Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-24-2018, 01:43 PM

19,603 posts, read 12,206,783 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by newdixiegirl View Post
Man! Reading the posts on here...it's astounding how unbelievably Puritanical Americans are. What is the big deal??
Americans are not used to nudity even for practical purposes. If it is made ok, it turns into something else because it is a different culture than Europe.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-24-2018, 01:46 PM

79,913 posts, read 44,167,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamajane View Post
Americans are not used to nudity even for practical purposes. If it is made ok, it turns into something else because it is a different culture than Europe.
I've seen women breast feed and I'm not sure I've ever seen any nudity while it was done. I'm sure some have caught a quick glance but it's not what I would define as nudity.

Old 07-24-2018, 01:54 PM

9,588 posts, read 5,836,586 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
I've seen women breast feed and I'm not sure I've ever seen any nudity while it was done. I'm sure some have caught a quick glance but it's not what I would define as nudity.
Well, even if a woman DOES accidentally expose a boob () while breastfeeding, so WHAT? Funny how people have no problem with boobs in advertising of all kinds, they have no problem with boobs on TV and movies, no problem with boobs sexually hanging out everywhere. But NOT for feeding babies. THAT they will not tolerate!! Cover up!

Sexist and puritanical.

Old 07-24-2018, 01:58 PM

Quote:
Very few have an issue here. The problem is, the few that do can be very loud.
Lots of Americans have a problem with women breastfeeding their babies in public. In another incident recently, someone CALLED THE POLICE on a couple of breastfeeding moms at a public pool in Minnesota. That, to me, is far more shocking than a brief view of a woman's breast -- while she feeds her child. Anyone who would call the cops because a woman is breastfeeding in public is a total idiot.

Old 07-24-2018, 02:00 PM

79,913 posts, read 44,167,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newdixiegirl View Post
Lots of Americans have a problem with women breastfeeding their babies in public. In another incident recently, someone CALLED THE POLICE on a couple of breastfeeding moms at a public pool in Minnesota. That, to me, is far more shocking than a brief view of a woman's breast -- while she feeds her child. Anyone who would call the cops because a woman is breastfeeding in public is a total idiot.
Out of all the people there, one person called.

Old 07-24-2018, 02:06 PM

Quote:
Out of all the people there, one person called.
It's ridiculous that one person called. It's absurd that women breastfeeding in public is even an issue. It astounds me.

Old 07-24-2018, 07:46 PM

3,493 posts, read 4,550,413 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katarina Witt View Post
It's a lot more dispersed in an ocean than in a municipal pool!
Have you done a study of the parts per million content of different biological material at sea as compared to the swimming pool?

However, based on your comment, what areas are safe to swim at sea than at the swimming pool?
Yes, it is a lot more dispersed but it has not chemicals to destroy harmful content as in the pool. My conclusion would be that the swimming pool does contain a greater concentration of protective chemicals than the sea.

Old 07-25-2018, 02:30 PM

477 posts, read 276,289 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boneyard1962 View Post

Originally Posted by Mr. Joshua View Post
I was eating breakfast at a restaurant not long ago and a woman was breastfeeding, the baby dropped down and a big red swollen nipple was staring at me.

The mother glared at me I don't know whether it was embarrassment or she was appalled that I was looking. She was right in my straight forward line of vision.

That is all I have to say.

Been there done that.

I was at an iHop in MD. Pretty young mom was breast feeding her baby in the waiting area where you walk in. I was just stunned I hadn't expected to be treated by a mom breast feeding. The baby let loose and the nipple winked at me. I am a man I looked. I don't think I stared , if I did my wife would have made a deal of it. The young mom scowled a moment as she re-holstered her weapon.

I was at a small deli . I ordered a hoagie. The woman making it was early 20's and very pregnant. NO bra and wearing a sun dress. Her breasts were out of that dress more than in. Girl didn't care. My wife did and chewed me out all the way home for starting. I am a healthy straight male. Perky boobs interest me.

My point is breast feeding is perfectly natural, but we don t see it a lot. So when we do we tend to look.
The second scenario was just me reliving a fond memory from last week.
The bolded.

If men don't get to tell women how dress (which they shouldn't), women don't get to determine when a man is allowed to look (because, tough).

Old 07-25-2018, 02:35 PM

16,825 posts, read 17,720,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elamigo View Post
Have you done a study of the parts per million content of different biological material at sea as compared to the swimming pool?

However, based on your comment, what areas are safe to swim at sea than at the swimming pool?
Yes, it is a lot more dispersed but it has not chemicals to destroy harmful content as in the pool. My conclusion would be that the swimming pool does contain a greater concentration of protective chemicals than the sea.
What is a protective chemical?

Anyway, the ocean has salt, the primary constituent of which is chloride, which ionizes to chlorine. The ocean is naturally not home to as many parasitism, harmful bacteria, etc. as freshwater systems. That is why chlorine is added as a disinfectant to swimming pools, a chemical naturally in seawater.

Old 07-25-2018, 02:41 PM

16,825 posts, read 17,720,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by manteca man View Post
The bolded.

If men don't get to tell women how dress (which they shouldn't), women don't get to determine when a man is allowed to look (because, tough).
True, just because guys like the one you quoted are creeps, doesn’t mean they can’t be creeps in public. Otoh, giving a creep a dirty look isn’t telling them what to do, just what we think of their creepy behavior.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies