Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-22-2018, 02:50 PM

33,511 posts, read 37,034,373 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melchisedec View Post
apples to oranges

It is AlGore who got rich by peddling global warming, not Trump.
Sorry, but you are wrong...Read this. https://business.financialpost.com/n...dential-defeat

Old 07-22-2018, 02:57 PM

18,453 posts, read 9,088,404 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by unlblkrubi View Post
Natural cycle of the earth heating and cooling. Calm down.
You’ll still be saying that at +4C above the 20th century average.

Old 07-22-2018, 05:53 PM

27,307 posts, read 16,156,650 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aridon View Post
Rapid temperature rise that normally takes 10 thousand years occurring in a few decades is not normal.

Especially when there is an obvious cause like greenhouse emissions.

We monitor the sun and it's energy output, we know our orbits very well, those are not the causes.

Your car normally does 80mph but if you turn it on and it suddenly starts going 80mph you aren't going to say "well gee my car does 80mph this is normal"

Yes it was hotter in the past, no it doesn't mean what you think it means since our orbit and sun output should give us over all cooling.

Since we are getting warmer, rapidly I might add, and see that greenhouse gasses are rising rapidly in the atmosphere it takes a total dullard to ignore the problem.

The entire thing is reminiscent of the leaded gas debate. So much stupid
Who decided what was “normal”?

Old 07-22-2018, 05:55 PM

37,315 posts, read 59,646,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by unlblkrubi View Post
Every expert? I'm an expert in things also. And I guess you really need to quit using any products made from petroleum and unplug from the electric grid.
An expert in showing small town religiosity which requires a literal interpretation of the Bible perhaps

Old 07-22-2018, 06:53 PM

15,752 posts, read 7,546,297 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainrose View Post
The reality is there is not much political or economic will to get anything seriously done about it because of the dramatic changes needed. No politician wants to endorse the severe economic repercussions it would take to make enough serious changes in carbon emissions.
The Paris Accord was a total joke, and even gave China extra polluting powers. So if that’s the best the international communities are willing to do, we just are going to have to adapt to a changing climate. Population control all,over the planet is what is needed, but you don’t see limousine liberals dare to talk about THAT.

I’ve had a hybrid Lexus for 13 years, have geothermal heat and AC, recycle, have an organic farm and try to have a small carbon footprint —and I’m a conservative. Republicans need to be better stewards of the planet, without going Al Gore and Hollywood hypocrisy.
Quote:
I’ve had a hybrid Lexus for 13 years, have geothermal heat and AC, recycle, have an organic farm and try to have a small carbon footprint —and I’m a conservative.
So say there is a bill that's up for a new law requiring the gov to pass out the hybrid Lexus and/or equivalent to folks driving 20 - 30 year old cars, you'll be the first one in line to cast a vote for it? After all we're saving the planet don't ya know.

Quote:
Population control all,over the planet is what is needed
It's working ...
Current World Population
Quote:
Annual growth rate reached its peak in the late 1960s, when it was at around 2%. The rate of increase has nearly halved since then, and will continue to decline in the coming years.
<snip>
World population will therefore continue to grow in the 21st century, but at a much slower rate compared to the recent past.

Old 07-22-2018, 07:01 PM

15,752 posts, read 7,546,297 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WMak70 View Post
BS. When Antarctica is seeing temperatures of 90 degrees, and the norm is 50-60, that is not a natural cycle. Every expert on the planet knows this is a problem, only those of you with your heads in the sand are the ones laughing about it.
Ice age
Quote:
Glaciologically, ice age is often used to mean a period of ice sheets in the northern and southern hemispheres; by this definition we are still in an ice age (because the Greenland and Antarctic ice sheets still exist).

Old 07-22-2018, 07:08 PM

46,189 posts, read 26,935,507 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur
And climate change deniers mostly live in America and are almost always ignorant right wing nut jobs...What is your point?
Still waiting for you to answer. And you have responded in this thread after I posted....but then, you know, you'd have to be honest...

Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
Not really....it's just not happening at the break neck speed that you and your leftist buddies say it is....

If you are correct in your statement, why did it start out (in no particular order) global warming, global cooling, and now we have climate change......

Also, what do you say about the following link: https://www.express.co.uk/news/scien...Island-Glacier

Old 07-22-2018, 07:12 PM

30,873 posts, read 36,825,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJmann View Post
Most of Sweden is dealing with wide spread forest fires across the nation due to prolonged extreme heatwave across Scandinavia and Northern Europe where temperatures has been 80s and 90s (over 30 C) since May with barely any rain something unusual for the region. There is no relief of heat and dry weather anytime soon. Many EU countries has sent help to Sweden.

Yet Trump denies global warming...

https://www.google.com/amp/s/weather...t-drought.html

https://postmedia.us.janrainsso.com/...yearly-average
The climate is being manipulated deliberately via geoengineering. Even mainstream liberal journalists are saying it now:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3MVt-3jI9aE

Old 07-22-2018, 08:30 PM

18,453 posts, read 9,088,404 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mysticaltyger View Post
The climate is being manipulated deliberately via geoengineering. Even mainstream liberal journalists are saying it now:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3MVt-3jI9aE
It’s a conspiracy by China to make American manufacturing uncompetitive.

Old 07-22-2018, 08:49 PM

2,359 posts, read 1,028,146 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur

So what? Do you not know that it is winter in Antarctica?
Of course. That's what made my riposte so clever and ingenious.

The guy you need to pose your question to is this correspondent quoted hereinbelow. You know...the one complaining about 90 degree temperatures in Antarctica. He apparently is not so aware, and evidently could use your expertise. If I were you, I'd get on the horn and set this guy straight.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMak70 View Post
BS. When Antarctica is seeing temperatures of 90 degrees, and the norm is 50-60, that is not a natural cycle. Every expert on the planet knows this is a problem, only those of you with your heads in the sand are the ones laughing about it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies