Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-22-2018, 09:41 PM

6,131 posts, read 7,982,569 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMoreYouKnow View Post
Obama convinced the left that he'd give them cheap, great healthcare along with $2500 back per family and the idiots believed him. The left is by far the easiest group of morons to con, the thousands of pink ***** hat wearing goons who protest things that haven't happened are a prime example of that fact.
The ACA has been a major benefit for my family, so you’re barking up the wrong tree with that nonsense, Tex.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-22-2018, 10:24 PM

9,468 posts, read 10,794,806 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by turkey-head View Post
I think it's important to note that trump-voters are not really conservatives. They're reactionaries.
No they are definitely NOT conservative. Conservatives believe in traditional values and at least make an attempt to live them. Conservatives believe in small government and protecting our constitutional rights. Conservatives believe in a strong foreign policy, support NATO and work to contain nations like Russia and China.
Trump supporters are populist NOT conservatives.

Old 07-22-2018, 11:43 PM

14,888 posts, read 10,029,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnp292 View Post
The ACA has been a major benefit for my family, so you’re barking up the wrong tree with that nonsense, Tex.
In that case you should be thanking me, you're welcome for the subsidies and the "free money" that came from our tax dollars, Hoss.

Old 07-22-2018, 11:49 PM

14,888 posts, read 10,029,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by danielj72 View Post
Trump supporters are populist NOT conservatives.
Sure we are, your ignorant opinions mean nothing to anyone but yourself.

Old 07-23-2018, 12:39 AM

56,988 posts, read 35,179,016 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMoreYouKnow View Post
In that case you should be thanking me, you're welcome for the subsidies and the "free money" that came from our tax dollars, Hoss.
Lol..whatever. You happily sent it to Iraq and Afghanistan. Why don’t you ask THEM to thank you?

Give it to an American, and you sit around preening as if you’re doing someone a favor.

Old 07-23-2018, 12:42 AM

56,988 posts, read 35,179,016 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
Why is the name not mentioned in the OP Post!

Most likely an anti Trumper. Just the name of McJudas says enough.
Max Boot. And no he’s not an anti Trumper.

Old 07-23-2018, 01:13 AM

10,920 posts, read 6,905,438 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reads2MUCH View Post
I just have to say that's pretty funny, considering how reactionary the left is to pretty much anything and everything our president says or does. If the creases in his pants aren't on point, the left will put together a news story about it and rant for days. Just saying, kind of the pot calling the kettle black calling other political groups "reactionary". And honestly, it steals the left's thunder. If those who oppose the president were a bit more conservative about when they call the president out or display their hate, they might be taken more seriously. But the ultra-reactionary behavior of those on the left has caused most people to shrug off whatever "meltdown" story the left has put forward that day. Hard to take anyone seriously when they go crazy over even the smallest things. Save your outrage for the things that matter, and you will further your cause. Otherwise, most people will simply assume this is the latest left-wing meltdown story and move on.
Read the wiki link. It's a type of political belief, not really "reactionary" in the way you're using it in your post.

Old 07-23-2018, 05:24 AM

9,694 posts, read 7,386,107 times
That two out of a couple million, really news worthy, I guess more fake news

Old 07-23-2018, 05:50 AM

4,668 posts, read 3,895,546 times
There is no way I’d want Obama back, but that doesn’t mean I like Trump. Trump is a huge embarrassment and a terrible president, but he doesn’t, or hasn’t yet, hurt my pocketbook like Obama did. Insurance hikes took 10% (more) of my income under Obama, that’s ridiculous and inexcusable. Trump giving me exemptions for health insurance saved my business, for that alone I am grateful, but leaving me without insurance isn’t positive either, basically they said, Obama screwed up big time for small business owners, but we don’t have an actual solution either. So no I don’t support Trump. Any other Republican would have been better, any of them.

Old 07-23-2018, 06:04 AM

24,392 posts, read 23,044,056 times
The guy sounds less like a conservative and more like a deep stater.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies