Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-01-2018, 05:25 AM

8,840 posts, read 4,803,834 times

Advertisements

Possible FARA case. Now that it's Dems, how will the right spin this? Is it still a witch hunt with 13 angry Democrats? Such a conundrum...

https://www.cnn.com/2018/07/31/polit...ork/index.html
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-01-2018, 05:51 AM

19,719 posts, read 16,837,015 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OnOurWayHome View Post
Possible FARA case. Now that it's Dems, how will the right spin this? Is it still a witch hunt with 13 angry Democrats? Such a conundrum...

https://www.cnn.com/2018/07/31/polit...ork/index.html

Your point is exactly what I was thinking when I read this. If Mueller is only running a witch hunt , aimed at Republicans, how can this be that a couple of Democrats were also under investigation ?

But you know what the right will do, they will say that Mueller just threw in a couple of Democrats to make it "look" like he was being unbiased and fair. However, the reality is, Mueller is looking for law breakers, whether they were on the right or left, the man is blind to anything but seeking the truth.

Old 08-01-2018, 05:54 AM

10,747 posts, read 4,342,219 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
Your point is exactly what I was thinking when I read this. If Mueller is only running a witch hunt , aimed at Republicans, how can this be that a couple of Democrats were also under investigation ?

But you know what the right will do, they will say that Mueller just threw in a couple of Democrats to make it "look" like he was being unbiased and fair. However, the reality is, Mueller is looking for law breakers, whether they were on the right or left, the man is blind to anything but seeking the truth.
I doubt you've even met Mueller, let alone worked with him.
Nobody on this entire forum knows what Mueller is thinking and what his true motives are.
Not only that, but sometimes motives change.....and regularly.
Mueller could be Ted Bundy, and nobody would necessarily have a clue.

Old 08-01-2018, 05:55 AM

13,898 posts, read 6,442,664 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post

While this is good news, if he is seeking truth, then HRC needs to be questioned about her involvement since she was the SoS during some of the time Manafort and the Podestas were working in the Ukraine and John Podesta worked for her foundation and campaign. She also needs to be questioned over paying for the dossier. If none of that ever happens he isn't seeking any true justice and what you said would be correct, the Podesta Brothers were just a sacrificial lamb.

Old 08-01-2018, 05:59 AM

4,761 posts, read 7,834,325 times
No indication the inquiry will result in charges. Slightly different than the normal narrative, dont ya think?

I still think this investigation needs to be wrapped up,unless there are some real charges coming down.

Old 08-01-2018, 06:07 AM

19,719 posts, read 16,837,015 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by magaalot View Post
I doubt you've even met Mueller, let alone worked with him.
Nobody on this entire forum knows what Mueller is thinking and what his true motives are.
Not only that, but sometimes motives change.....and regularly.
Mueller could be Ted Bundy, and nobody would necessarily have a clue.

Well then, let's talk about your logic there for a minute. Have YOU ever met Donald Trump , or worked for him ? If not, how do YOU know what HIS thinking and true motives are ? Trump could be Charlie Manson, and no one would have a clue.

What say you about that ?

Old 08-01-2018, 09:05 AM

9,254 posts, read 3,584,931 times
Mueller is widely regarded as tough on all criminality, irrespective of their political affiliation, by members of both parties. He was lauded by both sides when he was appointed. He is following the trail of evidence and referring evidence of wrongdoing to the SDNY when it falls outside of his remit. If Tony Podesta or any Democrat committed a crime, I hope to see them prosecuted along with those already indicted.

Mueller is doing exactly what he should be doing, despite the partisan hysteria from sycophantic Trumpists. Anyone who cares about the rule of law should just let him keep his head down and work.

Old 08-01-2018, 09:47 AM

8,840 posts, read 4,803,834 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TEPLimey View Post
Mueller is widely regarded as tough on all criminality, irrespective of their political affiliation, by members of both parties. He was lauded by both sides when he was appointed. He is following the trail of evidence and referring evidence of wrongdoing to the SDNY when it falls outside of his remit. If Tony Podesta or any Democrat committed a crime, I hope to see them prosecuted along with those already indicted.

Mueller is doing exactly what he should be doing, despite the partisan hysteria from sycophantic Trumpists. Anyone who cares about the rule of law should just let him keep his head down and work.
Agreed. And I'm not hearing any Dems complaining about his latest referrals. We have to trust the process.

Old 08-01-2018, 09:51 AM

20,104 posts, read 9,011,934 times
sure are going to be a lot of angry Democrats when this all shakes out. Mueller will do nothing but send a report to the DOJ when this is over. Repubs will have a big laugh, Dems will be calling Mueller a traitor. LMAO

Old 08-01-2018, 10:07 AM

13,898 posts, read 6,442,664 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skeddy View Post
sure are going to be a lot of angry Democrats when this all shakes out. Mueller will do nothing but send a report to the DOJ when this is over. Repubs will have a big laugh, Dems will be calling Mueller a traitor. LMAO
Pretty much
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies