Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-27-2018, 02:46 PM

25,303 posts, read 21,443,353 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZin View Post
Wow. So much anger at a guy who lost billions in a day. Toward a company that lost over a hundred billion.

Facebook has employees. With families. And bills.

Do we no longer care about the American worker or do we only care if they live in red states?
California is now a red state .

Red meaning communist .

People’s Republic of California .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-27-2018, 02:51 PM

79,913 posts, read 44,167,332 times
Quote:
Wow. So much anger at a guy who lost billions in a day. Toward a company that lost over a hundred billion.

Do we no longer care about the American worker or do we only care if they live in red states?
We should care but as I noted earlier.........when you dine with the swine........

Old 07-27-2018, 04:09 PM

16,956 posts, read 16,746,538 times
Did Mr. Z open up a cold can of Pork and Beans yet?

Old 07-27-2018, 04:12 PM

34,278 posts, read 19,358,607 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
and losing more today.
Currently its dropped back down to what it was 4 months ago.

Oh the horror. Shrug.

Old 07-27-2018, 05:43 PM

Quote:

Might of missed it but have there been any layoffs at Facebook ?

Any Facebook workers getting foreclosed in due to this event ?

Unfortunately this is how Wall Street works . It’s one reason why many don’t like investing in Wall Street , and prefer real estate for example where you have more control .

Old 07-27-2018, 05:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
Currently its dropped back down to what it was 4 months ago.

Oh the horror. Shrug.
It’s the nature of stocks / Wall Street .
Like you said anybody that bought long term is still ok .
If you bought at even $100 would still be up 70 percent.

But this is why a lot of people don’t like investing in stocks , it can be a roller coaster .
Exciting when it’s going up but it’s a bit of a gamble .

Old 07-27-2018, 06:01 PM

14,669 posts, read 14,631,326 times
They're mad because he suspended Alex Jones' account lol.

Old 07-27-2018, 06:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by leanmom View Post
Someone else who doesn't understand how to use social media.

All social media has settings which allow you to determine who sees your information and who they can share it with.

I'ts like driving a car and knowing how to use it. If you drive a car and don't know how to use an indicator -- you may end up causing an accident or being in one. That's on you -- that's not on the car...or the car manufacturer.

Moral of story - make sure you know how something operates before you use it. OR - make sure your settings are set to only friends, no sharing and that you only friend folks you really want to share with.

And then go ahead and share your Hawaii pics and let your FB friends enjoy your adventure....knowing safety that they aren't going to break into your house/
Yeah how many people have 1000 plus people on their FB / social media accounts as “friends “ that they don’t really know?

Can you really trust every single person on your Facebook account 100% like you would your close relatives or best friend ?

Old 07-27-2018, 07:11 PM

79,913 posts, read 44,167,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jm1982 View Post
Yeah how many people have 1000 plus people on their FB / social media accounts as “friends “ that they don’t really know?

Can you really trust every single person on your Facebook account 100% like you would your close relatives or best friend ?
Most people don't allow rare occurrences run their lives.

Old 07-27-2018, 07:23 PM

17,077 posts, read 13,356,098 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
Facebook stocks went down after hour due to bad revenues.

Since all the biased handlings of Facebook came to light, I haven’t used Facebook much or only to check a few times. But usage went on my end down by at least 90%.

This morning I checked my ad status again and again my info was shared with unknown people and I had to “hide” another 40 companies/people from Allstate to unknown politicians and companies that I never heard off.

Disgusting to see that Facebook didn’t seem to change anything. Fake promises by Zuckerberg to Congress and we the people!
If you're not using Facebook much and you do not approve of the way the company uses your data, then delete your account and help starve the beast. Here's a link that describes how to do it.

How do I permanently delete my account?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies