Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-05-2018, 07:47 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,624,265 times

Advertisements

Of citizens of the USA and residents of California, that have to move for one reason or another, 91% are moving into neighboring states.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vxiTxSUgi34

It isn't just political party that #Walkaway

Or is it!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-05-2018, 08:28 AM

3,976 posts, read 1,990,933 times
They leave because housing is crazy expensive there.

But California Senator Kamala Harris is on the case! She (and and a bunch of other lefty types) want you and I to foot the California rent bill by taxing us on our fed taxes to cover California's rent.

https://nowthisnews.com/videos/polit...ent-relief-act

Old 08-05-2018, 08:30 AM

25,732 posts, read 18,809,520 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Of citizens of the USA and residents of California, that have to move for one reason or another, 91% are moving into neighboring states.
Well, that kind of sucks for the rest of us, don't you think?

Build a wall.

Old 08-05-2018, 08:35 AM

3,976 posts, read 1,990,933 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisC View Post
Well, that kind of sucks for the rest of us, don't you think?

Build a wall.
I know a bunck of folks in Arizona that dont like it at all.

Old 08-05-2018, 08:37 AM

4,540 posts, read 2,784,951 times
When did everyone start confusing "losing" with "loosing."

Old 08-05-2018, 08:42 AM

25,303 posts, read 21,458,447 times
I’m actually surprised more people aren’t leaving .

Thing is that they are people replaced by higher income people for the most part .

The middle class is pretty much gone . It’s pretty much high income earners and the very wealthy served by an illegal alien underclass to do their landscaping , home maintaining, nannying , etc

Going to be interesting to see how things play out .

Old 08-05-2018, 08:43 AM

36,853 posts, read 17,363,818 times
How old was that baby in the video (I despise the little monsters therefore it's hard for me to tell their ages)?

I ask because that couple lived in Oceano right on the coast in SLO county, had a kid, then decided within 2? years it was too expensive?

I understand how tough it is here. I'm here in the middle of it as a transplant.

But this one seems like it's on them. Did they try going inland a bit? I'd love to live in Malibu or Santa Monica but I'm "stuck" a few miles east of downtown L.A.

Of course the taxes and regulations are horrible...and I sympathize but this ain't Butte. The competition is fierce AF.

Old 08-05-2018, 08:50 AM

36,853 posts, read 17,363,818 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jm1982 View Post
I’m actually surprised more people aren’t leaving .

Thing is that they are people replaced by higher income people for the most part .

The middle class is pretty much gone . It’s pretty much high income earners and the very wealthy served by an illegal alien underclass to do their landscaping , home maintaining, nannying , etc

Going to be interesting to see how things play out .
If you get the chance as a fun experiment take the 534 bus from SM to Malibu and back. I think it runs all the way to Zuma Beach near that Chevron station.

It's packed with service industry workers, all Mexicans, going to and from work out in Malibu.

Old 08-05-2018, 08:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
How old was that baby in the video (I despise the little monsters therefore it's hard for me to tell their ages)?

I ask because that couple lived in Oceano right on the coast in SLO county, had a kid, then decided within 2? years it was too expensive?

I understand how tough it is here. I'm here in the middle of it as a transplant.

But this one seems like it's on them. Did they try going inland a bit? I'd love to live in Malibu or Santa Monica but I'm "stuck" a few miles east of downtown L.A.

Of course the taxes and regulations are horrible...and I sympathize but this ain't Butte. The competition is fierce AF.
Yeah does seem kind of weird since they owned . Not like they had a big rent hike . Also property taxes in CA pretty much fixed do to Prop 13 .

At the end it says they got a “10 percent raise “ by moving to Arizona .. maybe they have family there or something ? ..

Doesn’t seem really worth it to move for 10 percent . Seems there is more to the story maybe ..

Did it mention when they bought the house ?

I think all the talk from politicians both dem and Republican about making CA more affordable is mostly talk .
Prices are so high at this point they’d have to go down drastically to actually be affordable for most .

I think in L.A only 24 percent of households can afford the median priced home .
In SF it’s worse at like 12 percent .

I agree the best thing is to move if it doesn’t make sense . Other states have become more competitive and interesting these days . California and NY aren’t the only game in town .

Old 08-05-2018, 09:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
If you get the chance as a fun experiment take the 534 bus from SM to Malibu and back. I think it runs all the way to Zuma Beach near that Chevron station.

It's packed with service industry workers, all Mexicans, going to and from work out in Malibu.
Yeah I used to do the commute from the valley to Brentwood .

It seemed every other vehicle was a pickup driven by a landscaper (lawn mower etc in bed of pickup )
These houses in Brentwood would have so much landscaping they’d have people working on it everyday it seemed , not the once a week .
Of course also big walls and gates .. and armed patrol security signs on their lawns .

Then there would be the housekeepers and nannies you’d see taking the bus or walking .

If daytime population in Brentwood and the west side is probably 80% low income Hispanic.
A good amount illegal alien as there are 1 million illegals between L.A and OC .. that’s according to the L.A Times not a “far right “ publication .
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies