Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-06-2018, 12:56 PM

76,975 posts, read 47,597,802 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Sounds like someone who voted for Scalise and is now anrgy because Scalise didn't deliver on his promises.

Clearly another crazy person.
Quote:
Originally Posted by trlhiker View Post
That is exactly what it sounds like.
I guess I'd be disappointed too if I had voted for them, and then watch the circus they created in DC. Of course I wouldn't go around threatening anyone.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-06-2018, 12:58 PM

14,888 posts, read 10,029,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMoreYouKnow View Post
Don't even try that stupidity, the guy lived in New York and threatened a few GOP lawmakers in different states. In the voicemail he also said something about "the people who sent you there" which refers to the people who did vote for these GOP lawmakers.

http://thehill.com/homenews/house/40...ammo-bomb-info

Womp womp.
Quote:
I guess I'd be disappointed too if I had voted for them, and then watch the circus they created in DC. Of course I wouldn't go around threatening anyone.
In case you missed the free education opportunity earlier.

Old 08-06-2018, 01:03 PM

15,713 posts, read 9,512,680 times
Quote:
Joe this thread was nothing more than a reply to another that implied that this was only happening on the right.
But most right thinking (read: correct) people already know this. The ones on the fringes of each party will likely never be convinced. Notice how many folks in this thread are trying to convince us the problem is really with the other party..... including you.

Old 08-06-2018, 01:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe the Photog View Post
But most right thinking (read: correct) people already know this. The ones on the fringes of each party will likely never be convinced. Notice how many folks in this thread are trying to convince us the problem is really with the other party..... including you.
Where did I say that?

Old 08-06-2018, 01:14 PM

68,327 posts, read 54,350,985 times
Quote:
You've been trying to get me to do what? Maybe you should actually ask someone for something if you want it.

How about something factual supporting your otherwise baseless allegation that " Threats from the Left-Wing Are Now More Frequent"?

Old 08-06-2018, 01:16 PM

15,713 posts, read 9,512,680 times
Quote:
Where did I say that?
I'm not going to get into a dance routine with you that you had going on earlier in the thread, so this is the only time I'll comment on this.
Quote:
Left Winger threatens to shoot and kill Steve Scalise, Threats from the Left-Wing Are Now More Frequent
It's classic deflection. People are posting about the president's "enemy of the people" comments and how it's going to get someone hurt, so you have to make this post about how "Threats from the Left-Wing Are Now More Frequent." I'm not going to argue against your opinion. (With a GOP Congress and Trump as president, I'm willing to assume left wingers might be more threatening right this moment.)

Old 08-06-2018, 01:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe the Photog View Post
I'm not going to get into a dance routine with you that you had going on earlier in the thread, so this is the only time I'll comment on this.

It's classic deflection. People are posting about the president's "enemy of the people" comments and how it's going to get someone hurt, so you have to make this post about how "Threats from the Left-Wing Are Now More Frequent." I'm not going to argue against your opinion. (With a GOP Congress and Trump as president, I'm willing to assume left wingers might be more threatening right this moment.)
My thread was related to this post, this has nothing to do with the "enemy of the people" comments.

Trump Supporter Called C-SPAN and Threatened to Shoot News Anchors. Threats from the Right-Wing Are Now More Frequent

Old 08-06-2018, 01:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
How about something factual supporting your otherwise baseless allegation that " Threats from the Left-Wing Are Now More Frequent"?
Wait, factual points supporting baseless allegations are now required in every thread. Goodness, I wasn't aware.

Old 08-06-2018, 01:26 PM

17,778 posts, read 13,665,953 times
Quote:
Sounds like someone who voted for Scalise and is now anrgy because Scalise didn't deliver on his promises.

Clearly another crazy person.
On the thread about the CNN hosts being threatened our friend 4dognight posted this...…..

Quote:
I'll bet you they find out it was a leftist nut posing as right wing, or fake news. Wait for it.............

So maybe this guy was a RWNJ posing as a left winger just to make it even.

Old 08-06-2018, 01:30 PM

10,920 posts, read 6,905,438 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saltine View Post
I just watched a video of professors” teaching the need to destroy system because “white supremacy. Will the left continue down this nutty path?

Said the
I think it's a valid argument, though. Trump has destroyed our nation's ability to talk to one another.

He's not the only reason we are where we are today in terms of our national political discord - but he is a very large and significant contributor - probably the biggest.

Just pick any crazy as bonkers story you want from any front page today - try to imagine that story running 2, 3, 4 years ago. No one would have predicted this crazy climate. And I'm sorry, but the linkage to Trump is not coincidental.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies