Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-28-2018, 04:30 PM

38,859 posts, read 25,538,911 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
Then why are you posting?
See the thread title.

Look it up, chuck.

Old 07-28-2018, 04:31 PM

1,071 posts, read 1,288,385 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
My definition of an ally is very important to me
It is someone protecting my back who is sharing responsibilities
It is a relationship
A snake eating a frog is not having a relationship
Trump is that snake. He'll try to eat that frog or anything else that he thinks doesn't serve him.

He protects nobody's back except himself (and his auxiliaries of the moment) and, currently, the keeper of the Novichok and the dirt--Putin.

Old 07-28-2018, 04:32 PM

46,281 posts, read 27,099,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
See the thread title.

Look it up, chuck.

Yes, you are trying to link 2015 to the elections....sad, even for you og....

Old 07-28-2018, 04:33 PM

9,329 posts, read 4,142,059 times
Well, Gringo, that's the most interesting news tidbit I've heard in a while.

I've been basically figuring Trump is so hostile to the heads of state of our traditional allies because:

1. He's dumb and insecure and must know, for instance, that someone like Macron is probably not only a more cultured person, but more knowledgeable about politics and history.
2. It's his default negotiating gambit, to throw people off-balance.

So that's a very intriguing point.

Old 07-28-2018, 04:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarallel View Post

I've been basically figuring Trump is so hostile to the heads of state of our traditional allies because:

1. He's dumb and insecure and must know, for instance, that someone like Macron is probably not only a more cultured person, but more knowledgeable about politics and history.

It seems to be the most logical explanation.

a) NATO allies alert the US to tRump's suspicious contacts with Putin's operatives
b) US intel uncovers Putin's cyber attack aimed at electing tRump
c) tRump lashes out in pre-pubescent anger at US intel agencies and our NATO allies, while kissing up to Putin

It connects the dots very directly.

Old 07-28-2018, 04:41 PM

23,559 posts, read 17,227,205 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
We saw Trump's true colors in Helsinki. He is traitor.
more evidence Obama was the traitor. Obama coddled and defended putin, bowed to putin's desires, much to the consternation of euro countries like Poland and Ukraine, Iran and Syria.

Trump has been much tougher on Russia than Obama had, by light years. In fact, no reasonable comparison can be made as Obama had done nothing to compare to Trump's devastating actions taken against Putin and Russia.

To call Trump a traitor based on interpretive words at Helsinki, while ignoring Trumps actions, reveals it is a head in the sand statement and cannot be taken seriously.

So if a dear friend said they loved you but demonstrated actions that proved otherwise, you'd believe the words rather than the actions. Good luck with that!

Trump as a traitor narrative is dead, better get the updated democrat talking point memo rather than appear foolish. charges of traitor are best left for Obama's actions and words. Charging Obama as a traitor has far more credence.

Old 07-28-2018, 04:49 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,420,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mollyblythe View Post
Trump is that snake. He'll try to eat that frog or anything else that he thinks doesn't serve him.

He protects nobody's back except himself (and his auxiliaries of the moment) and, currently, the keeper of the Novichok and the dirt--Putin.
Maybe if NATO and UN paid their own tab they would stop playing Santa Claus with Syria

Old 07-28-2018, 05:00 PM

33,316 posts, read 12,527,813 times
Quote:

I must admit, I clicked on the thread because I thought Old Gringo was going to cite what I bolded in #1 on your list, along with resenting the nature of approval some of those leaders may get .

Old 07-28-2018, 06:03 PM

1,071 posts, read 1,288,385 times
Quote:

Just as Trump is a great big mess criminally, ethically and otherwise, so are his motivations. He is driven by several things right up top. [ Comments from inside Trump's brain.]:
  • Survival- "If I pi$$ off Putin in any way, shape or form, he can and will have me shamed even worse and then killed. Putin doesn't play ."
  • Safety/Security- "If the real Putin info gets out (much worse than any pee tape), I'm going to not just lose position, money and power, I'm going to the big house."
  • Ego- "Stupid allies thought Obama was all that. Instead of welcoming me as the great and powerful Oz--uh, Trump-- that I am, they treat me like I'm a clueless dummy, don't know what I'm saying or doing and nobody likes me. Just like most everybody in the U.S. And STILL they think Obama is all that. He hasn't even been around, but hard as I've tried, I still can't do away with 'goody-goody, everybody loves Obama'. Even Queen Elizabeth wore his damn gift for MY visit!"
  • Innate characterological and behavioral dysfunction- Which all sane people can and do see constantly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kracer View Post
Obama...[insert deflection/denial] Obama ...[insert deflection/denial].
Obama ...[insert deflection/denial]. In fact, Obama ...[insert deflection/denial]. Obama [insert deflection/denial ad nauseum]...

To call Trump a traitor based on interpretive words at Helsinki...Not "interpretive" words, Trump's words.

So if a dear friend said they loved you but demonstrated actions that proved otherwise, you'd believe the words rather than the actions. If the dear friend is Trump [gag, barf, gag], you can bet he will say or do what serves HIM best in the moment. Could change a moment later and will depending on who he's talking to.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kracer View Post
Trump as a traitor narrative is dead...
Only if you live under a rock or other Trumper hideout. Most tuned in (even some Trumpers) saw Trump standing and sitting timidly, passively, submissively and sheepishly next to Putin like the kid in the principal's office. Heard his traitorous words (no matter how you try and try to spin them)and KNOW he is a traitor. All in keeping with his previous kowtowing to Putin. Just more obvious and in your face. No ifs, ands or buts about it. If you're sane and on the side of the U.S.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall Traveler View Post
And your President until 2025
If you're in the federal pen where he is prez of the prisoner's group. And where he and Bernie Madoff like to play Monopoly in the rec room. Trump turns over the board because he always loses.

Last edited by mollyblythe; 07-28-2018 at 06:23 PM..

Old 07-28-2018, 06:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall Traveler View Post
And your President until 2025
Stay tuned for updates on that status.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies