Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-23-2018, 10:52 AM

20,458 posts, read 12,381,706 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Partial Observer View Post

Did Pocahontas pretend to be Native American? No. Her only crime is that she was the first (and probably only) Native American the mouth-breathing president could think of when he was reaching for a nickname that would play to his base.

Using a single person as a proxy for an entire ethnic or religious group is offensive, because it shows that the speaker lumps them all together, without regard for any individual differences. It would be like calling all Muslims "Mohammeds" because you can't be bothered to distinguish brown people who pray to a different god.
here is where you show your Trump Derangement Syndrome or worse your lack of knowledge about the subject.

Warren has been called Fauxcahontas or Pocahontas long before Trump came along. That goes back to her first run for the Senate.

and stop playing the stupid race card. its sooooo left. and so misguided.

a proper analogy would be for someone showing up claiming to be Muslim and of Muslim heritage, speaking for Muslims, when its perfectly clear the person isn't Muslim, doesn't have Muslim heritage, and cant quote a single passage from the Koran... and people calling that person Mohammad as a satirical jab at their duplicity.

THAT is an apt analogy. so you are utterly and completely wrong and suffering from TDS because you are blaming Trump for something that LONG preceded him AND FURTHER you are defending that shrew. its utter and complete hypocrisy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-23-2018, 11:05 AM

14,483 posts, read 11,282,562 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
Too funny. The OP uses a racial slur in the title of this thread, while calling someone else a racist. Too funny.
What part of the title is a racial slur and why?

Old 07-23-2018, 11:16 AM

14,483 posts, read 11,282,562 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmyy View Post
If it is not racist then it certainly is disrespectful.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e79jg0j_6_w
Answering that you are of Native American ancestry on any application or questionnaire is for disadvantaged dark skinned people who grew up on reservations and whose people have been historically discriminated against.

Old 07-23-2018, 11:17 AM

20,458 posts, read 12,381,706 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Joshua View Post
What part of the title is a racial slur and why?
lets all be really honest here.

The part that is a racial slur is the part that doesn't jive with the progressive viewpoint. period.

Old 07-23-2018, 11:22 AM

643 posts, read 329,581 times
"racial slur"

I know towns named Pocahontas.

Old 07-23-2018, 11:24 AM

1,199 posts, read 638,789 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferd View Post
here is where you show your Trump Derangement Syndrome or worse your lack of knowledge about the subject.

Warren has been called Fauxcahontas or Pocahontas long before Trump came along. That goes back to her first run for the Senate.

and stop playing the stupid race card. its sooooo left. and so misguided.

a proper analogy would be for someone showing up claiming to be Muslim and of Muslim heritage, speaking for Muslims, when its perfectly clear the person isn't Muslim, doesn't have Muslim heritage, and cant quote a single passage from the Koran... and people calling that person Mohammad as a satirical jab at their duplicity.

THAT is an apt analogy. so you are utterly and completely wrong and suffering from TDS because you are blaming Trump for something that LONG preceded him AND FURTHER you are defending that shrew. its utter and complete hypocrisy.
You sound angry. I'd hoped the tax cut and anti-immigration policies would ease your working class anxieties, but I'm afraid all the winning hasn't made you happy. Is there anything I can do to help? Would it cheer you up if I posted a meme with Elizabeth Warren wearing a Native American headdress?

Old 07-23-2018, 11:28 AM

34,279 posts, read 19,371,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Partial Observer View Post
What's even more ironic is that JAMS14's perfectly reasonable post would have been flagged as trolling and deleted if the other moderator had been patrolling this forum instead of you.

You seem to realize that tensions are high on both sides, and you moderate with an even hand. Unfortunately, some of your peers have been running interference for the alt-right. Spouting racist views is O.K.; calling someone out for spouting racist views is "trolling."

Redzin is not a moderator of Politics and controversies. As such I believe he doesn't tend to moderate anything but the most blatent and obvious nonsense I believe. Outside mods touching things here based on anything opinion related could cause some serious havoc.

(mods-im not discussing a mod action, but rather the behaviors associated with what I suspect the rules guiding them are, I believe this is allowed,)

Old 07-23-2018, 12:54 PM

78,416 posts, read 60,593,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OnOurWayHome View Post
You said "imagine if trump tried to claim Mexican heritage" to score an advantage. I pointed out that his family did lie about their heritage to gain an advantage. Care to comment?

From everything I've heard, the results of the DNA tests can be very iffy. I don't know Warren's ancestry. But trump's is well documented, and they're German, not Swedish.
1. Trump lies about a lot of stuff, probably why I used him lying as an example.

2. I actually didn't comment because I felt it would just be a sad thing to have to explain to you the difference between lying about ancestry to gain advantage via affirmative action and to lie to avoid ethnic prejudice.

Another example would be a person lying about black ancestry to get a scholarship....and another person lying about something like being gay to avoid having their business discriminated against. If you don't see things like this as being different then we'll have to disagree on the topic.

Old 07-23-2018, 01:00 PM

78,416 posts, read 60,593,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmyy View Post
If it is not racist then it certainly is disrespectful.
Yes, Trump said something disrespectful against Warren by mocking her heritage claim which she cannot reasonably support.

Here in my country we call that a political attack like "tiny hands" or "crooked Hillary" or a host of others.

Old 07-23-2018, 01:12 PM

10,022 posts, read 15,665,421 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
Redzin is not a moderator of Politics and controversies. As such I believe he doesn't tend to moderate anything but the most blatent and obvious nonsense I believe. Outside mods touching things here based on anything opinion related could cause some serious havoc.

(mods-im not discussing a mod action, but rather the behaviors associated with what I suspect the rules guiding them are, I believe this is allowed,)
You are correct. This forum has 4 moderators: Ibginnie, Oldhag1, Reads2MUCH and myself. Other mods may of course participate in the conversations as posters, but they will not be moderating your posts.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies