 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY_refugee87 View Post

Such a history...
You realize if that were true he'd have either
1. Been trespassed from the place.
2. Baker acted for being confrontational.

I'm not buying it for a moment.
The incident in Clearwater was caught on surveillance camera. Another man said he had the same argument with Drejka a month ago.

"He flipped out saying he would shoot me," Rich Kelly told WFTS. "So when I left, he called the owner of my company stating he was going to kill me."

Kelly said the man was upset he parked in a handicapped space.

Store owner Ali Selous said McGlockton was a frequent customer who was there buying candy for his little boy.

"It's sad to see him die in front of his son...for a parking lot," Selous said. "For a stupid reason, just to argue. Just to find someone to argue with."

Selous also told WFTS that he had to call police a month ago when Drejka got into a yelling match with Kelly.

Old 07-23-2018, 09:08 PM

16,236 posts, read 5,875,030 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by J746NEW View Post
This needs to be repeated.
Even some of the posters that defend the shooters actions agree, they would politely tell people that are in handicap spots that should not be, to please move unlike this hothead parking police clown that has an aggressive history of threatening to kill people and shouting at them.

He had absolutely 0 fear for his safety because he was packing a gun and ready to use it at the drop of a hat.
All true..... Very true... That is what most would have done.

Just as most of us would not have pushed the individual to the ground. The video doesn't lie, it shows the moment where the shooter could apply the SYG defense. The moment where he was physically assaulted.
Did the pusher back away? Yes but then stopped. One can only guess what was being said by the pusher to the shooter. I won't.
I wouldn't have shot, but then I wouldn't have put myself in that position. I also wouldn't have assaulted the shooter.
This is a story of 2 men going way over the line.

Old 07-23-2018, 09:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
If they had to call the cops more than once, they would have told him to stay away from the store, and I think it would have come out in the news by now.

Do you think it's possible they called the cops on him and it just hasn't come out yet?
If it is coming out that Drejka was pulling these confrontations just at this one store, how many others has been doing this at?

Old 07-23-2018, 09:10 PM

Quote:
The incident in Clearwater was caught on surveillance camera. Another man said he had the same argument with Drejka a month ago.

"He flipped out saying he would shoot me," Rich Kelly told WFTS. "So when I left, he called the owner of my company stating he was going to kill me."

Kelly said the man was upset he parked in a handicapped space.

Store owner Ali Selous said McGlockton was a frequent customer who was there buying candy for his little boy.

"It's sad to see him die in front of his son...for a parking lot," Selous said. "For a stupid reason, just to argue. Just to find someone to argue with."

Selous also told WFTS that he had to call police a month ago when Drejka got into a yelling match with Kelly.
And yet no arrest for alleged terroristic threats? No arrests for trespassing? Hmmm no citations for disorderly conduct?
Where I am from a store owner calls due to a customer being a jerk the very least that happens is a disorderly. Cops love that one.

Old 07-23-2018, 09:11 PM

23,177 posts, read 12,202,565 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by louie0406 View Post
- The victim coming out of the store did not just push the man for the sake of pushing him. He came out and witnessed this man engaging in a hostile argument with his S/O. Could he have handled it differently?, perhaps. Given the close proximity that the shooter was to the car and the female, I take it that he wanted to protect and create some distance between the two resulting in the push.

- Once on the floor from the shove, the pusher did not attempt to continue attacking the shooter. He stood still and even RETREATED once the shooter brandished his weapon. At that moment the fear or threat of being attacked further was neutralized eliminating the need to fire off a shot. If you ask me, he shot out of anger and retaliation. Not out of fear for his life.

1. It's reasonable the dead man wanted to protect his family and get the guy away. This could likely have been accomplished by (and the option I think most men would take) calling out the instant he came out the door to the effect "hey, back the eff off from my family!" If the older guy is the coward many claim, he would have backed away before the dead guy even reached the car. No, I believe the bigger approached silently because he wanted to deliver a hard undefended blow not just "create some distance".

2. You are yet another who apparently has no experience with being in that situation of being knocked to the ground by someone you didn't even see and then being able to evaluate in 2 seconds the kind of details you have observed over multiple reviews of the video. Be honest. How many times did you watch the video? Fear and panic can overtake you in a fraction of a second but it does not evaporate just as quickly. How many here have ever had a moment where they suddenly feared for their life - maybe it was a car swerving in front of you, or a slip and near fall on a steep flight of stairs - and were completely calm and back to normal a few seconds later? Chances are, your heart was still pounding and you were still shook up a few *minutes* later.

Old 07-23-2018, 09:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
If they had to call the cops more than once, they would have told him to stay away from the store, and I think it would have come out in the news by now.

Do you think it's possible they called the cops on him and it just hasn't come out yet?
Nope, the liberal media would have been all over that.
The shooter was a jerk... No law against that, at least not for confronting an illegal park.
The assault? lots of laws against that.

Old 07-23-2018, 09:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by boneyard1962 View Post
Nope, the liberal media would have been all over that.
The shooter was a jerk... No law against that, at least not for confronting an illegal park.
The assault? lots of laws against that.
Would there be public access to records of complaints made about him at the police stations?

Old 07-23-2018, 09:17 PM

8,224 posts, read 3,494,176 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boneyard1962 View Post
And yet no arrest for alleged terroristic threats? No arrests for trespassing? Hmmm no citations for disorderly conduct?
Where I am from a store owner calls due to a customer being a jerk the very least that happens is a disorderly. Cops love that one.
That's a big thing in my AO here in Florida too.
If police were called, it's a public record. If I felt like searching for it, if it's true that police responded and questioned the guy, there is a record of it.

Old 07-23-2018, 09:18 PM

8,224 posts, read 3,494,176 times
Quote:
Would there be public access to records of complaints made about him at the police stations?
Yes. It's a law here in Florida.
Nothing is hidden from the public by the government. Including police actions/reports.

Old 07-23-2018, 09:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY_refugee87 View Post
Yes. It's a law here in Florida.
Nothing is hidden from the public by the government. Including police actions/reports.
Do you have a link where we can search for his name?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies