Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-12-2018, 06:05 AM

2,180 posts, read 635,419 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
I disagree with this. Yes, Whites have always been in the majority, and this is something I've accepted. However, as far as accepting others, I am going to bring up history. I think about Jim Crow segregation, sundown laws prohibiting Blacks from living in certain cities. I am thinking about the expulsion of Chinese from certain towns in the western USA during the late 19th century/early 20th century. I think about the internment of Japanese-Americans during WWII. There has always been prejudice towards minorities, especially Blacks. I don't think I would call that acceptance.

Now we have certain degrees of acceptance. However, history shows that this acceptance of difference skin colors and ethnicities has only been recent, and even now we still have alot of prejudice in America.

And yet the US and Europe are today more accepting of "others," even with all of the historic problems and the fact that things aren't "perfect."

The insufferable "whiteness" and "white supremacy" of the US, Canada, Europe, etc. somehow manages to be the most free and open societies in the world, with minority populations that are far more empowered and equal than minority populations in "non-white-majority" countries.

Indeed, the very idea of these social justice concepts sprang forth FROM the white western world, which has perfected self-critique to the utter glee of those who take advantage of that penchant.

Meanwhile "black and brown" countries are absolutely horrid to minority populations in their midst, with very few exceptions. Maybe "whiteness" isn't the boogeyman problem that POC like to think it is.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-12-2018, 10:16 AM

7,302 posts, read 3,376,078 times
The NYT is a communism propaganda rag.

Anything they print is most accurately viewed through that lens.

See their recent "Red Century" communism apologetics series.

See their promotion of every manner of cultural Marxism, to include their vicious anti-White racism.

Old 11-12-2018, 10:20 AM

13,562 posts, read 10,296,531 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texan2yankee View Post
"whiteness" is the majority in this country and has been the majority in the US since its inception. white people accepted other people, other skin colors, religions, ethnicities, etc. entrance into this country.

It is amazing and disgusting how the majority has been villainized for their magnanimous gestures.
Don't be spraining your wrist patting yourself on the back and congratulating yourselves.

Folks of my ethnicity were "welcomed" with the 1882 Chinese Exclusion Act.

Old 11-12-2018, 10:27 AM

68,292 posts, read 54,124,717 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MUTGR View Post
You'll get banned posting the truth.

You're confusing truth with unsupported by fact opinion.

Old 11-12-2018, 10:28 AM

68,292 posts, read 54,124,717 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by golgi1 View Post
The NYT is a communism propaganda rag.

Anything they print is most accurately viewed through that lens.

See their recent "Red Century" communism apologetics series.

See their promotion of every manner of cultural Marxism, to include their vicious anti-White racism.

Isn't that an InfoWars jingle?

Old 11-12-2018, 10:30 AM

72,846 posts, read 62,249,253 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by silverkris View Post
Don't be spraining your wrist patting yourself on the back and congratulating yourselves.

Folks of my ethnicity were "welcomed" with the 1882 Chinese Exclusion Act.
I see this, and I add more:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/San_Fr...o_riot_of_1877

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pacifi..._riots_of_1907

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Seattle_riot_of_1886

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tacoma_riot_of_1885

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chinese_Massacre_Cove

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chinese_massacre_of_1871

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rock_Springs_massacre

Old 11-12-2018, 11:05 AM

13,562 posts, read 10,296,531 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AHenriques1147 View Post
And yet the US and Europe are today more accepting of "others," even with all of the historic problems and the fact that things aren't "perfect."

The insufferable "whiteness" and "white supremacy" of the US, Canada, Europe, etc. somehow manages to be the most free and open societies in the world, with minority populations that are far more empowered and equal than minority populations in "non-white-majority" countries.

Indeed, the very idea of these social justice concepts sprang forth FROM the white western world, which has perfected self-critique to the utter glee of those who take advantage of that penchant.

Meanwhile "black and brown" countries are absolutely horrid to minority populations in their midst, with very few exceptions. Maybe "whiteness" isn't the boogeyman problem that POC like to think it is.

Rights for people in these "free and open societies" excluded from full participation weren't exactly given out like popcorn or bestowed - they had to be fought for, against opposition by entrenched interests who were fine with keeping the old way. As they say, power concedes nothing without a demand.

So you, too, don't need to sprain your wrist patting yourself on the back.

Old 11-12-2018, 11:14 AM

19,966 posts, read 7,820,035 times
Why should Americans accept identity groups and foreigners who don't accept them? The non-white minorities and immigrants, act as counter voters and counter culture, and are taking things that could go to Americans.. What are they doing for Americans? China for instance is a communist, enemy country that lies and steals from America right under our noses.

Americans don't owe anything to diversity. What about what diversity should do for Americans? What is diversity doing for Americans? Nothing positive and just being oppositional.

Old 11-12-2018, 11:16 AM

10,098 posts, read 4,052,360 times
There is nothing wrong with being white, or predominately white places. The people that say you are less-human than non-whites (which is exactly their implication) are the true evil people.

Old 11-12-2018, 11:18 AM

10,098 posts, read 4,052,360 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AHenriques1147 View Post

Well said. Absolutely true.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies