Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-05-2018, 06:26 AM

18,323 posts, read 10,645,506 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
"Shocking discovery?" The Washington Post? Left-wing rag, which can't be trusted.

It's more likely that the Russian government supported and would rather that Hillary Clinton win, because she could easily be manipulated (the "Russian Reset?"). But I'm not surprised that there were actors (the "Russian lawyer," who had no ties to the Russian government) who claimed to have information against Hillary. This was a ruse to get Trump Jr. to meet to discuss other issues. He walked away.

This is politics. Not surprised the Democrats are trying to make a big deal of this non-story. The only reason this is coming up again is because of the November elections. They are trying very hard to create as much doubt in the minds of their base as to the legitimacy of the President as they possibly can. But for the politically informed voter, Hillary is the one who stood to benefit most from, and was herself totally engaged in, Russian "collusion." She paid for the phony "dossier." They can't run from that.
Actually you have been proven wrong on this.

https://www.economist.com/graphic-de...have-backfired

So far, however, Mr Trump’s broadsides have failed to dent faith in his targets. On behalf of The Economist, during the past three years YouGov, a pollster, has asked a representative sample of Americans to rate large American news organisations on a scale from “very trustworthy” to “very untrustworthy”. (We calculate net trustworthiness on a scale of -100 to 100 from a weighted average of “very trustworthy” (100), “trustworthy” (50), “neither trustworthy or untrustworthy” (0), “untrustworthy” (-50) and “very untrustworthy” (-100).) From October 15th 2016, shortly before he was elected, to this month, confidence in Mr Trump’s two most frequently targeted newspapers, the New York Times and Washington Post, has actually grown. During the same period, trust in two media outlets that offer him reliably fawning coverage, Fox News and Breitbart, has withered.

Old 08-05-2018, 06:31 AM

22 posts, read 13,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by G1.. View Post
LOL, has already been proven there was no adoption conversation.Please keep up.
I prefer not to keep up, all this crap about who said what is completely . My focus lies on meaningful things in my life. Russian collusion with politicians is at the bottom of my to do list.

Last edited by CaseyB; 08-05-2018 at 11:30 AM.. Reason: language

Old 08-05-2018, 06:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shrimp-n-Grits View Post
I prefer not to keep up, all this crap about who said what is completely . My focus lies on meaningful things in my life. Russian collusion with politicians is at the bottom of my to do list.
That's fine and I understand that but then why come to C+D and get into a discussion?

Last edited by CaseyB; 08-05-2018 at 11:30 AM..

Old 08-05-2018, 06:38 AM

587 posts, read 304,591 times
All lies, Pure Communist Propaganda, This Communist Propaganda originated at CNN The communist Propaganda Machine and home of CIA Agent Anderson Cooper, Brennan and Clapper,

Last edited by CaseyB; 08-05-2018 at 09:29 AM.. Reason: language

Old 08-05-2018, 06:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
Not only Trump's son, but his son-in-law and his campaign manager may also have "inadvertently" gotten themselves into legal trouble.

One hopes the this shocking discovery doesn't unnerve Trump to the point he starts sending out lunatic tweets on six inch centers.
They all deserve it!

Old 08-05-2018, 06:49 AM

7,150 posts, read 4,900,050 times
Quote:
The conspiracy and collusion was about Russian adoption policies?
You have failed to follow your new marching orders from on high. Glorious Leader has changed his tune. Followers must get in lock-step or face revocation of their little red baseball caps.

Quote:
Fake News reporting, a complete fabrication, that I am concerned about the meeting my wonderful son, Donald, had in Trump Tower. This was a meeting to get information on an opponent, totally legal and done all the time in politics - and it went nowhere. I did not know about it!
Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump)
August 5, 2018

Old 08-05-2018, 06:55 AM

7,713 posts, read 4,744,104 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beb0p View Post
Trump fears his son may have inadvertently gotten into legal trouble

Translation: Trump is going to throw his son under the bus to save his own rear.

You can't honestly believe this? The WaPo, says unnamed sources in the Trump admin, claim that Trump is nervous?

What we know factually is that Fusion GPS was working for Russia/Putin at the time of the Trump Tower meeting to repeal the Magnitsky Act which punished Russia for human rights violations. Russia's representative in the US working with Fusion GPS, was lawyer Natalia Veselnitskaya. Veselnitskaya presented documents at the Trump Tower meeting prepared for her by Fusion GPS. Veselnitskaya met with Fusion GPS founder Glenn Simpson on the day of the Trump Tower meeting, both before and after her meeting.

What we need now is more information about the payments Fusion GPS was receiving from Russia. Were they being paid by the Russian FSB? Was spreading Russian disinformation to damage Donald Trump a coordinated plan between HRC & Putin?

Same with the Russian intel 'dossier'. We know Fusion GPS was paying Russian FSB officers and Kremlin officials to give them unverified dirt on Trump, in order to undermine his presidency and overthrow the 2016 election. The question remaining is did the HRC campaign coordinate this with Putin, in order damage Trump & benefit HRC?

Old 08-05-2018, 07:16 AM

37,315 posts, read 59,827,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beb0p View Post
Trump fears his son may have inadvertently gotten into legal trouble

Translation: Trump is going to throw his son under the bus to save his own rear.

The red flag in that headline--
ACCIDENTALLY

There was NOTHING accidental about any of that ---
The FBI warned the Trump campaign before that meeting that they suspected Russian interests would come to them and try to use them in some way to infiltrate the campaign--they were WARNED NOT TO INVOLVE THEMSELVES with Russian interests--
What did they do--
Had family/business friends set up meeting with Russian attorney to make an offer about HRC emails...
Plus had various people w/in Trump's inner circle try to create opportunities w/Russian interested---Flynn, Kushner, Sessions, Erik Prince, Nunberg, Roger Stone, Manafort, Gates
There are likely more people who were involved trying to create various illicit relationships than there are guys using prostitues in Vegas on a 3 day weekend...

They had legal representation that knew it was a FELONY to lie to the Congressional hearings

Trump and his insiders KNEW Don J was lying--and he isn't the only one involved in lying to protect Trump and others
DJT Jr lied about Trump NOT KNOWING about the meeting and Trump writing the letter to deny the meeting's purpose
They KNEW TRUMP wrote the denial letter on Airforce 1 with a totally bogus explanation for the Tower meeting
They KNEW this was an obstruction of information that was necessary to prevent the truth from being revealed

Trump has done NONE of this accidentally
It was all deliberate, hidden, and frankly, was a conspiracy to commit a fraud against the American people w/the 2016 election hacking efforts
Trump Jr lying to Congress has just cooked his ass

The question is what proof does Cohen have that implicates Trump as knowing about the purpose of the Tower meeting and other Russian involvement

Trump saying his son might have "accidentally" cross the line is legal proof of nothing except he is too stupid to keep his mouth shut...

Knowing something is not the same thing as having evidence to prove it in court--
especially a court as pro-Trump as the House of Representatives...

Old 08-05-2018, 07:24 AM

Fake News reporting, a complete fabrication, that I am concerned about the meeting my wonderful son, Donald, had in Trump Tower. This was a meeting to get information on an opponent, totally legal and done all the time in politics - and it went nowhere. I did not know about it!
Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump)
August 5, 2018

I have said it since he started his campaign--
Trump is his own worst enemy and he has left a trail of breadcrumbs showing his complicity and guilty knowledge that only the wilfully blind can't follow...
The tweets, the public comments, the interviews, the private (if people were honest) conversations---
All of those show a man who will always reveal what he is most fearful of if you read/listen with attention...

But to get the guy into court is not going to be easy despite what appears to be overwhelming proof of his culpability in all this illegal activity...
He has escaped real justice all his life...
And he might just escape it now...
That is MY great fear...

Old 08-05-2018, 07:26 AM

Quote:
I prefer not to keep up, all this crap about who said what is completely retarded. My focus lies on meaningful things in my life. Russian collusion with politicians is at the bottom of my to do list.
And yet you are here on a Sunday morning...
Like Trump, you just can't resist...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies