Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-29-2018, 08:45 PM

34,037 posts, read 17,056,322 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by flamadiddle View Post
lol, I'm looking forward to Trump winning reelection just because I know it will drive the Left absolutely insane!
and before then, I am looking forward to the day Ginsberg can no longer remain a SC justice, for the same reason.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-29-2018, 08:58 PM

21,096 posts, read 19,703,590 times
Probably not a good idea to call it a mental disorder. Could be used by a sleazy lawyer as a defense for a political terrorist, assasin, etc.

Old 07-29-2018, 11:04 PM

32,060 posts, read 15,055,077 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by flamadiddle View Post
lol, I'm looking forward to Trump winning reelection just because I know it will drive the Left absolutely insane!
He won’t win again. He won some states by only a percentage point. He’s a loose cannon and I bet he won’t win these states next time.

Old 07-29-2018, 11:25 PM

2,656 posts, read 1,374,760 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
I like Trump and I plan on voting for him again in 2020 and I have anxiety.

I am very nervous about the approaching storm that is going to hit America when the Dems take over.

Trump and the GOP have enough problems but the Dems and their ridiculous ideas and the violence we see from them when they don't get their way are downright dangerous.

There are so many Dems that believe everything they see from the negative propaganda machines from the Lefty media. These people have become brainwashed to the point that they are entering restaurants and going to peoples houses to cause a scene and somehow shame them for having anything to do with Trump
These people have an extreme hatred of Trump and in some ways America and that is scary if they carry that ire into the WH.
What about right wing violence? It comes from both fringes. Remember Dylan Roof, Charlottesville, the assassination attempt against the Congresswoman from Arizona, the assassination of MLK, etc.etc.

Old 07-29-2018, 11:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 01Snake View Post
Might not have anything to do with you and your fellow nutters being crazy huh? Unstable would be you folks acting like the world is going to end everyday.

Quick. Go find an article to post to explain it to us.
Which I am sure you would read with an open mind in order to help ensure that you have an understanding of all perspectives. After all, with the country evenly split with a Democratic majority of a few million both sides are going to be right on certain issues and wrong on others. Both sides are dedicated to moral values they hold dear.

Old 07-29-2018, 11:31 PM

11,119 posts, read 5,587,588 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeutralParty View Post
As Mueller continues to plug away and build a case against Trump, it definitely makes sense that many Trump supporters are dealing with anxiety lately...

The next year or so is going to be very difficult for Trump supporters.

I'm afraid that his supporters are going to make things more difficult for us all. But here's something a bit more pleasant to contemplate: One year from now, how many will admit to have ever been a Trump supporter? How many will change their user-names on this forum?

Old 07-29-2018, 11:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
LOL.

You just described Obama. I strongly disliked Obama but I got on with my life. In other words, I didn't allow him to live in my head 24/7. We, who didn't vote for him, survived those 8 years.

I'm sorry that you are unable to not allow Trump to live in your head and have trouble getting through your daily life.
No comparison between Trump and Obama. Obama was never a threat to our democracy, and wasn't elected with Russian meddling that he was either implicit in or extremely tolerant of. He also was not nearly as tawdry as Trump. The Obama's are actually a classy family.

Old 07-29-2018, 11:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdlr View Post
No anxiety here! Looking forward to an even better economy, then looking forward to the mid-term elections. I'm enjoying the ride and watching our smart President fix all that previous presidents screwed up. It takes a good business man to straighten out this mess, and President Trump is a master at his job! Some people just can't stand it because he's so successful! That's why there's all this name calling, insulting remarks and grumbling. They'd rather see America go down the tube than admit he's improving everything! O.K......here come some more grumblers.......
Straights out what mess...the economy was already in good shape...at least by the same metrics that Trump is using to tout his economic successes.

Old 07-29-2018, 11:42 PM

5,790 posts, read 3,598,050 times
Back at you:

http://www.city-data.com/forum/polit...riorating.html

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DfnV4B7Fk7Y

Old 07-29-2018, 11:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
Their "disorder, is NO being able to accept REALITY, Hillary LOST and Trump WON. PERIOD!

It is a result of the "everybody gets a trophy", No A,B, C , D, E grades in school. Nobody fails a grade. etc., etc., etc.

They have been spoiled, coddled and ALWAYS get their way and now can't handle NOT getting their way.
This has nothing to do with it. We generally do get our way because the progressive way is generally the best path forward...on workers rights, civil rights, etc.
The opposition to Trump is in rooted in principle and legitimate fears. It isn't hard to go online and find these expressed in very articulate fashion straight from the horse's mouth...by liberals...which is always vastly superior to trying to guess it relying on conservative portrayals of why liberals feel and think the way they do. You wouldn't exclusively turn to Bill Mahrer or Conan O'Brian or your liberal friends, or even the people around you if you lived in a 99 per cent liberal area, for an understanding of what makes conservatives tick, would you? That sounds silly, doesn't it? Yet it sounds as if something similar to that is precisely what sone of you have done in order to develop an understanding of the liberal perspective.
Your opposition to Obama wasn't just rooted in being a butt hurt conservative snowflake who couldn't stop whining because you couldn't accept losing and didn't know where your participation trophy was, was it? Didn't that sound pretty sophomoric? Yep. You had solid principles you believed in. They may not have been the same as mine...but you had them. I can accept that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies