Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-30-2018, 07:38 PM

48,515 posts, read 34,800,001 times

Advertisements

I've watched him being interviewed a few times, and I'm embarrassed for him. Was he always so..... out there? I just remember him from 9-11 and he seemed normal then.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-30-2018, 07:42 PM

18,557 posts, read 7,361,047 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by leoliu View Post
He seems to have lost his sharpness and authenticity, but fun to watch him self-contradicting or contradicting with common senses now and then during his TV interviews. Also, he is a short guy but he likes to curve up his body to look like a ball rolling back and forth in the fat couch he was seated in. that was cute, and I meant it in a good way...

President Donald Trump's lawyer, Rudy Giuliani, said Monday that he's not sure collusion with Russia would be considered a crime.
https://www.cnn.com/2018/07/30/polit...ntv/index.html
Obviously, collusion isn't a crime, but Giuliani is a clown and probably much worse.

Old 07-30-2018, 07:53 PM

16,028 posts, read 6,828,406 times
C'mon folks . Have you never heard of the Distraction principle. Call it funny,entertaining etc... I call it pure genius.

Words like punning ,obfuscation,circumlocution come to mind.

Quote of the day: If you can't dazzle them with brilliance, baffle them with bullsh**t.
W.C. Fields

Old 07-30-2018, 07:56 PM

48,515 posts, read 34,800,001 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Retired View Post
C'mon folks . Have you never heard of the Distraction principle. Call it funny,entertaining etc... I call it pure genius.

Words like punning ,obfuscation,circumlocution come to mind.

Quote of the day: If you can't dazzle them with brilliance, baffle them with bullsh**t.
W.C. Fields

It's genius because it does appear to work on a segment of the population.

For the life of me, I cannot understand why, but it does.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 07-30-2018, 08:48 PM

38,859 posts, read 25,519,507 times
Cool Giuliani acts more like a comedian than a politician nowadays...

He's very entertaining.

Old 07-30-2018, 09:08 PM

5,065 posts, read 2,273,592 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MMS02760 View Post
I have thought his mind has been failing for the last two years. Have to wonder if he has early onset dementia or Alzheimer's Disease.
Yeah, me too. He seems like a completely different person than he was when he was mayor.

Old 07-31-2018, 02:16 AM

8,924 posts, read 5,621,220 times
I am beginning to think tRump hired him as an entertainer. Rudy is an obnoxious person and acts more like a comedian than a lawyer. I pay little attention to anything he has to say.

Old 07-31-2018, 02:30 AM

11,120 posts, read 5,582,785 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MMS02760 View Post
I have thought his mind has been failing for the last two years. Have to wonder if he has early onset dementia or Alzheimer's Disease.
Giuliani is useful to Trump, to put someone in the public eye who is crazier and more irrational than he is. If he was around in the Middle Ages, he would have been a court jester, playing a fool, for the amusement of the king.

Old 07-31-2018, 04:06 AM

51,651 posts, read 25,785,636 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve McDonald View Post
Giuliani is useful to Trump, to put someone in the public eye who is crazier and more irrational than he is. ...
That and to break the bad news to Trump's base.

After Trump's constant claims that he knew nothing about the payments to Stormy Daniels, just before it was confirmed as a lie, Giuliani was out there yammering on about how of course he knew.

Now, he's easing Trump's base into the truth about Trump knowing about Don Jr.'s Russian meeting.

The rest of us have all known from the minute we heard about it that Trump knew. No way would Don Jr. do something like this without running it by dear old Dad. Kushner and Manafort maybe. But not Don Jr.

Cohen is cooperating and spilling the beans, so Giuliani is rushing out to get ahead of the narrative.

Old 07-31-2018, 04:08 AM

51,651 posts, read 25,785,636 times
Giuliani just looks and acts so darn odd.

However, that's the case for a lot of Trump's public supporters.

If I click on a station with a panel of pundits, I can usually pick out the Trump defender before I ever turn on the sound.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies