Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-23-2018, 06:53 PM

18,782 posts, read 17,358,834 times

Advertisements

The KKK was founded in response to the 15th Amendment.

Quote:
The right of citizens of the United States to vote shall not be denied or abridged by the United States or by any State on account of race, color, or previous condition of servitude.

Likewise the Democrats of today are constantly trying to attack the bill of rights, especially the 2nd Amendment (which as another poster points out, was first attacked by Democrats for reasons of racism).

Certainly the Democrats have abandoned the straight-up racism of people like Sam Ervin, Robert Byrd, and J William Fulbright. But it has been replaced with a new kind of backdoor racism. Democrats continually make false accusations of racism in order to keep the waters roiling and the people divided along racial lines.

Rev. Al Sharpton is of course the master of this, which is why President Obama made Sharpton his "go-to guy" on matters of race.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-23-2018, 06:55 PM

4,627 posts, read 3,394,411 times
The Klan never was anything remotely close to a left wing entity in philosophy or tactics. Throughout its history, the Klan has been a conservative, not revolutionary, organization. As a vigilante, it sought to uphold "law and order," white dominance, and traditional morality. To do this it threatened, flogged, mutilated, and murdered. The main purpose of the Klan has been to defend and restore what they conceived as traditional social values. The Klan has basically been a reactionary movement.

If anything the Alt-Right's tactics has echoes of the historical Klan. I mean tiki torches, etc.

https://psmag.com/social-justice/the...were-memelords

Old 07-23-2018, 07:01 PM

18,015 posts, read 27,463,514 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronxguyanese View Post
I'm going to say this once and only once. The alt-right and SJWs are one of the same. They are alike in many ways such as being collective, consuming their own, and having a victim mentality. Same could said or Pro Blacks and white Nationalists. Same can also go for Feminists. All such groups are toxic and prove no real goal for America. The sad thing is that most Americans and business entities are scared of such people because they can ruin business with a push of a button.
Projection and deflection.

Wrong, projection and deflection on the side, with a I know you are but what am I? Cherry on top.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chad3 View Post
The democrats that fought to retain slavery and who founded the KKK (were today's republicans.)

"The American political parties, now called Democrats and Republicans, switched platform planks, ideologies, and members many times in American history."
Democrats and Republicans Switched Platforms - Fact or Myth?

"Sometime between the 1860s and 1936, the (Democratic) party of small government became the party of big government, and the (Republican) party of big government became rhetorically committed to curbing federal power."
https://www.livescience.com/34241-de...platforms.html

And the Ku Klux Klan (KKK) officially endorsed Donald Trump for president.
https://www.independent.co.uk/news/w...-a7392801.html
History revisionist.

I'm glad for you that you are too shamed to own your history. I would be too if you wuz I.

Old 07-23-2018, 07:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by legalsea View Post
That is the only reasonable response I have seen on this thread.

The parties have changed. I have lived in Texas all of my 63 years. We have always, and I mean 'always', been 'conservative'.

Nothing has changed. We are still 'conservative', only, now, the majority of voters vote "Republican" instead of "Democrat". Why? Because of the change of parties, not change of beliefs.

I do wish people would at least think before posting. Texas did not change in its voting habits, only the party label.

LBJ said it best, when he signed into law the Civil Right Act of 1964: "We have lost the South for a generation".

Look at the People, not the party label. Those that were against 'Negroes' (the term used in my youth) have not changed. When the "Democrats" of Texas saw that the Democratic Party was for 'equal rights' for the Negro, while Republicans (again, changing) said that they were 'down' on Negroes, then people started voting for Republicans, resulting in the "Red" state of Texas.
According to Ann Coulter, the LBJ quote you cite is of questionable provenance. A quote she says is more likely accurate was reported by the chief steward of Air Force One during LBJ's reign, a man named Ronald MacMillan. This was said during a flight w/ a discussion of the 1964 Civil Rights Act.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBJ
“I’ll have them n*****s [expletive redacted] voting Democratic for two hundred years.”
https://www.intellectualtakeout.org/...atic-200-years

Last edited by wutitiz; 07-23-2018 at 07:14 PM..

Old 07-23-2018, 07:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astral_Weeks View Post
The Klan never was anything remotely close to a left wing entity in philosophy or tactics. Throughout its history, the Klan has been a conservative, not revolutionary, organization. As a vigilante, it sought to uphold "law and order," white dominance, and traditional morality. To do this it threatened, flogged, mutilated, and murdered. The main purpose of the Klan has been to defend and restore what they conceived as traditional social values. The Klan has basically been a reactionary movement.

If anything the Alt-Right's tactics has echoes of the historical Klan. I mean tiki torches, etc.

https://psmag.com/social-justice/the...were-memelords
Disingenuous twisting of semantics. The conservative/liberal spectrum did not apply until the 20th century. Thus it is misleading to refer to the 19th century KKK as either liberal or conservative.

The 20th century Klan-allied politicos such as Robert Byrd were almost all liberal, in the sense of being pro-big government. Robert Byrd was a tax-and-spend pro-pork guy during his Klan days, and remained so after he had to disavow the Klan due to the changing political landscape. Likewise people like Sam Ervin, J. Will. Fulbright, and Allen Ellender. They were all New-Dealers and Great Society supporters--in other words, on the left side of the spectrum.

Old 07-23-2018, 07:17 PM

13,685 posts, read 9,007,828 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wutitiz View Post
According to Ann Coulter, the LBJ quote you cite is of questionable provenance. A quote she says is more likely accurate was reported by the chief steward of Air Force One during LBJ's reign, a man named Ronald MacMillan. This was said during a flight w/ a discussion of the 1964 Civil Rights Act.

https://www.intellectualtakeout.org/...atic-200-years

I go with more historical sources, and not some nut job.

Old 07-23-2018, 07:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by legalsea View Post
I go with more historical sources, and not some nut job.
If you look at the link I posted, the N-word quote from the steward is a 'historical source.' The source for your quote was actually Bill Moyers, who by many accounts qualifies as a nut job. One of his chief duties as a campaign worker for LBJ was hunting for gays involved in the Goldwater campaign.

The intolerable smugness of Bill Moyers.

Quote:
These weren't the only Moyers White House homo-hunts. On Commentary's blog, Jason Maoz quotes former U.S. Deputy Attorney General Laurence Silberman, who wrote in the Wall Street Journal in 2005 that weeks before the 1964 Johnson-Goldwater election, Moyers "was tasked to direct [FBI Director J. Edgar] Hoover to do an investigation of Goldwater's staff to find similar evidence of homosexual activity. Mr. Moyers' memo to the FBI was in one of the files."

Old 07-23-2018, 07:49 PM

30,369 posts, read 19,156,062 times
Yes, the tactics of the KKK and today's Leftist are similar...if you don't do and say like we want you to, you will be attacked physically or your means of support stripped from you....I guess it's just a Democrat thing.

Old 07-23-2018, 08:49 PM

5,129 posts, read 2,596,756 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eumaois View Post
Don't let the SJW liberals know about points McGowdog mentioned.
this.

Old 07-23-2018, 09:31 PM

4,627 posts, read 3,394,411 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wutitiz View Post
Disingenuous twisting of semantics. The conservative/liberal spectrum did not apply until the 20th century. Thus it is misleading to refer to the 19th century KKK as either liberal or conservative.

The 20th century Klan-allied politicos such as Robert Byrd were almost all liberal, in the sense of being pro-big government. Robert Byrd was a tax-and-spend pro-pork guy during his Klan days, and remained so after he had to disavow the Klan due to the changing political landscape. Likewise people like Sam Ervin, J. Will. Fulbright, and Allen Ellender. They were all New-Dealers and Great Society supporters--in other words, on the left side of the spectrum.

Disingenuous historical analysis on your part: From the 1930's to the 1960's there was much greater ideological diversity WITHIN the parties. There were lots of CONVERSATIVE Democrats and LIBERAL Republicans.

Just ask yourself who David Duke voted for in 2016? and which Presidential candidate the KKK's official newspaper endorsed in 2016?

Hint: He has Orange hair and displays the linguistic ability of a third grader.

Last edited by Astral_Weeks; 07-23-2018 at 10:05 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies