Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-31-2018, 06:31 PM

2,924 posts, read 1,586,420 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
None whatsoever. Every successive post proves it.

Those of us who understand what is happening see the crappy hand the millennials have been dealt and how the simplistic little solutions offered here have no bearing on reality.

That said, it's now up to the millennials to get out there and vote for a better future. They are a huge generation. It's in their power to change things for the better. Show up in November and vote!
Both parties in DC are out to lord over us. They don't care about us. If any action comes, it will really have to start and go a long way with US before it reaches those in DC.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-31-2018, 06:32 PM

2,924 posts, read 1,586,420 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamajane View Post
And the grandparents generation had it easier than they did, many only needed one income to raise a family.

So each generation since post WWII had it's problems.. It was huge when mothers went to work in large numbers and daycare became a thing. Many parents felt great guilt about this.

Eventually I assume the government will get involved with childcare.
That's what I'm AFRAID of.

Old 07-31-2018, 07:34 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,694,120 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamajane View Post
You need to compare the amount of affordable properties for sale against the amount of listings not the entire population of homes. If one wants to buy in This location in the lower range, you jump on them as soon as they are listed.
Well, if I counted correctly, subtracting out "pre-foreclosures", lots for sale and a couple of dups, I find 187 houses for sale on this site. Exactly one is the trailer you noted. Again, about 0.5%. 5 of the 187, or 2.6%, are <$200K, and several of those are at $195K.

Old 08-01-2018, 10:33 AM

2,063 posts, read 1,861,178 times
My four millennial kids all want to have children. One already has one. They are worried, however, about the cost of childcare, as they plan to work while parenting.

Some young people change their minds about having children, as they grow older. Sometimes this works out for them; I know a couple who had their first baby at ages 38 (mom) and 41. Sometimes infertility gets in the way. I know of many disappointed 40-somethings.

Old 08-01-2018, 11:00 AM

18,489 posts, read 9,149,606 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MetroWord View Post
Hasn't stopped black people from pumping out kids with no fathers. We are up to 77% and still climbing. I think the black community is shooting for 100%. Pump them out right into poverty.
Welcome to the Republican Party.

Old 08-01-2018, 11:08 AM

15,945 posts, read 12,276,554 times
For me it's simply being able to trust a woman not to branch swing as I'm a pretty boring guy. Social media is starting to turn young women very entitled from all the attention they get from men. It's like an all you can eat buffet for them and they'll always choose interesting/exciting/confident men who are showoffs over the boring "Hank Hill" types like myself.

Also I don't get the "breeders" .. I see a few of them in this thread saying it's selfish to not have kids... what's selfish is wanting to balloon the global population up to 30 billion people. We don't need every couple having 3 kids each to prop up our pyramid scheme social programs.. at some point we'll have to face the fact they are going to go insolvent... if you're any sort of liberal who cares about the environment, you certainly aren't a "breeder" having 5 kids I'd imagine...

Me I'd gladly have 3-4 kids but I feel like my time to do this is gradually slipping away.. not to be pessimistic or anything. I've accepted this possibility. Dating is not logical or rational, thus I'm not good at it and don't particularly enjoy the process. If I retire early enough I'll adopt a couple.

Old 08-01-2018, 11:29 AM

15,859 posts, read 21,427,956 times
The options are affording to live off of one income while raising a child or affording to pay for daycare on two. Many young families, mine included, are finding that neither of those options are viable at a time that we would prefer.

Old 08-01-2018, 11:55 AM

17,291 posts, read 29,391,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stockwiz View Post
For me it's simply being able to trust a woman not to branch swing as I'm a pretty boring guy. Social media is starting to turn young women very entitled from all the attention they get from men. It's like an all you can eat buffet for them and they'll always choose interesting/exciting/confident men who are showoffs over the boring "Hank Hill" types like myself.

Also I don't get the "breeders" .. I see a few of them in this thread saying it's selfish to not have kids... what's selfish is wanting to balloon the global population up to 30 billion people. We don't need every couple having 3 kids each to prop up our pyramid scheme social programs.. at some point we'll have to face the fact they are going to go insolvent... if you're any sort of liberal who cares about the environment, you certainly aren't a "breeder" having 5 kids I'd imagine...

Me I'd gladly have 3-4 kids but I feel like my time to do this is gradually slipping away.. not to be pessimistic or anything. I've accepted this possibility. Dating is not logical or rational, thus I'm not good at it and don't particularly enjoy the process. If I retire early enough I'll adopt a couple.

The population of earth is projected to peak and then begin to fall this century. Enough with the population doomsday scenarios. Most of the growth is also going to take place in the Middle East and Africa, so everywhere else is basically "built out" and will grow only as much as they can or want to have immigration from areas of growth.

As for women, sounds like you're running after a certain class of woman that YOU feel entitled to have, despite not having what that class or type of woman wants. There are plenty of good, nice ladies. Maybe not models, but most men aren't either. Look at yourself critically. Are you a 4 out of 10? Then don't sit around wondering about the 9s and the 8s and the 10s. Realistically go after women who are also 4-6 range.

There's a pot for every lid. Most women want children. Most families with kids want more than one. It's not lack of desire keeping people single or childless.

Old 08-01-2018, 02:37 PM

31,887 posts, read 26,916,776 times
Then you have things like this which make one wonder that you just don't know.

No one can ever be 100% sure of who they marry, and or choose to begin a family with, but instances like this even though statistically rare are enough to put some off I shouldn't wonder.

Queens Man In Midst Of Contentious Custody Battle Killed Child, Ex-Wife, And Current Wife Before Killing Himself: Gothamist
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies