Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-06-2018, 09:40 AM

36,853 posts, read 17,360,513 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
Predictable outcomes of the drug war, welfare and wage controls
The government just needs to "socially engineer harder".

Maybe more taxes, laws, and regulations are in order.

Crime reform, version 8567489338573.0

Old 08-06-2018, 09:44 AM

482 posts, read 242,304 times
Honestly, who cares?

It's not like anyone is forcing these people to live there, and if they're too dumb to vote out the idiot politicians who create the vacuum for this type of BS violence through their "feel good" policies, I really can't feel too bad.

The majority of these people getting smoked are just your typical street thugs. I would rather them get taken care of like that then to keep them in cages for long periods of time on the taxpayer's dime. Honestly, they should just remove all LE from the South-side and supply these people with crates of surplus AK-47's and ammo........Shrugs shoulders

Old 08-06-2018, 09:44 AM

36,853 posts, read 17,360,513 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefragile View Post
Huh. I just spent 3 nights in Chicago last weekend, had the best weekend of my life. Spent time downtown & in Wrigleyville. Used the L everyday. And I’m alive!! How can that be? According to the usual predictable suspects on here, I should’ve been shot dead because the city is out of control!!! Lol, just shut up about Chicago already. You guys are a yawn of a broken record.
It's impossible to have the best three days of your life in Chicago unless you've been in a gulag for the past 20 years.

Try Sedona, Taos, Joshua Tree or a very remote part of Malibu next time. They get the job done.

Old 08-06-2018, 09:49 AM

5,472 posts, read 3,224,649 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
You might recall Dwayne Wade’s cousin, unmarried mother of 4, was shot and killed while pushing a stroller in Chicago.

An Uber driver had dropped off some women at an apartment complex and waited outside for the return trip. A hood rat spotted him and called his brother to bring a gun. Words were exchanged and the Uber driver ran for his life with the brothers in pursuit firing at him. They did not notice the woman pushing the stroller who was between them and the target.

Most of this was captured on video. There is no question who did it. The brothers were apprehended. Both were convicted felons. One wore an ankle monitor that was turned off a few hours a day so he could look for a job. When independently asked why they pursued the Uber driver, both said “ I did not know”. Believe them.

The woman who was shot and died could have used her housing voucher to live anywhere in Cook County. She chose the most dangerous block in the most dangerous district because that’s where her community of friends/ family lived.

No shortage of people within this community blamed the mayor and superindendent of Police for her death.
You certainly don't want to get into identifying particular's because you will be dismayed at the truths that come forth.

Quote:
Just to give you a bit of info.... Here's the FBI Stats.

Arrests, by Race and Ethnicity, 2016

*In 2016, 69.6 percent of all individuals arrested were White, 26.9 percent were Black or African American, and 3.6 percent were of other races.
*Of arrestees for whom ethnicity was reported, 18.4 percent were Hispanic.
*Of all juveniles (persons under the age of 18) arrested in 2016, 62.1 percent were White, 34.7 percent were Black or African American, and 3.2 percent were of other races.
*Of juvenile arrestees for whom ethnicity was reported, 22.8 percent were Hispanic.
*Of all adults arrested in 2016, 70.2 percent were White, 26.2 percent were Black or African American, and 3.6 percent were of other races.
*Of adult arrestees for whom ethnicity was reported, 18.0 were Hispanic.
**White individuals were arrested more often for violent crimes than individuals of any other race and accounted for 59.0 percent of those arrests.*
*Of adults arrested for murder, 52.0 percent were Black or African American, 45.4 percent were White, and 2.6 percent were of other races.
*Black or African American juveniles comprised 52.0 percent of all juveniles arrested for violent crimes. White juveniles accounted for 58.4 percent of all juveniles arrested for property crimes.
*Of juveniles arrested for drug abuse violations, 74.8 percent were White.
*White juveniles comprised 64.7 percent of juveniles arrested for rape and 60.2 percent of juveniles arrested for larceny-theft.
Crimes by State - FBI Crime Stats

All the spin and madness that ignores fact and push prejudice, do nothing but put their ignorance on front and center stage.

Now for any spewing prejudiced ignorance, go tell the FBI they are wrong and see how that works out.

Old 08-06-2018, 09:51 AM

17,273 posts, read 9,558,442 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
It's impossible to have the best three days of your life in Chicago unless you've been in a gulag for the past 20 years.

Try Sedona, Taos, Joshua Tree or a very remote part of Malibu next time. They get the job done.
No, it’s possible, because I did.

Old 08-06-2018, 09:54 AM

1,834 posts, read 2,695,348 times
Chicago is Democrat.

Old 08-06-2018, 09:54 AM

5,472 posts, read 3,224,649 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by spider99 View Post
Honestly, who cares?

It's not like anyone is forcing these people to live there, and if they're too dumb to vote out the idiot politicians who create the vacuum for this type of BS violence through their "feel good" policies, I really can't feel too bad.

The majority of these people getting smoked are just your typical street thugs. I would rather them get taken care of like that then to keep them in cages for long periods of time on the taxpayer's dime. Honestly, they should just remove all LE from the South-side and supply these people with crates of surplus AK-47's and ammo........Shrugs shoulders
That's exactly why people who think like you will never hold a public office and likely should not be given any position of public responsibility.

It might be advisable for you to learn the truth about the rural crime, you might find that you are not in some areas that is immune to anything.

Old 08-06-2018, 09:56 AM

45,226 posts, read 26,437,203 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefragile View Post
No, it’s possible, because I did.
You spent three days as a tourist traversing safe havens and feel qualified to comment on crime in the city as a whole?

Old 08-06-2018, 09:57 AM

17,273 posts, read 9,558,442 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
Um... the people of Chicago are saying it's out of control. But as long as you are OK and had a great time, nothing else is real.

Chicago appeals for help after dozens shot over weekend
Um, your article mentions police requesting more help. Where is this “the people” bit? Also, the article also says the crime has decreased from last year & also the crime is mostly relegated to 2 areas, which is basically how it is in every larger city. This constant scare tactic of claiming the whole of Chicago is out of control crime ridden is a bore.

Old 08-06-2018, 09:58 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,731,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post
I'm really confused.

Chicago has really strict gun laws. So why the violence?

Also, has BLM weighed in yet? Protests scheduled? David Hogg tweeting like crazy demanding even MORE gun laws for Chicago? Is he running for mayor to clean up the gun violence?

Yeah. that's what I thought.
Chicago does not clear Top Ten for gun violence.

Strict gun laws?

Guns cannot be legally bought/ sold in the city. No problem legally buying a gun in an adjacent suburb or Indiana. That’s the extent of strictness.

Illinois permits C/C with permit as do most states. Permitting requires 16 hours of firearm training, including live fire. Not a bad idea to require people to have a basic understanding of how to use a firearm, especially if they intend to C/C.

NRA predicted the gun violence in Chicago would substantially decline when the state was forced to allow C/C.
Looks like they were mistaken.

It is reasonable to assume nearly everyone is carrying, legal or otherwise, in the 5 most violent districts.
Most of the shootings take their victims by surprise. Sometimes a gun battle ensues. Shooting victims of rival gangs sometimes end up in the same ER at one of 6 Level 1 Trauma hospitals. These hospitals have special security protocols in place to prevent/ deter gang related retaliation on hospital premises.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies