Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-04-2018, 06:19 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,596,242 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mightleavenyc View Post
Why do you watch CNN, MSNBC, Fox News?

Well, FOX is the only one that has had the Tampa, Pennsylvania and then tonight, the OHIO Trump rally
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-04-2018, 06:45 PM

2,953 posts, read 2,899,017 times
I watch all sources actually. Isn't the saying the truth is somewhere in the middle? I also make my rounds to fringe news groups both Left and Right and also foreign.

95% of people are blinded by the source of their information. Even traveling to foreign countries, there is a hint of truth that we just don't see in America. That said, there is also a clear bias, spin, domestic personal touch that fogs the actuality of typical Americans.

Old 08-04-2018, 07:10 PM

20,758 posts, read 8,562,401 times
I watched NBC and CBS nightly news for decades. I read Time, Newsweek, the NY Times, Washington Post, LA Times and Boston Globe (depending on where I lived).

During the election I noticed some alarming things. They'd report a Trump speech or rally claiming he said or did horrible things, shocking things. I couldn't believe it so, thanks to youtube, I was able to watch those speeches and events in their entirety. Usually Trump was misquoted, quoted out of context, used dry humor and you could tell by his body language he was kidding or using hyperbole. The crowds were insulted by the leftist media, if one person made trouble, they'd only show that instead of everyone else having a good time. Trump crowds were better behaved than crowds at most sports events.

The news was and still is censored. Besides,Trump hatred and the hysterical reporting 24/7 is exhausting! I don't know how the Loonies can stand the constant emotional manipulation.

I had never watched Fox News, had heard of Rush Limbaugh but never listened, never heard of Hannity or Laura Ingraham. But in a quest for truth I started watching and listening and haven't gone back to any of the Fake News. The conservative media don't fawn over Trump, they aren't afraid to criticize him. Unlike Left wing media, they also report his accomplishments.

I've #WalkedAway!

Old 08-04-2018, 07:14 PM

13,684 posts, read 9,003,085 times
I liked CNN, due to their propensity to have both parties speak.

However, that said, CNN used to give 'world wide' news.

Now, I seldom watch, because they target "Trump" news.

Otherwise, I watch CBS national news, and I read many other publications.

Old 08-04-2018, 07:29 PM

20,758 posts, read 8,562,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winterfall8324 View Post
Wrong, they are far right corporate rags.

The NY Times has headed over the Progressive cliff with the cop hating, man hating, lesbian racist they just hired.

Old 08-04-2018, 07:39 PM

25,436 posts, read 9,793,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mightleavenyc View Post
Anyone who watches please explain. They are just low forms of entertainment. The last gasp of a dying industry. You could learn more from E! or Nickelodeon.
I watch CNN because it's the only news channel I get. I don't have cable, satellite or over-the-air channels available. That said, I read a number of different sites.

Old 08-05-2018, 05:28 AM

27,545 posts, read 28,630,498 times
The main issue is that “news” is no longer about reporting and journalism.

It is about selling you a worldview.

Old 08-05-2018, 07:17 AM

34,229 posts, read 18,561,496 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCityDreamer View Post
The main issue is that “news” is no longer about reporting and journalism.

It is about selling you a worldview.
Exactly. As Cronkite said, we aren't here to report facts, but to mold opinions, meaning TELL YOU WHAT TO THINK. The worldview the media is selling you is largely Far Left Progressive except for a very few minor outlets.

Old 08-05-2018, 08:16 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,512,088 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sandsthetime View Post
Are you sure? Everytime I watch FOX they're licking the sweat off his sack.
With the exception of maybe 2 - you are absolutely correct.

Old 08-05-2018, 11:49 AM

30,976 posts, read 21,621,734 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4dognight View Post
I watch none of these. They're all controlled.
Controlled by what? Their advertisers?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies