Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-03-2018, 08:14 AM

22,923 posts, read 15,477,951 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
Trump is not lining up with anyone. He is doing what he believes.

More and more people are thinking there is more good than bad with Trump.
While you're up there on Mars; would you please take a stroll over to that area where they think there might be a lake underground. Be careful though, because we wouldn't want you to fall in and drown while up there with no one else to pull you out.

Your post most explicitly exemplifies the level of disconnect required by the most vapid Trump acolyte.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-03-2018, 08:18 AM

45,203 posts, read 26,417,923 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rebeldor View Post
Unions are anti-capitalist...

Just like Trump.
And a violation of property rights.
I laugh when I see some misguided joe six pack driving around with a t-shirt and bumper stickers proclaiming allegiance to some union local, as if thats where his job and paycheck comes from.
Ive been in a union and suffered through two union votes in shops where there wasn't one (they were voted down) and Ill just say that the more useless and incompetent an employee is, the greater their loyalty to the union.

Old 08-03-2018, 08:43 AM

18,489 posts, read 9,151,071 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by turkey-head View Post
I'm no fan of Trump... but the Democratic Party has directly betrayed their union base with their support of free trade. Figured they could take their union base for granted, but get in on some of that free trade Wall Street money.

And open borders have been a disaster for the white working class- driving down wages and making entire sectors of the economy non-viable for legal citizens.

Chickens are coming home to roost. I hate to see a demagogue like Trump benefit from it... but the Dems made their own bed here. And I've seen no evidence that they've learned a thing from it.
Agree!

Old 08-03-2018, 09:00 AM

78,326 posts, read 60,527,398 times
Quote:
And open borders have been a disaster for the white working class- driving down wages and making entire sectors of the economy non-viable for legal citizens.
Actually, illegal immigration has hit minorities in the US harder than whites because there are higher percentages of blacks etc. that work in those types of labor roles.

CNN had a big article on minority poverty a while back and I noted the irony that even in this economy they were struggling to find work or enough hours....but the article didn't once mention the 6 million illegal laborers.

Old 08-03-2018, 09:16 AM

4,540 posts, read 2,765,810 times
Democrats refuse to talk about class. They only want to talk about race and gender.

So Democrats are offering essentially *nothing* to working class white voters. In fact working directly against their interests in many cases, WHILE telling my fellow rednecks that they're privileged, so their concerns can be dismissed. And we're surprised that they find a demagogue like Trump appealing??

Personally I'll never vote for Trump, and I have doubts about *any* Republican. But it couldn't be more obvious why so many of my fellow working class white people are supporting President Tinyhands. And Democrats by and large just refuse to see it.

So much easier to nag people about racism and/or the SJW cause-of-the-week.

Well my fellow liberals... how's that workin' out for ya'?

Old 08-04-2018, 09:31 PM

20,758 posts, read 8,559,342 times
Quote:
Democrats refuse to talk about class. They only want to talk about race and gender.

WalkAway

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=51UGcghHZsk

Old 08-04-2018, 09:43 PM

32,068 posts, read 15,040,845 times
Quote:

So Democrats are offering essentially *nothing* to working class white voters. In fact working directly against their interests in many cases, WHILE telling my fellow rednecks that they're privileged, so their concerns can be dismissed. And we're surprised that they find a demagogue like Trump appealing??

Personally I'll never vote for Trump, and I have doubts about *any* Republican. But it couldn't be more obvious why so many of my fellow working class white people are supporting President Tinyhands. And Democrats by and large just refuse to see it.

Democrats are for everyone...republicans are only for the rich. The rich got the biggest benefit from Trump's tax cuts. And now he wants to give them another tax cut. Where is Trump looking out for the poor and middle class

Old 08-04-2018, 09:56 PM

1,728 posts, read 3,124,732 times
Fake news and thread fail. You're taking his comments out of context. It's not up to Trumka to endorse Trump but its members. Trumka knows it, hence his answer. He doesn't speak on behalf of all members. The chance of the members endorsing Trump is slim considering how anti-union he has been.

"The question was deceptively simple. At a Wednesday breakfast hosted by the Christian Science Monitor, AFL-CIO President Richard Trumka was asked whether the nation’s largest union might endorse President Trump for a second term.

Trumka, who had been supportive of the president’s overall tariff strategy, did not say “no.” But he told John Gizzi, who works for the conservative publication Newsmax, not to get carried away.

“I don’t want to see in your story: Trumka says he’ll endorse Trump,” Trumka said. “I’m not saying that. I’m saying, we’ll consider every candidate who’s running, and our members will help us decide that.
”"

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.145e6ba7d21f

Old 08-05-2018, 07:21 AM

88,964 posts, read 44,780,079 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
Democrats are for everyone
Quite clearly NOT true. That's why so many walked away in the 2016 election resulting in Trump's election, and the #WalkAway movement is growing exponentially.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies