Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-05-2018, 06:41 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,193,725 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocko20 View Post
It's admirable that Lebron James would build a school, even if the cost was pennies for him.

But sadly, if the election of the first black POTUS for 8 years didn't change anything among my community then 1 school won't.
Your community?

You right wingers worship the wealthy. Why are you drawing the line with Lebron?

BTW...how do YOU know what Obama’s presidency did for black folks? You hated him and didn’t vote for him anyway.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PilgrimsProgress View Post
Laura Ingraham adopted three Guatamalan kids
So. And? There aren’t American children to adopt?
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerGeek40 View Post
I don't agree with Lebron's politics, but he deserves credit on this one.
You don’t know his politics. I don’t either.

This is about his school.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
Who cares about Lebron and what he says....and if you have an issue with Laura then don't listen to her. Same counts to both, you don't have to listen to either one of them.

Lebron is getting a nice tax deduction for what he does and great that he does something with his money.

Actually I respect more what Laura says than Lebron as Laura has a better education and more experience than an athlete.
Laura Ingraham doesn’t take tax deductions?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimj View Post
We'll see how it actually turns out. Credit for building a school building certainly but past that? Let's see what happens if/when it's built.
In other words, let’s hope that it fails. Lol
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-05-2018, 06:47 PM

20,868 posts, read 23,550,845 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
These guys are damned if they do and damned if they don't. All football season people were posting that Kaepernick should put his money where his mouth is and give to his community - even though he does just that.

Now that Lebron does what people expected Kaepernick to do, they're finding fault with it.

Zero objectivity.

Anyone who remotely says anything bad about Trump gets the same treatment. Haven't you realized that yet. Trump supporters are the biggest hypocrites and snowflakes in world history.

Old 08-06-2018, 02:33 AM

56,988 posts, read 35,193,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trlhiker View Post
Anyone who remotely says anything bad about Trump gets the same treatment. Haven't you realized that yet. Trump supporters are the biggest hypocrites and snowflakes in world history.
Bingo.

Old 08-06-2018, 07:28 AM

22,974 posts, read 27,011,790 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayland Woman View Post
It's already built and started taking in students. Take a minute to click the link to see it. It's a big deal with many programs designed to help at risk kids and their parents. Do you have the same negative, wait-and-see reaction with Betsy DeVos opens up one of her faith-based charter schools?

https://www.sbnation.com/2018/7/31/1...mise-different
I have that attitude with most everything that's billed to be the greatest thing since sliced bread, don't you?
Or, do you believe the (generally) B.S. marketing right from the gate? It's NOT negative, it's called being realistic...

Old 08-06-2018, 07:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Your community?

You right wingers worship the wealthy. Why are you drawing the line with Lebron?

BTW...how do YOU know what Obama’s presidency did for black folks? You hated him and didn’t vote for him anyway.

So. And? There aren’t American children to adopt?

You don’t know his politics. I don’t either.

This is about his school.

Laura Ingraham doesn’t take tax deductions?

In other words, let’s hope that it fails. Lol
Yeah,yeah, yeah, we know, it's raaaaacist... As I said before, it's NOT anything other than being realistic. Just because it's built and just opened means nothing, let's wait and see if it succeeds.

Where I live right now there's been some schools built that were billed as the best thing for educating kids, promised the moon and in a short time they went bankrupt due to fraud, mismanagement etc. and then closed without notice to the families or staff, just a letter on the door.

So yeah, wait and see...

Old 08-06-2018, 09:32 AM

20,868 posts, read 23,550,845 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimj View Post
I have that attitude with most everything that's billed to be the greatest thing since sliced bread, don't you?
Or, do you believe the (generally) B.S. marketing right from the gate? It's NOT negative, it's called being realistic...
Did that include Trump U?

Old 08-06-2018, 09:42 AM

16,352 posts, read 8,094,094 times
Quote:
I think he has a B.S. degree from Trump U.

Old 08-06-2018, 10:42 AM

Quote:
Does what include Trump U? Being realistic? Of course...

Old 08-06-2018, 10:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by r small View Post
I think he has a B.S. degree from Trump U.
You don't want to know what I think about "U" r small...

Old 08-06-2018, 10:59 AM

937 posts, read 927,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall Traveler View Post
He's a divisive uneducated idiot but sounds like he might be at least trying to do something positive....I applaud this effort, let's see if it actually helps anyone but LJ's image.

whatever he gives, he'll probably get back 3 fold in endorsements so also a good wealth move.
^ Ladies and gentlemen, exhibit A of Diploma deflation.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies