Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-09-2018, 01:53 PM

63,919 posts, read 46,483,367 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdAilment View Post
Wrong, you can conceal carry in Chicago. Have been able to for several years now.
I posted nothing to the contrary.

Prior to 2013, C/C was banned in the entire state. Nothing unique to Chicago.

C/C in the state requires a permit, as it does in most states.

Old 08-09-2018, 03:06 PM

17,273 posts, read 9,492,946 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Floorist View Post
I have worked with some very good black people and we have discussed the "hood". And I had a black employee, one reason I could go in safely.
Lol, go in safely? Boy did you have a false sense of security. I work on the north side of my city where the majority of the crime occurs. It is a HUGE advantage to be a white female there, they will never mess with you. I would never put my black coworker in that area because he WILL get messed with & his safety would be in danger.

Old 08-09-2018, 03:12 PM

12,688 posts, read 6,688,059 times
We should respond by doing something truly meaningful ... like kicking Alex Jones off of Twitter or banning Lauren Southern from entering the United States. That'll fix everything!

Old 08-09-2018, 03:16 PM

72,817 posts, read 62,167,325 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefragile View Post
Lol, go in safely? Boy did you have a false sense of security. I work on the north side of my city where the majority of the crime occurs. It is a HUGE advantage to be a white female there, they will never mess with you. I would never put my black coworker in that area because he WILL get messed with & his safety would be in danger.
There are parts of Los Angeles where if a Black person went there, he or she might get killed, especially many parts of East Los Angeles.

Old 08-09-2018, 03:17 PM

61,289 posts, read 87,134,660 times
Where is BLM when we need them
I keep waiting for Whoopi to come to the rescue on the view but not a word
Signed a Chicago native

Old 08-09-2018, 03:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
Where is BLM when we need them
I keep waiting for Whoopi to come to the rescue on the view but not a word
Signed a Chicago native
Police brutality and Black on Black violence are two different issues. BLM is about police brutality. This is why I don't expect BLM to talk about Black on Black violence. Those that do protest against Black on Black violence, who actually do care, they do not get much recognition. I don't expect Whoopi to talk about it. I don't watch The View either.

Old 08-09-2018, 03:32 PM

2,258 posts, read 1,125,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roscoe Conkling View Post
Don't mind me bro - I'm just pointing out that the rest of the country sits back and watches blacks killing blacks with detachment because it doesn't affect them.
It's only when black people in Chicago decide they've had enough of blaming the cops and realise that blacks killing blacks is a lot more serious problem than cops killing the occasional black person.
In the meantime you carry on with your head in the sand.
Once again, all complaints, no genuine concern for the causes violence, and no ideas , solutions, or even going to the area to try and find a solution. Just hot air on a forum. Getting absolutely nothing done, just like the people there killing themselves. Just frothing yourself up.

You just like to complain about black people. Just admit it.

Old 08-09-2018, 03:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Hemi View Post
Once again, all complaints, no genuine concern for the causes violence, and no ideas , solutions, or even going to the area to try and find a solution. Just hot air on a forum. Getting absolutely nothing done, just like the people there killing themselves. Just frothing yourself up.

You just like to complain about black people. Just admit it.
Agreed. This is what I have been talking about. I get if someone has a true concern. However, I feel like the #1 time Black on Black murder or Black crime gets mentioned is as a mechanism to complain about Black people.

Old 08-09-2018, 03:53 PM

13,586 posts, read 13,047,379 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
Agreed. This is what I have been talking about. I get if someone has a true concern. However, I feel like the #1 time Black on Black murder or Black crime gets mentioned is as a mechanism to complain about Black people.
That is because it is 100% true. Trust your gut.

And for those reading this, Green Mariner is one of the nicest people on this site. Has bared his heart about his own struggles, and never attacked anyone.

The same cannot be said for me.

Signed- Skinny white gal from the desert.

Old 08-09-2018, 05:30 PM

19,666 posts, read 9,985,064 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
There are parts of Los Angeles where if a Black person went there, he or she might get killed, especially many parts of East Los Angeles.
Several places in KC and St Louis where a white person should steer clear of. My employee grew up in a KC gang area.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies