Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-31-2018, 11:32 AM

10,726 posts, read 4,334,730 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by take57 View Post
That's a substantial wager that a 73 year old man who failed to capture the popular vote will capture lightning in a bottle twice. Not one I would take considering the risk of dying in prison.
Even Maxine Waters said Trump will win 2020 because of the economy.
Plus I don't see what the popular vote has to do with winning the election....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-31-2018, 11:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEPLimey View Post
I'm asking you what you think about whether pardoning Manafort would be a good thing.
I'm not Manafort, so it has no impact on me.

Old 07-31-2018, 11:33 AM

7,822 posts, read 4,561,223 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna-501 View Post
Prosecutors advise witnesses in Manafort trial: Avoid the T-word
Veteran criminal defense attorney Shanlon Wu, who is also not associated with the Manafort defense team, tells ABC that in his opinion the government’s strategy is more focused at this point on avoiding any do-overs.

"Mueller’s team is trying to keep it pristine with the judge. They are more worried about protecting the trial from having a mistrial or having it overturned on appeal than provoking a hold-out person over Trump," Wu theorized.

The Mueller team laid out tight restrictions for witnesses in recent days, according to two sources familiar with those conversations. Witnesses have been told to avoid any mention of President Trump or anything related to his 2016 campaign.
https://www.yahoo.com/gma/prosecutor...opstories.html
Good straegy. Let us not forget, Mueller was the guy who took down Enron. Probably no person on the planet better suited for getting a conviction in this case.

Old 07-31-2018, 11:34 AM

9,254 posts, read 3,582,768 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by magaalot View Post
I'm not Manafort, so it has no impact on me.
You brought up pardoning Manafort. I'm asking you if you think it would be good or bad thing.

Old 07-31-2018, 11:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
I don't think we need to keep saying "former Trump campaign manager." We all know who he is. Besides, he was only the campaign manager for a very short period of time.
Until Manafort removes that gig from his resume I'll stick with it, thank you very much.

Old 07-31-2018, 11:36 AM

Quote:
You brought up pardoning Manafort. I'm asking you if you think it would be good or bad thing.
I have no way of knowing if Manafort has any information that would hurt Trump if flipped, so I have no clue whether pardoning is worthwhile or not.
Trump would know whether its worthwhile or not.
If Manafort is a non-factor then its not worthwhile.

Old 07-31-2018, 11:39 AM

5,051 posts, read 3,577,041 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by take57 View Post
I'm laying odds that this doesn' t go for over three weeks before it dawns on Manafort and his team that he'll be living out his days in Federal prison unless he flips on Trump. Take it to the bank.

He might flip and Trump is about as unreliable as a friend can be but you can bet an end of term pardon has already been discussed.

Old 07-31-2018, 11:41 AM

9,254 posts, read 3,582,768 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by magaalot View Post
I have no way of knowing if Manafort has any information that would hurt Trump if flipped, so I have no clue whether pardoning is worthwhile or not.
Trump would know whether its worthwhile or not.
If Manafort is a non-factor then its not worthwhile.
So it would be a good thing if Trump pardoned Manafort to avoid any information damaging to Trump from being revealed to Mueller?

Old 07-31-2018, 11:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vacanegro View Post
He might flip and Trump is about as unreliable as a friend can be but you can bet an end of term pardon has already been discussed.
Absolutely. But that comes with a lot of "if's" when you're looking at spending the rest of your life behind bars.

Additionally, should Trump not make it to the end of his term for whatever reason can Manafort count on Pence to bail him out? It would have to be Trump's final act in order for it to play out for Manafort.

Last edited by take57; 07-31-2018 at 11:50 AM..

Old 07-31-2018, 11:49 AM

Quote:
So it would be a good thing if Trump pardoned Manafort to avoid any information damaging to Trump from being revealed to Mueller?
Yes it would be the most important pardon of all.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies