Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-23-2018, 05:33 AM

59,029 posts, read 27,290,738 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ottomobeale View Post
Er the GOP gerrymandered in their own direction after the 2010 census. They did NOT take over Dem districts. Gerrymandering is evil regardless of who does it. Yes this includes MD, IL...

" Gerrymandering is evil" Never claimed otherwise.

I was just pointing out the hypocrite left who NEVER complained all those years when it favored THEM, and still do so today but, NOW it is the worst thing in the world!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-23-2018, 08:05 AM

5,913 posts, read 3,184,775 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
"they cannot afford to live in a capitalistic society that benefits the rich."

You are entitled to your opinion but, NOT YOUR OWN facts.

"Unless you are able to name one of these 'liberal politics"

That is easy, I already talked about the property taxes. Public unions another one. Passing laws REQUIRING expensive sprinkler systems in houses RAISES the cost of new houses.

I LIVED in a liberl dem controlled state most of my life. Just about EVERY policeman and fireman, and know a LOT of them, retired after 20 years, the minimum length of service to retire, of service with a "100% divisibility" retirement at 2/3 rds their current salary. Meaning they get their retirement TAX FREE.

Every year they go ta Cost of Living raise. In a few years they were making MORE in retirement then they did working.

MOST "worked", after getting their 100% disability classification, for cash "under the table" so they would not exceed the minimum pay allowed, physically demanding jobs.

You might want to look up the "rain tax" imposed.

I haven't even touched on the waste, fraud and abuse of all the entitlement programs.

I could go on but, ANYBODY who lived in one of these dem controlled states can give LOTS of reason why it was so expensive to live there.

"BTW, I would be more careful when trying to make a point about your education"

I'll stand MINE up to YOURS ANY DAY. And MINE is NOT just some piece of paper that shows I can read book and pass a test.
Wait, what! Capitalism is egalitarian in your world?

Property taxes, unions, and regulations are 'liberal politics' now? These things don't exist where you live? Really??? Do you understand why these things are important.

I don't believe your story about your first responder friends making that much. Look up Transparent California and you can find out the exact amount people make.

It's expensive because the economy is roaring and has for almost 10 years now. People want to live in Blue states b/c that is where the jobs are located and they are desirable places to live as compared to Possum Crack, Alabama. In CA we have not built enough. That means there are not enough housing units for all the people that want to live here and all the people that are taking all of these high paying jobs. The low income people cannot compete and are therefore moving to more reasonably priced locales. It is not that complicated. People like you, who went to the school of hard knocks, are unable to keep up with the educated, highly paid workers that are replacing you. Which is not good b/c we need people like you. But, I understand, ego gets the best of us and it is easier to blame 'liberal politics' than to recognize ones failures/lack of opportunities in life. Cheers.

Old 07-23-2018, 10:59 AM

59,029 posts, read 27,290,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oakformonday View Post
Wait, what! Capitalism is egalitarian in your world?

Property taxes, unions, and regulations are 'liberal politics' now? These things don't exist where you live? Really??? Do you understand why these things are important.

I don't believe your story about your first responder friends making that much. Look up Transparent California and you can find out the exact amount people make.

It's expensive because the economy is roaring and has for almost 10 years now. People want to live in Blue states b/c that is where the jobs are located and they are desirable places to live as compared to Possum Crack, Alabama. In CA we have not built enough. That means there are not enough housing units for all the people that want to live here and all the people that are taking all of these high paying jobs. The low income people cannot compete and are therefore moving to more reasonably priced locales. It is not that complicated. People like you, who went to the school of hard knocks, are unable to keep up with the educated, highly paid workers that are replacing you. Which is not good b/c we need people like you. But, I understand, ego gets the best of us and it is easier to blame 'liberal politics' than to recognize ones failures/lack of opportunities in life. Cheers.

"Property taxes, unions, and regulations are 'liberal politics' now? These things don't exist where you live? Really???"
This is like , "Have you quit beating your wife yet?"

I never claimed they were NOT important.

To go to the nth degree is what people do who do NOT want to have honest discussion on the issues.

Good bye!

Old 07-23-2018, 01:06 PM

5,913 posts, read 3,184,775 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
"Property taxes, unions, and regulations are 'liberal politics' now? These things don't exist where you live? Really???"
This is like , "Have you quit beating your wife yet?"

I never claimed they were NOT important.

To go to the nth degree is what people do who do NOT want to have honest discussion on the issues.

Good bye!
Wow, you are very confused. You really don't know what you are espousing. Good luck in the future!

Old 07-23-2018, 01:13 PM

1,991 posts, read 900,039 times
Meh, I just got tired of shoveling snow. But damn! Are these Righties stupid down here!

Old 07-23-2018, 06:09 PM

16,212 posts, read 10,819,047 times
Nearly all major cities are liberal. If they are leaving Democrat/liberal cities more than likely their moving to other Democrat/liberal cities or the surburban communities around those cities.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies