Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-02-2018, 05:12 PM

51,651 posts, read 25,813,568 times

Advertisements

https://twitter.com/GeorgeTakei/stat...56115802865665

Old 08-02-2018, 05:15 PM

22,471 posts, read 11,995,014 times

Like you never bring up Trump in a thread about Obama

Old 08-02-2018, 05:17 PM

10,232 posts, read 6,317,831 times
Seriously, people, this just a trivial minor distraction taking away from far greater issues going on this country. Although the message behind the Tweet is about Government Issued ID for all CITIZENS. Papers, Citizen, everywhere you go? No, No, NO.

Old 08-02-2018, 05:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundaydrive00 View Post
I've never seen a DL that lists next of kin.

I never said any such thing.

Why do you keep twisting my words?

Let me explain to you --- By finding your name, they can find out where you live. If you live alone, they may have to get into your home and look around to find who your next of kin are. Got it now?

That did happen to a young couple in my area some years back. Both were killed in a car accident. Nothing in their wallets listed next of kin. The police had to enter their home to find that info.

See how it works?

Old 08-02-2018, 05:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxus View Post
In the state of Florida, the name and address is on the registration, so not understanding your point about ID theft by way of the DL, they can get the info from the registration. Also, this is not the 1990's any more, ID theft rarely comes by way of physical media, it comes from hacks into electronic databases.

If I did have a house with a garage door, I would simply reprogram the garage door so the opener will not open it, takes a minute to do. But at that, there are still doors that separate the garage and house?
You stated your case more than once.

You aren't concerned about putting yourself in a position where you risk ID theft happening to you. That's your decision. No need to explain it over and over again. No need to get defensive.

Time to move on. I will, too, when it comes to this subtopic (keeping your DL in your car).

Old 08-02-2018, 05:51 PM

10,800 posts, read 3,593,128 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
It didn't bother you when Obama babbled incoherently. You know, when he said there were 57 states. Or when his teleprompter malfunctioned and he became a stammering mess. It's obvious that you hold double standards.
Attention deficit kicking in?

Obama is not the subject. The subject is Trump and his ludicrous statement that Trumpeteers are trying to justify.

Old 08-02-2018, 05:55 PM

30,253 posts, read 23,733,496 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdog View Post
Thanks, but like I said, show me a place that requires ID when you're paying CASH. Your PM said "tell them you're paying with credit card." That wasn't the deal.

Many, many places require ID for Credit Card usage, this is nothing new. But Trump didn't say that you need ID to use a credit card, he said to buy groceries. So you are putting words in his mouth to suit your spin. This is SOP with you guys. You always gotta add qualifiers to what he says, change a word here or there, etc, so that he doesn't appear as insane as he actually is.

Doesn't it bother you that the leader of the free world babbles on so incoherently? Don't you think that's awfully dangerous? It's a meme, but it's so true...

"I meant DON'T launch the missles!"
Who carries cash these days? Even the people who are claiming that they never get asked for photo ID are all saying that they pay with a card.

Again, I use my debit card, which is like plastic cash, the only difference is that I didn't take it out of the bank to hand to the teller in paper form, they got it in plastic form.

As I replied to you in the message, it wasn't about "if you pay in cash", it was "no one needs to produce a photo ID to buy groceries". The fact is, there are stores out there that will ask for your photo ID when you use a card be it credit card or debit card. So, yes, you can get asked for photo ID when getting groceries.

As for your last paragraph, as I also stated in an earlier thread: The left is playing their typical semantics game and pretending not to understand the point, which was laid out very clearly by another poster. And then, when someone on the left says something incredibly stupid, the left will drop the semantics game and tell everyone, "You know what he meant".

This is just another pathetic thread for the liberals to get themselves into a tizzy over a non issue.

Voter ID is a very good idea, but the left doesn't want that, not for the reasons that they claim, because that would be racist to insist that black people can't get a photo ID, (that has most certainly been said on this forum multiple times) it's because the left doesn't want people to know that people who shouldn't be voting ARE voting. They don't care, to them the ends justify the means.

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxus View Post
In the state of Florida, the name and address is on the registration, so not understanding your point about ID theft by way of the DL, they can get the info from the registration. Also, this is not the 1990's any more, ID theft rarely comes by way of physical media, it comes from hacks into electronic databases.

If I did have a house with a garage door, I would simply reprogram the garage door so the opener will not open it, takes a minute to do. But at that, there are still doors that separate the garage and house?
When I was about 21, I had a co-worker who wanted to be able to get into bars even though she was underage by a year. So she and a friend of hers devised a plan. My co-worker, BarFly, we'll call her, got a school ID from a friend of hers. She then proceeded to get a photo of herself, match it to the size of the photo on the school ID, ensured it looked the same as far as background and how much of her face/head was in the photo, and then got a laminating machine and re-laminated the school ID. It had her friends information on it and BarFLy's photo.

Fast forward a few days, Barfly, myself, and the friend all went to the DMV. I went because out of sheer curiosity, and yes, I'll admit, it never even crossed my mind to rat her out. I didn't even think it would succeed. Anyway, the friend and I waited outside while BarFly went into the DMV with her new fake school ID that was supposedly "old" (oh yeah, I just remembered the part where she was scuffing it up on the floor of the store we worked in to make it appear older and used), AND her friend's birth certificate.

After awhile, she came out with her brand new ID that stated she was over 21. It was a "valid" ID as in, it was given to her by the DMV of the state of Washington. She proceeded to use it to get into the clubs and bars before she was 21. She fooled the DMV.

The point of telling you that is that you never know what someone can do with very little from you. You may not think that way, but other people do, and they will find a way to create a fake persona with very little information from you. Don't leave your ID in your car.

Don't take my word for it. Please don't be naive, and protect yourself:

https://www.idtheftcenter.org/can-so...ivers-license/
Quote:
The thing you need to keep in mind is that the only piece of information that is needed is your DL# or state ID#. Your name, address, DOB etc. is not needed to steal your identity.
A thief can write checks using your DL number.

A thief can pose as you, cause crime, and you, later on not knowing that any of this happened, can be arrested until you prove that you were the victim of identity theft. They can ruin your credit. They can ruin prospects for jobs based on background checks and their criminal activity...and that can all happen with JUST your driver's license.

C'mon people...protect your information.

Old 08-02-2018, 05:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by normstad View Post
Attention deficit kicking in?

Obama is not the subject. The subject is Trump and his ludicrous statement that Trumpeteers are trying to justify.

Where does it say that Obama can't be mentioned? Where does it say that Obama can't be compared to Trump?

You won't be able to point to any such thing. Sorry (not really) that bringing up Obama's failings upsets you so much

Old 08-02-2018, 06:17 PM

12,601 posts, read 7,225,728 times
Quote:
Where does it say that Obama can't be mentioned? Where does it say that Obama can't be compared to Trump?

You won't be able to point to any such thing. Sorry (not really) that bringing up Obama's failings upsets you so much
O.D.S. in full effect.

Old 08-02-2018, 06:22 PM

17,156 posts, read 12,960,371 times
Quote:

Absolutely, compare Obama to Trump if you want. Obama is the guy you tell your children to emulate. Trump is the guy you warn your children to avoid.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies