Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-21-2018, 06:05 PM

19,603 posts, read 12,206,783 times

Advertisements

One idiot meets another idiot.
Maybe one day a video will start at the beginning of the incident.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-21-2018, 06:08 PM

13,586 posts, read 13,108,708 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
Why the hell did he get the police involved? Just call the manager for God's sake. Idiot.
You and I never agree, but I agree on this one. A freakin coupon needs an armed response? Scary woman trying to get laundry soap for pennies on the dollar? Eeek.

Old 07-21-2018, 06:15 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,820,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NLVgal View Post
You and I never agree, but I agree on this one. A freakin coupon needs an armed response? Scary woman trying to get laundry soap for pennies on the dollar? Eeek.

yeah heaven forbid that someone uses a coupon the store puts out to be used by customers so the store can get foot traffic into the store. as andy griffith would say, "gee whiz"

Old 07-21-2018, 06:15 PM

11,904 posts, read 5,582,296 times
Quote:
TWIS and I are political opposites in a lot of ways, but she has a hell of a lot of common sense, especially about day-to-day issues like this one.

Dollar General is a dump.

Old 07-21-2018, 06:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
yeah heaven forbid that someone uses a coupon the store puts out to be used by customers so the store can get foot traffic into the store. as andy griffith would say, "gee whiz"
No kidding. They could just lower their prices and not do coupons. It works for Aldi.

Old 07-21-2018, 06:24 PM

37,949 posts, read 17,851,639 times
Quote:
I wouldn’t pee on you if you were on fire, but that made me LOL. Fine job.
"Showering" me wouldnt really help. At least for the pain part. It actually makes it worse. So thanks, I guess.

Old 07-21-2018, 06:29 PM

37,949 posts, read 17,851,639 times
“I had no coupons in my hand and they are all digital coupons on their app. Spend $30 on gain scents and receive $ 5 off then other digital coupons ranging from .50 to $2 off of each of these items all on their app. He could not figure it out. Told me he hate people like me, told me to shut up, and more. I eventually pulled out my phone….and started recording to protect myself against his nasty attitude in case anything happened.. now him and his wife inboxing me.”

Somethings off here. My experience with digital coupons at DG, all you have to do is enter your phone number on the key pad. The cashier doesn't have to do anything.

Another thing, I applaud that lady who uses her head and snags all she can, coupon wise, to lower her costs AND pulling out the phone to record the incident. Way to go!!!!

Old 07-21-2018, 06:41 PM

30,251 posts, read 23,719,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katzpaw View Post
Thanks for the link. She wasn't being "difficult" at all. She was very calm. That was horrendous customer service. You never treat customers like that even if you think they are wrong. And, how can she be wrong, Gain smells REALLY GOOD, can you blame her for wanting to get all that for as low as possible?

Anyway, why does he even care? It's not his store, they aren't his personal items. Just ring up the purchase and move on.

Quote:
I mean, seriously, what would be the charges? "She used too many coupons! Throw her in prison!!"

Friggen idiot that guy is.

Old 07-21-2018, 07:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
Thanks for the link. She wasn't being "difficult" at all. She was very calm. That was horrendous customer service. You never treat customers like that even if you think they are wrong. And, how can she be wrong, Gain smells REALLY GOOD, can you blame her for wanting to get all that for as low as possible?

Anyway, why does he even care? It's not his store, they aren't his personal items. Just ring up the purchase and move on.

I mean, seriously, what would be the charges? "She used too many coupons! Throw her in prison!!"

Friggen idiot that guy is.
My guess would be that they don't treat their employees any better than their customers, and he probably hates his job and everyone associated with it. Not an excuse, but possibly a reason. Well, that, and just being sort of an a-hole.

Old 07-21-2018, 07:41 PM
Status: "Apparently the worst poster on CD" (set 22 days ago)

27,631 posts, read 16,115,213 times
What did her being black have anything to do with this story? This is the only reason this story made news. MSM SUCKS
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies