Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-04-2018, 09:15 AM

13,778 posts, read 9,660,467 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danno3314 View Post
You're showing that as a quote, just out of curiosity where did you quote that from? Is this something he actually said or is this something only you are saying? If it's your opinion of what you hear him saying, then say that and maybe explain why you've come to that conclusion. BTW, I did not like either candidate in our last election. Once elected, I despise the amount of time a president spends campaigning for his party in the mid-term election.
"Your average Trump rally now goes something like this...……."

*I thought that was obvious from this sentence I prefaced my fictional Trump conversation with. Yes it's fictional but closely based on historical fact.

Sorry for the confusion.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-04-2018, 09:28 AM

45,579 posts, read 27,172,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by G Grasshopper View Post
I never would have guessed it, but I actually agree with Fox News. I think the press should just declare that these rallies are dangerous to the press because Trump is purposefully rallying people to verbally and physically attack them. They should boycott. We get plenty of his "opinions" through twitter. There is lots to report about besides those hate rallies.
How come none of you are made at Maxine Waters or Cory Booker for stirring the pot - and actually having people from her side verbally and physically attack others?

Nobody who supports Trump has done anything to the press.

Old 08-04-2018, 09:33 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,520,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
In the interest of their safety and our sanity, the press should decline to participate any longer in Trump's press-hating rallies.

He will likely clown around in ever more desperate attempts to get attention.
I agree. Why keep attending these rallies so Dump can demonize them and turn the crowd against them AND make them the center of attention?

Hillary ain't there so the press is all he's got to make the enemy.

Specifically Jim Acosta should stay home but I will say . . . I think he likes all this attention just a little too much.

Old 08-04-2018, 10:11 AM

10,920 posts, read 6,908,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mohawkx View Post
That seems to be the case. Trump rallies for a particular candidate seems to have degenerated into a "hate the press" rally.
Your average Trump rally now goes something like this...…….

"Hi I'm Donald Trump, the best president you've ever had and ever will have. Probably the last president you'll ever need......ha, ha, just kidding.
I'm here to tell you that a...what's his name...….ah, Smith! representative Smith is a great guy and you should vote for him.
But I'm here mostly to talk about those evil, despicable, ugly, fake, phony people in the back there known as the mainstream media. All they do is attack me and report every thing I say even though I don't really mean most of what I say.
For the next 58 minutes I'll tell you why they suck, how they suck and they will continue to suck unless you the people stop them by whatever means necessary."
Yep...

Old 08-04-2018, 10:44 AM

38,936 posts, read 23,889,999 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EuropeanLoyalist View Post
Maybe the media will start acting normal and being NEUTRAL in its coverage instead of the media wing of the democratic party....they rile people up then throw their hands up like they had nothing to do with the violence the left has unleashed on America and Americans that support Trump. ANYTHING that happens to the media jackals is well deserved IMO.
Please, we all know if some "ANTIFA person" did this to FNC reporters, many who laugh about the potential assaults on the press would want their heads rather than to give them medals.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRR View Post
First thoughts and prayers for the victim. But it would be too soon to really discuss what caused the situation. Then nothing.
I don't think so if it is based on "Fake News" rather than that Maryland paper's known issues.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyMac18 View Post
It's never the right time, you know.
I don't think that it would be for the actual physical assault on the media. It would turn into a first amendment issue which is more important freedom of the press or freedom of speech?

Old 08-04-2018, 10:47 AM

104 posts, read 60,358 times
Sounds like an excuse

I bet the real reason is that their viewers drop like a hot potato when they broadcast those rallies. Who wants to watch the same thing over and over?

The only thing that matters is ratings. People love to watch new information. That’s why CNN still calls old news “breaking news”

Old 08-04-2018, 10:51 AM

38,936 posts, read 23,889,999 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irene1999 View Post
Sounds like an excuse

I bet the real reason is that their viewers drop like a hot potato when they broadcast those rallies. Who wants to watch the same thing over and over?
I don't. I watch more TYT, Phillip DeFranco and specific YouTube CNN videos as well as local networks (including listening to KTAR) and the ABC Nightly News. Why, I don't care nor do I have the time to listen to background noise and different people giving theit views on the same topic rather than something different. As much as I mock Fox News' various "wars", at least they try having different topics. CNN can't.

Old 08-04-2018, 10:55 AM

10,750 posts, read 4,342,219 times
I don't understand why the OP think its "surprising coming from Fox News...."
Some of these threadstarters around here seem to think everybody on Fox News is pro-Trump, when the reality is many of Fox News anchors and panelists have ALWAYS been anti-Trump.
Throughout 2016 and 2017 a bunch of them have been anti-Trump, including the following:

Chris Stirewalt is occasionally positive but usually critical of Trump.
Shephard Smith is 100% anti-Trump.
Juan William is 100% anti-Trump.
Chris Wallace is 75% anti-Trump, and so is Cavuto.
Fox News pays people to be be anti-Trump in order to be fair and balanced.
Maybe the CNN viewers have never seen fair and balanced reporting.

Old 08-04-2018, 10:58 AM

8,497 posts, read 4,558,569 times
The networks should stop covering these propaganda events. They just provide Trump a platform to spew more lies to energize his base.

Old 08-04-2018, 11:00 AM

21,430 posts, read 7,453,685 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seacove View Post
It's pretty surprising to see this coming from Fox News but they know like we all know, that they could be a future target. They say sending reporters to Trump rallies just allows him to use the reporters as a "prop".

"Fox News politics editor Chris Stirewalt suggested on Friday that news outlets cease sending reporters to President Trump's rallies, saying that their presence allows Trump to use them as a "prop."

“We should stop having reporters at those Trump rallies," Stirewalt said on Fox News' "Outnumbered." "Everybody should stop having reporters penned up like veal in the back of those things for the president to use as a prop..."

Fox News editor: We should stop having reporters at Trump rallies
http://thehill.com/homenews/media/40...-trump-rallies
It's free publicity for that con man anyway. If he can't treat the media with respect for even that reason, they should all pull out.

Used to be he could pull in 20 thousand, now he's lucky to get 8 thousand. Waste of effort ...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies