Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-05-2018, 02:36 PM

4,005 posts, read 2,079,774 times

Advertisements

Jayden Myrick, who was arrested in the shooting last month, was “the big test case” for reforming juvenile offenders outside of adult prison, Fulton County Superior Court Judge Doris Downs told the teenager.

I guess he failed to mention to her that he didn't give a crap about juveniles being reformed outside of adult prison. That is a low down dirty shame to allow himself to mess that up for ALL juveniles that follow him.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-05-2018, 02:59 PM

30,612 posts, read 18,192,641 times
While I don't know that the judge is a leftist, this was a leftist decision. And, note, she is an elected judge from Fulton County (90% of the City of Atlanta is in Fulton County), which gives 2/3 of its vote to the Dem presidential nominee every four years. Still, I'm not sure exactly how Fulton County elects judges (at a county level vs. a district level, etc.), so don't know for sure whether the judge is a leftist on the whole or just via this decision. Judging by this decision alone, however, I'd bet that she is a leftist.

Edit: given that this judge seriously considered challenging the Fulton County District Attorney (a Democrat serving in an overwhelmingly Democrat county), I think this is even more proof that she is a leftist. After all, I doubt that a conservative, incumbent judge would seriously mount a challenge in a general election (the challenge would likely be a primary challenge) in an overwhelmingly leftist Democrat county: https://www.ajc.com/news/local/downs...4OKJT2u2JIo4N/

Last edited by prospectheightsresident; 08-05-2018 at 03:08 PM..

Old 08-05-2018, 02:59 PM

26,212 posts, read 19,509,699 times
It was incredibly naive of the judge to put so much trust into basically one woman who ran this small time operation that had no employees. She trusted that this teen would be monitored 24/7? Please, he's a teenaged gang banger, he is not gonna sit around someones house and watch TV.

Quote:
“I’ve got your name etched in the back of my head,” the judge said. “I go to sleep at night and I’m wondering where you are and what you are up to … [The prosecutor] says we’ve made the mistake of a lifetime, and I’m hoping we’re right.”
Judge showed terrible judgement. Inexcusable.

Old 08-05-2018, 03:07 PM

16,911 posts, read 10,582,210 times
The “judge” needs to be the next one tried for murder.

Old 08-05-2018, 03:42 PM

19,832 posts, read 12,086,768 times
If the judge had performed the slightest research on the “rehab”, she would have deduced the woman and her sham organization was not fit to monitor and rehabilitate a felon. The website had been shut down, the owner’s son is a convicted felon, the owner has a long list of financial troubles including liens due to $33,000 in unpaid taxes, etc.

Old 08-05-2018, 04:37 PM

11,974 posts, read 25,462,489 times
Near me a student brought a gun to school and open fire in a hall way, another student was injured by the bullet. Only a couple months in jail. Shooter ended up shot and paralyzed in a drug deal a couple months later.

Old 08-05-2018, 10:26 PM

5 posts, read 5,815 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay F View Post
I predict this kind of thing is going to happen more and more often. We are unfortunately going through a soft on crime period right now. There are many people and organizations out there who love criminals and want them out of prison. This is a shame because having the highest incarceration rate in the world was a smashing success as our crime rate plummeted because of it.
I agree with you

Old 08-06-2018, 12:41 AM

4,696 posts, read 5,819,383 times
Their love and compassion towards dangerous predators (and not the victims) is perhaps the most insidious part of liberalism.

Old 08-06-2018, 04:35 PM

6,835 posts, read 2,397,655 times
If this judge is a Leftist and the parolee fatally shot her in the chest, bleeding-heart becomes literal in this case.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies