Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-01-2018, 02:35 PM

22,974 posts, read 27,008,828 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanst530 View Post
CNN has taken a decidedly aggressive and divisive tone towards Trump and his supporters, so as far as I'm concerned there is nothing to see here.

You reap what you sow.
It's certainly interesting to see Acosta and his network get all up in arms when the crap firehose they've been using is turned on THEM. Panties all in a twist when they're the recipient.

Sorry Acosta, if you want sympathy look in the dictionary between sh#t and Syphili$.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-01-2018, 02:38 PM

24,490 posts, read 17,226,594 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dothetwist View Post
trump is trying to shut down the free press. It his main focus after trying to shut down the
special Prosecutor.

He is an insecure (and possibly guilty) man who cannot tolerate criticism.

It is not that free when it swings so far Left that they are about to spin around.

It is insane how the Lefty media, morning talk shows, late night so called comedy shows, Hollywood, Lefty news papers etc etc.. attack Trump on every single little thing he does or says while conveniently under reporting or simply skipping over anything positive he does.

It is easy for anyone to see that has their eyes open that the media is heavily biased.

Trump calls it Fake News. I would call it Misguiding in they only report half of the story.

Old 08-01-2018, 02:43 PM

13,211 posts, read 21,827,501 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
Let's play this game? How and where do you get your news? Most of us, with open minds, regardless of party affiliation get our news from many sources. too bad, from reading some of the posts here, it doesn't seem the left pays any attention to news unless it comes from a liberal blog or CNN and MSNBC. There certainly are exceptions to this view: some actually read newspapers: papers like the NYTimes and the LATimes.
Excuse me? My comment was to a member who said they didn't read any mainstream media, and I simply asked where they got their news.

But for some reason, you felt the need to chime in with some partisan BS that liberals don't follow balanced news sources? With all due respect, that's a mighty bigoted remark on your part and not worthy of a serious answer.

Old 08-01-2018, 02:49 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,193,725 times
If a single hair on Jim Acosta’s Head is touched, then liberals should start smacking around right wing journalists ON SIGHT in retaliation.

If the Trumptards wanna go that route, then so be it.

Old 08-01-2018, 02:51 PM

7,150 posts, read 4,903,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LGR_NYR View Post
That "Star" is a below average reporter with sub-par talent. Baby boy doesn't like getting a taste of his own medicine. I would have liked to been witnessed to Accosta being dragged to the center of the arena by his hairpiece and beaten to death by the mob. Trump should bring back being fed to the Lions. Lets start with the fake news reporters and the corrupt FBI, DOJ, CIA, NSA etc...
Incite violence much?

Old 08-01-2018, 02:51 PM

15,713 posts, read 9,521,031 times
Well, with the old man in the White House calling the free press "the enemy of the people," I'd be worried too. If you're in the press and it doesn't at least make you pause for a moment, there's something wrong with you.

Old 08-01-2018, 02:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LGR_NYR View Post
That "Star" is a below average reporter with sub-par talent. Baby boy doesn't like getting a taste of his own medicine. I would have liked to been witnessed to Accosta being dragged to the center of the arena by his hairpiece and beaten to death by the mob. Trump should bring back being fed to the Lions. Lets start with the fake news reporters and the corrupt FBI, DOJ, CIA, NSA etc...
Just bolding it in case anyone missed this. I'll le you folks draw your own conclusions.

#MAGA

SMH

Old 08-01-2018, 02:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
If a single hair on Jim Acosta’s Head is touched, then liberals should start smacking around right wing journalists ON SIGHT in retaliation.

If the Trumptards wanna go that route, then so be it.
No, they shouldn't. Not at all in any way.

Old 08-01-2018, 03:11 PM

9,837 posts, read 4,635,682 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
BIG UGH

A CNN "star" attended a Trump rally and he was frightened by the hostility the attendees showed toward the media to the point that he said this
“I’m very worried that the hostility whipped up by Trump and some in conservative media will result in somebody getting hurt.” He continued: “We should not treat our fellow Americans this way. The press is not the enemy.”

https://www.yahoo.com/news/cnn-apos-...084707504.html

Ahh Ok Mr CNN star do you realize that you are comparing a few hundred people at a pro Trump rally to millions of your own kind that are calling for ICE to be abolished and these are the same people that for years have been making Police Officers into the bad guys which is now causing them to be attacked with more frequency?

Our Law enforcement agencies are not the enemy but the Left is making them out to be and guess what people are being hurt and killed because of it.

So you are saying it is OK for trumpers to threaten Americans they disagree with...... because you don't like some people calling for the end of "ICE" (reminder ICE is only 15 years old and border patrol is NOT ICE...)

Old 08-01-2018, 03:13 PM

17,302 posts, read 12,245,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
It is not that free when it swings so far Left that they are about to spin around.

It is insane how the Lefty media, morning talk shows, late night so called comedy shows, Hollywood, Lefty news papers etc etc.. attack Trump on every single little thing he does or says while conveniently under reporting or simply skipping over anything positive he does.

It is easy for anyone to see that has their eyes open that the media is heavily biased.

Trump calls it Fake News. I would call it Misguiding in they only report half of the story.
The press is supposed to hold the politicians accountable. Not publish puff pieces for them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies