Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-04-2018, 10:56 AM

19,601 posts, read 12,203,791 times

Advertisements

If they were riding up, which she admitted, and her actual cheeks were coming out that would probably be too much.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-04-2018, 10:57 AM

8,196 posts, read 2,841,160 times
I doubt she was "tossed".

Old 08-04-2018, 10:58 AM

10,720 posts, read 4,333,152 times
Women are pathetic when it comes to fashion.

Old 08-04-2018, 11:01 AM

29,526 posts, read 9,696,629 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
Another narcissist social media 'hero' looking for her 15 minutes of viral fame.

The mall has a dress code which she knew about, and she needs to wear something more appropriate than that.

https://www.kron4.com/news/national/...rts/1342461812
I could be wrong, but it sure seems to me these threads about these sorts of subjects are started mostly by men, for reasons I also find interesting...

Then to read the comments about whether a woman is wearing appropriate dress, in a mall of all places, sure makes me feel like I'm going back in time, or maybe somewhere deep into the Bible belt where all manner of other intolerance is still alive and well. Far as I'm concerned, that's what this story is about, and all these adolescent comments about how this woman looks just demonstrates how backward some of us still are!

Live close to the beach anyway, at the mall or outside restaurants, let alone on the beach, and you can bet the appropriate dress police from Alabama would never rest!

What a woman wears is up to her, just like for a man, and as long as either is not breaking the law, then maybe we all need to focus on more important things. Far as I know, just about anything a woman wears is not the problem. It's men who can't control their hormones that are the problem, coupled with the same stupid misguided righteousness indignation that once upon a time had us burning Elvis Presley records.

No matter how much progress we make, what patience we must always have waiting for these people to pull their heads out of the dark ages...

Old 08-04-2018, 11:04 AM

8,452 posts, read 4,746,700 times
Should private businesses be allowed to have dress codes, not just for employees but also for patrons? I'm not asking if it would be smart to do, I'm asking if they should have the legal right to do so.

Old 08-04-2018, 11:24 AM

18,453 posts, read 15,234,612 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmyy View Post
Ha, I can't attest to the golf club rules. I was told to leave or buy one of their expensive shirts because I didn't have a collared shirt on. I bought one of theirs because I wanted to play the course. That was a long time ago and I wouldn't do that now.

I don't want my little girl to grow up. So much judgement.
Was it your first time playing golf at a private club?

I don't know of any private club that doesn’t have this rule.

Old 08-04-2018, 11:47 AM

56,988 posts, read 35,175,777 times
Lol...that’s overdressed here in Arizona.

Old 08-04-2018, 12:04 PM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 19 hours ago)

35,579 posts, read 17,923,325 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katzpaw View Post
It's a deliberately vague "rule" designed to give mall cops the authority to kick people out for no valid reason.
THATs IT. Except, there is a reason they're kicked out it's just not fully legal. We don't want your kind here is pretty much the reason.

And it's not a racial thing. It's a behavioral/appearance/attitude thing.

Highland Mall here in Austin closed several years ago because they couldn't figure out how to solve the problem of getting rid of undesirable people. They tried doing youth curfew but that didn't work - they did want the respectable crowd of teens who were spending money. They tried saying you can't just hang out, you have to be shopping and that didn't work out - you obviously want to encourage people to come and shop even if that day they might not make a purchase. And you want mall walkers - even though they're basically just loitering and may not even enter a store - it gives the feeling that the mall has customers and they're certainly harmless.

I don't know what the answer is, to protect your business so paying customers feel very comfortable coming in and spending time there leisurely.

And yes, it is subjective. You see a girl dressed like that carrying a bag from macy's, a bag from dillards, and a bag from Bath and Bodyworks - she's not going to be kicked out. Period.

Last edited by ClaraC; 08-04-2018 at 12:27 PM..

Old 08-04-2018, 12:14 PM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 19 hours ago)

35,579 posts, read 17,923,325 times
According to their social media page, the protest **** walk doesn't appear to be going well. "Where is everyone" was posted a few minutes ago, an hour into the protest time.

edited to add: This is really funny. It appears the posters wondering where the action is are men. Hey where are y'all???

Old 08-04-2018, 12:39 PM

3,674 posts, read 3,033,076 times
To be fair, her shorts weren't THAT short, so I honestly don't think she should have been tossed. But:
Sigh ANOTHER " oh I'm soooooooo hot that evil men just can't control themselves around me"!!! This happens a lot in Australia too.
Talk about seeking validation and fishing for compliments! Everyone wants their 15 minutes, and will stop at nothing to get it.
As expected, she's nowhere near as hot as she thinks she is- hence posting this to social media for validation and "oh you're SO beautiful, they're just jelly that you're so HOT"!
I bet if she REALLY did rock the cutoffs, no way do they kick her out! I'm guessing it was more of a " keep our mall beautiful" thing. Flame away fedora wearing white knights!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies