Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-25-2018, 09:42 AM

13,898 posts, read 6,443,819 times

Advertisements

This thread is funny trying to link Dark Money to R's while Obama had the most Dark Money in campaign history.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-25-2018, 09:49 AM

9,837 posts, read 4,635,682 times
Frankly Republicans like dark money because it is making it easier for right wing oligarchs to buy elections, but they are not buying them for many reasons other that self empowerment and enrichment.

Sure DeVos wants to mash schools and jesus together, but the KOCH agenda should scare the poop out of Trump supporters. Koch family belief is that idle hands do the devils work, they believe Hitler (yes Hitler) had the right ideas on how to run a country. Their dad is the dude who sold the tech and skills to Hitler that allowed him to fuel his war machine.

Koch boys honestly believe that workers are just a resource to used and we have seen the KOCH boys erode employment law for the last 50 years, we have seen them do everything they can to limit the rights of the average working stiff. If you wonder why you have to work hard for very little money and the laws all seem to side with the employer, well research the Koch boys and see what they did to you, me and your pop.

Old 08-09-2018, 08:31 PM

9,329 posts, read 4,141,179 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by t206 View Post
I don't know if "you guys" is directed to me, but my point here was that regardless of party, just know who is behind what you are reading or watching. Also lets not pretend Soros and Tom Steyer aren't already donating tons of money in anti-republican contributions and support. In fact Steyer has spent way more than Soros.
I agree. That was my point: That transparency with this should be an issue for all of us.

By the way, I don't know much about Steyer, but my impression is that, like Soros, he made his money in finance, but is not contribution to public issues, such as environmental issues. In other words, unlike the Koch brothers, he is not using his money to stomp on workers rights and consumer rights to further enrich himself.

Old 08-10-2018, 02:54 AM

7,168 posts, read 5,365,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilcart View Post
.But pharma uses massive amounts of money to ensure both liberals and conservatives won't move against them....
And then the self ruling people by the millions go out and put them leaders right back in power. How's that saying go about insanity? How about you reap what you sow? Stop your crying, the people do not deserve cheap Canadian drugs when you go vote for leaders that don't want to give it too you because their getting their palms greased by big pharma.

Don't forget to vote for the mid terms, your vote is so important on steering the nation
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies