Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-07-2018, 01:14 PM

5,606 posts, read 3,508,009 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gungnir View Post
You're confused or misinformed. He was sentenced to a 3 month custodial sentence at Canterbury suspended for 18 months (that he has not yet served)

The offense at Leeds added an additional 10 months consecutively after he admitted guilt (hence plea). I personally don't have any issue with that, it's a repeat offence literally within the period he would have been jailed had the Canterbury sentence not been suspended.

Agree with the law on not broadcasting information about pending trials to prevent mistrial or not. Many-Names did not just commit contempt of court by accident, but wilfully and with intent, and full knowledge of the law. He chose that action, he should man up and accept the consequences not cry like a little ***** about how unfair it is, and the danger he was in, it was his choice and he knew the outcome.
Far from being a brave defender of the truth Robinson is an idiot with wilful disregard for the basic rules about how a justice system works.I have some sympathy for his campaign against the covering up of Muslim grooming gangs but his tactics are those of a knuckle-dragger.

FWIW,The Secret Barrister continues to be the leading authority on the legalities of the Tommy Robinson case and indeed for all things legal.

https://thesecretbarrister.com/2018/...what-happened/
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-08-2018, 05:01 AM

14,820 posts, read 12,012,173 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by godofthunder9010 View Post
The degree to which you are in denial is astounding. You were unable to provide a single example of a Muslim Rape Gang which got arrested, tried, convicted, sentenced and sent to serve their prison sentences in just 5 hours. You have ZERO examples. You have NO OTHER EXAMPLES from modern times where it took 5 hours to do all of that. And whether you admit it or not, the rape gangs are overwhelmingly Muslim. No, not every rape committed in the UK is by a Muslim, but only Muslims rapists were actively ignored and protected by the police and the entire system. They desperately tried to pretend it wasn't happening because their so scared of the word "racist." When other Muslims figured out they could get away with it, then of course the problem just got worse and worse.

We can argue till doomsday about whether or not a crime was committed. That isn't my point here. The insane rush to judgement is the problem. It kinda proves Tommy right when he claims that the authorities are out to get him. And his treatment in prison was disgraceful. They actively and intentionally placed him in harm's way whenever possible.

The British government's defense of Islam and only Islam while allowing criticism of every other religion -- that is why people are pointing at Britain and saying, Sharia Law. Islam demands that all who insult Islam be killed. The UK isn't killing people but it is actively destroying the lives of anyone who does so, thereby acting in the same spirit. As long as they're unwilling to treat Muslims with complete equality, including making them pay for crimes committed, then there will always be a large degree of bad behavior from the Muslim population. Ignoring a problem does not make it go away.

Your post is NONSENSE; just show me where in the UK Islam is above the law? Go on show me! You can't because WHATEVER your religion you are bound by UK law; and also you have the same protection WHATEVER your religion too - I can 'set up' a court and call it EASTHOMES law if I want to, I can say that in EASTHOME'S law you have to wear gloves all day and if anybody is stupid enough to wear gloves all day it really is their 'right' ITS CALLED FREEDOM. You ought to try it, you might like it!! I am free to have ANY opinion on anything, its my right, ITS CALLED FREEDOM. Now here is the 'important' part, I am allowed to live any way I want to AS LONG AS ITS WITHIN THE LAW. Now 'English law' is in place to protect people OF ALL NATIONALITIES an ALL FAITHS, I am free to 'hate' anybody with blue eyes but IF I hurt or discriminate, or incite others to hurt or discriminate against blue eyed people I am breaking 'English law' and will be subjected to punishment. Your posts are all nonsense because of your ridiculous claims and assumptions about the laws in the UK, nobody believes 'the police' are perfect but THE LAW is, and if you can find anything in 'English law' that discriminates against ANYBODY I would be interested to hear it.

Old 08-08-2018, 05:13 AM

57,219 posts, read 26,166,435 times
Thank god he's alive, I some indicated he would be killed in prison.

Old 08-08-2018, 06:33 AM

8,196 posts, read 2,841,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marino760 View Post
What exactly is breach of peace? That sounds like it would be open to much interpretation.
Of course.

Old 08-08-2018, 06:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hesychios View Post
I thought they were going to execute him !?!

Why would they let him get away ???
Is this sarcasm?

If so, this is a good example of why the media wants to shut down conservative voices. The fact that this story was so out in the public view by those here in the US is one reason why this man is out of prison. It surely wasn't being reported accurately in the UK.

Old 08-08-2018, 06:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brave New World View Post
He was jailed for entering the US using a false passport, and can't set foot in the US.
Can't President Trump pardon him?

Old 08-08-2018, 11:01 AM

27,131 posts, read 13,424,152 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4dognight View Post
Can't President Trump pardon him?
He was sentenced when he returned to the UK but would have been sentenced in the US but managed to evade US Authorities, it was only later that US Authorities realised fingerprints diodn't match.

Trump has no power to pardon anyone convicted in the UK.

EDL leader Stephen Lennon jailed for false passport offence - BBC

EDL leader jailed for being illegal immigrant after entering US on friend's passport - The Telegraph

Old 08-08-2018, 11:29 AM

3,261 posts, read 3,703,597 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brave New World View Post
He was sentenced when he returned to the UK but would have been sentenced in the US but managed to evade US Authorities, it was only later that US Authorities realised fingerprints diodn't match.

Trump has no power to pardon anyone convicted in the UK.

EDL leader Stephen Lennon jailed for false passport offence - BBC

EDL leader jailed for being illegal immigrant after entering US on friend's passport - The Telegraph
For somebody to even think that Trump has the power to pardon Robinson, just goes to show how ill informed some Americans are.

Old 08-08-2018, 12:08 PM

27,131 posts, read 13,424,152 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by albion View Post
For somebody to even think that Trump has the power to pardon Robinson, just goes to show how ill informed some Americans are.

Totally Agree.

Old 08-08-2018, 12:28 PM

8,278 posts, read 6,270,543 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roscoe Conkling View Post
Far from being a brave defender of the truth Robinson is an idiot with wilful disregard for the basic rules about how a justice system works.I have some sympathy for his campaign against the covering up of Muslim grooming gangs but his tactics are those of a knuckle-dragger.

FWIW,The Secret Barrister continues to be the leading authority on the legalities of the Tommy Robinson case and indeed for all things legal.

https://thesecretbarrister.com/2018/...what-happened/
Well I'll not ascribe malice to things that can be easily result from incompetence. The police are not exactly known for being bastions of capability and it's not a million years ago there was the whole Jimmy Saville debacle, that was entirely not muslim, and started in the 70s, and I'm no spring chicken, but Jim could have fixed it for me. (To soon?)

That said we agree on 'Many-Names" Robinson.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies