Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-31-2008, 04:50 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,108,083 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
You might want to look at this as a balance article: Rove/Republicans Take Down Don Seigelman : Public Address | System (http://www.publicaddress.net/system/topic,969,roverepublicans_take_down_don_seigelman. sm - broken link)

It was aired on 60 Minutes. The republican party prosecuted Don Siegelman, ex-governor of Louisianna. It's quite questionable. 55 former Attorney's General from both parties asked a higher court to review this. Rove was behind it.
A Republican [lawyer] in Alabama says Karl Rove asked her to try to prove the state's Democratic governor was unfaithful to his wife in an effort to thwart the highly successful politician's re-election," CBS's Scott Pelley reports for 60 Minutes. "Rove's attempt to smear Don Siegelman was part of a Republican campaign to ruin him that finally succeeded in imprisoning him, says the operative, Jill Simpson."

Ohh no.. Republicans asked someone to try to PROVE someone was unfaithful.. shocking.. and I'm not talking about the unfaithful part.. I'm talking about the need to PROVE something..

He's in prison? For what? I'm sure it wasnt for being unfaithful...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-31-2008, 04:52 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,108,083 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fishmonger View Post
Response to quest

If they were all Republicans that would be fun for me. But unfortunately they aren't. Likewise, if they were all Democrats that would be fun for you. But unfortunately for you, they aren't. So I guess we're equally half-fortuned, with the additional misfortune of some politicians being crooked so that maybe we're equally misfortunate in regards to the current topic, although undoubtably our fortunes have not been equal on all other issues, as that would be impossible.

Actually, I might be even more misfortunate if they were all Republicans, as that would increase my chances of being represented by corrupt Congressmen and Senators, seeing as how I live in Louisiana, I mean Alabama.
While yes you have a point, I'd prefer it was neither. Personally I would like to hold onto the mis-conception that politicians should be credible, and not willing to take bribes. Unfortunately, all one has to do is look at the income of those in Congress to realise that someone, somewhere, is bribing someone, and yes, thats going on with both political parties.

Old 04-01-2008, 01:38 AM

1,845 posts, read 4,228,990 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
You might want to look at this as a balance article: Rove/Republicans Take Down Don Seigelman : Public Address | System (http://www.publicaddress.net/system/topic,969,roverepublicans_take_down_don_seigelman. sm - broken link)

It was aired on 60 Minutes. The republican party prosecuted Don Siegelman, ex-governor of Louisianna. It's quite questionable. 55 former Attorney's General from both parties asked a higher court to review this. Rove was behind it.
Chielgirl

I heard this a few weeks ago. It is hearsay within hearsay about something that is not even a crime.

Old 04-01-2008, 02:29 AM

24,620 posts, read 28,282,339 times
You might want to read a bit more. He was released this week; and it looks like the case will be thrown out.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies