Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-14-2018, 09:27 AM

19,718 posts, read 10,121,382 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
Why only Black crime? Why not crack down on ALL violent crimes no matter who does it? If you are suggesting we need some dictatorship/police state that targets only Blscks, you show yourself to be a threat to those who love the freedoms we have in America.
Yes they should crack down on all. But FBI stats show that blacks commit more violent crimes than whites percentagewise.

Old 08-14-2018, 09:32 AM

25,847 posts, read 16,525,824 times
If we continue to allow children to be ruined in terrible households with terrible mentors we may as well do ammo drops and help them along.

Old 08-14-2018, 12:49 PM

73,008 posts, read 62,598,043 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Floorist View Post
Yes they should crack down on all. But FBI stats show that blacks commit more violent crimes than whites percentagewise.
I do not care what the FBI stats say. I know what the say and I'm not in denial of it. That isn't my point, nor do I care. I care about this: You commit a crime, you're a criminals, regardless of what your race is. Is there that much of a difference between a Black murderer and a White murderer?

Old 08-14-2018, 01:06 PM

6,160 posts, read 5,711,339 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by drro View Post
The first step in addressing the problems is to understand why people are engaging in these daily shootings. What is their motivation? What makes them tick? What has caused the sudden outburst of violence in Chicago after a relatively peaceful first half of the year when crime actually seemed to be on the decrease?

It's clear that it's gang related but what is the underlying cause? A drug epidemic? Turf wars? Or are there external factors contributing like the weather, is there something in the water, is the Cabrini Green spirit resurging, or is lunar activity a contributing factor?
In many cases it's retaliation for another shooting, someone who was talking trash, or over some Air Jordans (I'm dead serious about this).

You know those road raging lunatics who will threaten to kill you over something as dumb as a turn signal? These shootings are like that, just multiplied by 100.

Old 08-14-2018, 01:44 PM

63,919 posts, read 46,731,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roscoe Conkling View Post
A proactive and overwhelming crackdown on black crime with punitive sentences passed down by courts for possession of drugs and weapons.

Politically,however,it's impossible.
What do you mean by crackdown? Why only black crime?

CPD took 8000 guns off the streets last year. Most were unlicensed/ permitted and happened in 5 out of 25 Police Districts that trend the most violent.

The state, not the city, is responsible for sentencing and parole.

Last edited by middle-aged mom; 08-14-2018 at 01:54 PM..

Old 08-14-2018, 01:49 PM

63,919 posts, read 46,731,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
If we continue to allow children to be ruined in terrible households with terrible mentors we may as well do ammo drops and help them along.
There is no prerequisite to be a bio mother or father.

Courts everywhere strive to keep US families together. Would children be better off “ in the system” and bouncing around in foster homes?

I don’t know.

Old 08-14-2018, 10:25 PM

5,606 posts, read 3,510,660 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
I do not care what the FBI stats say. I know what the say and I'm not in denial of it. That isn't my point, nor do I care. I care about this: You commit a crime, you're a criminals, regardless of what your race is. Is there that much of a difference between a Black murderer and a White murderer?
All police forces target resources where the real problems lie.
It's pointless having a proactive and overwhelming crackdown on middle-class suburbs because unless you know any different that ain't where the murdering and drug-dealing is taking place.

This is the political impediment that I mentioned - start targeting the real scumbags with shock and awe and BLM will be on the streets quicker than a Caddy on a drive-in shooting.

But hey,as long as it's thugs blasting the crap outta other thugs,there's one less thing to worry about when they chew on hot lead.

Old 08-19-2018, 10:30 AM

24,623 posts, read 9,454,674 times
46 people have been shot in Chicago since Friday, this weekend.

The left will call that progress. They sure do know how to keep their constituents safe. Looks like loyalty to the Democratic Party has yet to pay off.

Glad to see the 8 year term of a community organizer really inspired these communities to finally change for the better.

Last edited by Rocko20; 08-19-2018 at 10:39 AM..

Old 08-19-2018, 10:38 AM

9,469 posts, read 10,803,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gladhands View Post
I stopped reading at “savages”, then asked myself what I was expecting when I clicked this post.
The kinds of people and the violent behavior they are engaged in makes the use of the word “savages” spot on. Only savages can unleash that kind of violence on the kind of level seen up in Chicago. I agree with the idea of sending in the national guard, time to restore order. If it takes a lot of violence to bring these thugs into check then so be it. In the end we must remember what it must be like for normal folks that have to live in those neighborhoods, society owes it to them to make their streets safe. If Chicago is not brought under control it will meet the same fate as its midwestern neighbor Detroit. The end game is ruin and abandonment as anyone who has seen the ruins of Detroit can tell you. That cannot be allowed to happen to the third biggest city in America.

Old 08-19-2018, 01:56 PM

31,340 posts, read 14,262,240 times
Gee. And they have tough gun laws. What does that tell you?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies