Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-03-2018, 07:47 AM

51,651 posts, read 25,790,245 times

Advertisements

Young relative is in his early thirties. He still doesn't have a driver's license.

He didn't want to drive when he was in high school. Went to college and found employment in Boston, all without driving.

At first, I think it was an expression of individuality. Now, he just doesn't need it.

He has an amazing career. When asked at holiday gatherings why he never got a car and a license, he says he couldn't afford a car until a few years ago and now doesn't want to spend the time. He has other things he wants to do with his time and money besides keeping a car.

Next time I see him, I'll have to ask him how he buys groceries without a DL.

Old 08-03-2018, 07:47 AM

36,499 posts, read 30,827,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbo302 View Post
Trump constantly misspeaks, how is this suprising?

The point, that sometimes ID is needed at the grocery store, is correct. So whats the argument?
Exactly. Best post award.

Old 08-03-2018, 07:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
No one on this thread claimed you did. The argument is yes sometimes one is asked for a photo ID in groceries stores when purchasing restricted items or paying with a card or check. Please stop saying this never occurs or that a photo ID is not required for alcohol purchases. Just because you or other posters have never been asked for ID does not mean other posters haven't. No one believes people must show ID as a rule for purchasing normal food items.

If you dont want to discuss the carrying of ID, stop responding to the comments.
You need a photo ID to buy groceries?

That's the topic of this thread.

Trump stated you needed a picture ID to buy groceries. This is a lie. You do not. All sorts of people buy groceries all the time without showing a photo ID.

Then the posts wandered off into needing to show an ID to buy spray paint, booze, and one thing and another, including carrying a DL in glove compartment. Which you pointed out was a poor idea, what with making police officers "twitchy" and all. Though how one is supposed to get their insurance and registration documents without reaching into the glove compartment remains somewhat of a mystery.

Then you post that I should stop responding to comments if I don't want to discuss carrying an ID. Which, by the way, is not the topic of this thread.

So I have a question. I know it is off-topic, but what the hell, we left that goal in the dust some time ago.

Why is it that Trump supporters on this forum regularly encourage others to quit posting?

Old 08-03-2018, 08:02 AM

79,913 posts, read 44,167,332 times
Quote:

The point, that sometimes ID is needed at the grocery store, is correct. So whats the argument?
The argument is he is out of touch. Bush 41 being out of touch at a grocery store hurt him. This could have been a winner for the left.

"Trump obviously has no idea what it is to go to a grocery store. Trump is advocating for tax cuts that overwhelmingly only help those like himself that doesn't know what it is like for someone working two low paying jobs trying to make ends meet".

It could be a real winner BUT all I hear still is "Russia, Russia, Russia".

I want an alternative to Trump but unfortunately the (D)'s don't seem willing to present one.

Old 08-03-2018, 08:03 AM

90,297 posts, read 120,694,120 times
@GotHere-If you consider cooking wine a grocery, I have had to produce a picture ID to buy it. The clerk could not continue ringing up my groceries without it. But that's the only foodstuff I've been carded for buying.

Last edited by Katarina Witt; 08-03-2018 at 08:12 AM..

Old 08-03-2018, 08:04 AM

Quote:
Misspeaks?

Is that what you call lying?

Is he "misspeaking" when he calls the reporters "horrendous" and points them out at rallies as "enemies of the people?"

Is he "misspeaking" when he calls the Special Counsel investigation into Russian attacks on our election system a "rigged witch hunt?"

Is he "misspeaking" when he says people need a photo ID to buy groceries?

Old 08-03-2018, 08:08 AM

16,352 posts, read 8,088,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
Misspeaks?

Is he "misspeaking" when he calls the reporters "horrendous" and points them out at rallies as "enemies of the people?"

Is he "misspeaking" when he calls the Special Counsel investigation into Russian attacks on our election system a "rigged witch hunt?"

Sometimes Trump "misspeaks". But mostly he just lies.

Old 08-03-2018, 08:13 AM

90,297 posts, read 120,694,120 times
Quote:
Misspeaks?

Didn't you just complain about people going off topic?
Quote:

Trump stated you needed a picture ID to buy groceries. This is a lie. You do not. All sorts of people buy groceries all the time without showing a photo ID.

Then the posts wandered off into needing to show an ID to buy spray paint, booze, and one thing and another, including carrying a DL in glove compartment. Which you pointed out was a poor idea, what with making police officers "twitchy" and all. Though how one is supposed to get their insurance and registration documents without reaching into the glove compartment remains somewhat of a mystery.

Then you post that I should stop responding to comments if I don't want to discuss carrying an ID. Which, by the way, is not the topic of this thread.

So I have a question. I know it is off-topic, but what the hell, we left that goal in the dust some time ago.

Why is it that Trump supporters on this forum regularly encourage others to quit posting?

Old 08-03-2018, 08:25 AM

9,019 posts, read 14,282,260 times
This thread in a nutshell.

Old 08-03-2018, 08:26 AM

15,154 posts, read 11,618,376 times
Quote:

You are lying. The question is..why? Are you really that petty that you have to take an innocuous statement and turn it into some kinda of liberal crusade just to satisfy some petty vindictive virtue signalling? I mean really...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies