Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-02-2018, 12:57 AM

37,949 posts, read 17,851,639 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnp292 View Post
HA!!!

Did you ever fly before 9/11?

Security screening provided by the airlines was a joke.
Then don't use that airline.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-02-2018, 06:31 AM

45,201 posts, read 26,417,923 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnp292 View Post
HA!!!

Did you ever fly before 9/11?

Security screening provided by the airlines was a joke.
HA!! It still is, but now the joke is on all of us since everyone pays for it whether they fly or not.
You suppose airlines would have would have changed security protocols after 9/11?

Old 08-02-2018, 06:38 AM

45,201 posts, read 26,417,923 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CBeisbol View Post
Owners of skyscrappers?

The problem with these extreme market fanatics is they rarely accurately account for externalities
planes crash (although rather infrequently) and people die shouldnt we just ban them all together? A bomb laden truck was driven into world trade center in a previous attempt, shouldn't there have been an automotive version of a TSA created to minimize future attempts?
If you think the TSA is keeping us safe you havent read the stories of guns making it through security. And using skyscrapers as justification for a behemoth inefficient state security apparatus is highly illogical.

Old 08-02-2018, 06:40 AM

34,002 posts, read 17,035,093 times
Not a good idea, 9/11 first flight terrorists used a small airport as starting point due to lax security there at the time.

Old 08-02-2018, 06:41 AM

34,002 posts, read 17,035,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CCbaxter View Post
Didn’t some of the 9/11 hijackers start their flights in smaller airports and connect so they could avoid stricter security? Yea, good idea tsa.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0I3RQXrbnZ8

Old 08-02-2018, 07:04 AM

3,565 posts, read 1,920,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
planes crash (although rather infrequently) and people die shouldnt we just ban them all together? A bomb laden truck was driven into world trade center in a previous attempt, shouldn't there have been an automotive version of a TSA created to minimize future attempts?
If you think the TSA is keeping us safe you havent read the stories of guns making it through security. And using skyscrapers as justification for a behemoth inefficient state security apparatus is highly illogical.
Yawn
I'm simply asking if the public receives any benefit from airport security. They do
But some people want to pass the cost for the benefit that they receive onto others

Old 08-02-2018, 07:05 AM

6,260 posts, read 5,066,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
A few years ago the TSA failure rate was 95%. Last November it was reported to be around 80%

https://abcnews.go.com/US/tsa-fails-...ry?id=51022188

Old 08-02-2018, 09:02 AM

25,689 posts, read 18,773,845 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CBeisbol View Post
Yawn
I'm simply asking if the public receives any benefit from airport security. They do
But some people want to pass the cost for the benefit that they receive onto others
I really don't think your point is a valid one. That industry should be responsible for its product (which is safe, comfortable transportation). If that involves having ten paid guards on each flight brandishing AKs, then so be it. And if those companies can't provide safe transportation, they should be shut down, allowing the firms that can provide safe transportation to do so.

Beyond regulations, the government (I.E., the taxpayer) shouldn't be footing the bill for a shoddy product.

As I've said before, I don't fly because I don't agree with the SS tactics. But if we insist on having them, it is the responsibility of the industry, not the taxpayer, just like it is the responsibility of an auto manufacturer to manufacture a safe vehicle. There are no SS troops watching every aspect of car manufacturing. There are regulations and there is compliance on the part of the industry.

Old 08-02-2018, 09:16 AM

23,170 posts, read 26,179,590 times
Whatever happened to the idea of locked cockpits ?

Old 08-02-2018, 09:29 AM

36,856 posts, read 17,350,188 times
I'm not going to feel safe flying unless a 20-year-old kid with a "stoned Mickey Mouse" tattoo on his arm puts his index finger in my sock and feels around for 10 seconds.

Keep the TSA!

*happened a few weeks ago SNA to Vegas
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies