Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-04-2018, 05:08 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,524,110 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rupp-certified View Post
Lol, the click-hungry media will never, ever be able to resist covering Trump rallies. That's the beauty of it.
They don't even show them anymore though. They show bits and pieces. They could send one 'pool' reporter to do that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCityDreamer View Post
The news media will never stop covering Trump rallies.

They are extremely good for their ratings.
No, they really aren't - which is why the news media quit airing them live.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-04-2018, 05:51 PM

13,778 posts, read 9,661,538 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kibby View Post
I hate to burst your bubble -- BUT, all of these Trump Rallys are video taped in their entirety.
No need for a "secret" "gotcha" recording ....... they are both LIVE and online.
I'm aware of that, having been in the media for 34 years staging and producing live events. I also know that the people in charge shepherd the media very closely so that only the stuff they want to get out gets out. Right now the media is restricted to a "bullpen in the back of the venue and only allowed access to certain aspects of a Trump function. When was the last time you saw the mainstream press allowed to freely roam the floor getting independent interviews from Trump supporters?
I want to get down on the floor close up without anyone acting for the media......just being their self. Then people tend to be who they are. Trump rallies are an exercise in raw hate towards whoever is the Target of the day for Trump. I want to accurately capture that hate, package it, overlay Trump's rally speech over it and show that to the world and do it again and again and again.

I was involved in the staging of many political events from Bill Clinton in 1992 to John McCain/Palin in 2008. I know how tightly controlled the staff is at controlling media access and what gets shown in MSM.
Much more so at a Trump event. Trump only has the media there to keep in a bullpen cage and use them as a foil to rile up his base. Then it's all broadcast for those who weren't there so they can hate the media from the comfort of their lazy boy.

I want to get up close and personal and catch Trump's cult unaware of being cell phoned and show the vile nature of the Trump hate rallies from close up on the floor surrounded by his devotees.
Let the public see a Trump hate rally from a different perspective than Trump's. Don't give Trump a clutch of reporters to focus his Tribe on and stir up more discord. Trump thrives and derives his power from discord and confusion, as does the devil.

As long as the media lines up for a Trump Bullpen pass to video whatever he wants them to, then we, the opposition and the media are playing right into his hands.
We, the public, need to know what goes on at Trump rallies but at the same time, we don't need to allow ourselves be part of it.

Last edited by mohawkx; 08-04-2018 at 06:03 PM..

Old 08-04-2018, 09:03 PM

8,924 posts, read 5,626,404 times
Trump is always playing for the camera. Yes, this is a great idea. No media should go to these rallies. I don’t even like watching clips of them on TV. Trump makes me nauseous and I can’t stand the sound of his voice. We all know the truth. Trump is always trying to con someone.

Old 08-04-2018, 09:16 PM

20,757 posts, read 8,576,536 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
MSNBC shows him live just not his entire dog and pony show. But they do show their viewers sound bites of his lies and then show facts to back it up.
Yeah, important things like Trump said it was 110 degrees in the arena today but it turns out it was only 99

Trump lied!

Old 08-04-2018, 09:28 PM

9,470 posts, read 9,371,787 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
Is it possible to have one camera person, well-guarded of course, do a feed of Trump's speech and a swing or two around the venue to get an idea of audience reaction and size?
Very good idea! I’d really like to see the size of the actual audience, not just the carefully placed avid supporters and always a “token black” person on stage.

Old 08-04-2018, 09:55 PM

6,141 posts, read 3,372,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by staywarm2 View Post
Very good idea! I’d really like to see the size of the actual audience, not just the carefully placed avid supporters and always a “token black” person on stage.
I am getting the impression, that a lot of media outlets.. are actually attending ( limited) in order to video it init;s entirety .. But do to such threats and accusations and deaths of Media personal in latest reported mass killing.. WHY bother expose a huge reporting personal to such "***** Feast".. better known as "DJT Rallies!!

He'll get his rallies covered..Just not like he would prefer.. ALLHIS HATE andLies will get exposed.. and those poor participants will have their faces exposed forever!! I'm talking about kids/teens and those rabid ANGRY ones giving 3rd fingers/ postings towards media etc... Won;t even mention the verbal harassment/threats hurled at them!!

DJT has devolved into some maniacal unhinged wannabe dictator.. and I'm willing to bet his wife is humiliated... But she worries about her own family that got brought to America under the "Chained" allowances!! DJT may revoke that PDQ if She doesn't "TOW the Line "!

DJT is/has always been a user/abuser/liar/manipulator/bought favor with lawmakers/ conned innocents/partnered with underground/behind the scenes influence types! Why??didn't voters even realize just what and who they voted for??

Old 08-04-2018, 09:59 PM

32,062 posts, read 15,058,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PilgrimsProgress View Post
Yeah, important things like Trump said it was 110 degrees in the arena today but it turns out it was only 99

Trump lied! :crying:
Wow, so you don't care that he lies. This is what cults are all about.

Old 08-04-2018, 10:44 PM

10,754 posts, read 4,344,063 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tominftl View Post
Trump is always playing for the camera. Yes, this is a great idea. No media should go to these rallies. I don’t even like watching clips of them on TV. Trump makes me nauseous and I can’t stand the sound of his voice. We all know the truth. Trump is always trying to con someone.
CNN is the best example of a con job.

Old 08-04-2018, 10:48 PM

32,062 posts, read 15,058,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by magaalot View Post
CNN is the best example of a con job.
Nope. Our president is.

Old 08-06-2018, 09:14 AM

9,470 posts, read 9,371,787 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tominftl View Post
What I’d really prefer is to instead of covering Trump at the rallies, to have the cameras focused on the crowd of people attending the rally. The quick glimpses we get of the supporters is not enough. They often look so unhinged and angry. I’d like to expose these supporters for what they really are: very angry folks.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies