Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-30-2018, 08:57 AM

13,899 posts, read 6,440,051 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post
When did humans become so unstable that almost everyone needs a dog to keep them sane?

And I mean that not in a snarky way. WTH is happening to the general population? How have our lives become so flipping difficult we can't cope without Sparky???

And I don't mean veterans. Service animals are a helpful solution for PTSD.
Two things, mental illness is spreading rapidly throughout the world and todays psychiatric association (run by far leftists) are a freak show themselves who approve everything as a disability.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-30-2018, 09:43 AM

31,848 posts, read 17,595,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chiociolliscalves View Post
Public shaming. If you folks made these people abusing the privilege a public spectacle and made them uncomfortable, some would stop doing it.
And one might violently assault you, as we saw in the case of some lazy idiot parking in a handicapped spot instead of a regular one.

Old 07-30-2018, 10:24 AM

24,392 posts, read 23,044,056 times
I was in a Petsmart years ago when I slipped in something on the floor. Yeah, it was doggy pee. I wiped the sole of my shoe on a nearby dog bed. I often wonder what the dog whose owners bought it for thought about that.
It should be simple enough to have a doctor or psychologist or psychiatrist give you a card saying that your pet is a service animal. Then places can ask you to show the card. No card, your animal stays out.

Old 07-30-2018, 11:06 AM

31,848 posts, read 17,595,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Icy Tea View Post
I was in a Petsmart years ago when I slipped in something on the floor. Yeah, it was doggy pee. I wiped the sole of my shoe on a nearby dog bed. I often wonder what the dog whose owners bought it for thought about that.
It should be simple enough to have a doctor or psychologist or psychiatrist give you a card saying that your pet is a service animal. Then places can ask you to show the card. No card, your animal stays out.
I was in a pet store a few years ago with a buddy of mine and we watched a dog leave quite the steaming pile on the floor at the register next to us. The dog owner looked down and said, 'Ugh!' then she got in line at a different register.

It's unbelievable how lazy and self-centered some people are.

Old 07-30-2018, 11:09 AM

17,003 posts, read 12,583,387 times
Agreed. If you cant leave Fido at home for a few hours dont leave home.

Service animals should be licensed and require the license on the vest. (License is free of course)

Old 07-30-2018, 11:12 AM
miu

17,766 posts, read 40,152,606 times
Quote:
That's disgusting what YOU did. If you are in a pet store, then you should know to expect some occasional dog pee or even poop on the ground. Petsmart and Petco have paper towels and spray bottles of cleanser for cleanup. Yes, the pet owner should have cleaned up after their dog, but you could have asked an employee to clean up the pee and offer you paper towels for your shoe... instead of sullying a brand new dog bed.

Two wrongs don't make a right.

Old 07-30-2018, 11:14 AM

18,323 posts, read 10,648,066 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tickyul View Post
This sound quite horrible and mean.......what about people who NEED to have their
emotional-comfort-animal with them????
Then order from PePod or someone else that delivers.

Old 07-30-2018, 11:14 AM

33,387 posts, read 34,820,716 times
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by ottomobeale View Post
Agreed. If you cant leave Fido at home for a few hours dont leave home.

Service animals should be licensed and require the license on the vest. (License is free of course)

both of these ideas violate the ADA. if you want these things, then talk to your congressman and have them change the law. dont get me wrong though, i agree that service animals need to be licensed to avoid conflicts, but until the ADA is amended to make such a change, then it is illegal to force licensing for service animals.

Old 07-30-2018, 11:16 AM

18,323 posts, read 10,648,066 times
Quote:
LOL, you're the type to go to a "chucky cheese" and complain about to many kids.

Old 07-30-2018, 11:28 AM

16,376 posts, read 22,473,858 times
Quote:
It should be simple enough to have a doctor or psychologist or psychiatrist give you a card saying that your pet is a service animal.
Surely it will be more stringent IF a new Service Animal registration is ever enacted. A service animal is trained to perform one or more tasks for a disabled person. I suppose there will be a need to prove that the dog is able to perform such tasks for the disabled person. I doubt a doctor or psychologist would be involved in testing the dog's training.

There's the administrative part of confirming and tracking the service dogs training and then the admin part of administration the licenses or whatever is given as proof. This would be a taxpayer cost most likely and would require nationwide testing facilities and a nationwide computer tracking system.

The biggest issue is the burden this placed on disabled people. They would need to have their animals tested and it could be a burden for them to get the dog to the testing facility and it could be a burden for them to pay for the testing and licensing. Likely alternatives would be given such as home visits.

Last edited by sware2cod; 07-30-2018 at 11:40 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies