Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-10-2018, 12:49 PM

15,071 posts, read 10,089,802 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by thecoalman View Post
For the record the only site Cloudflare has dropped is the Daily Stormer. The CEO cites their insinuation that Cloudflare supported their activities. I would imagine the purpose was to make a example of them so other sites don't make the same mistake.
Good to know that cloud flare doesnt make a habit of censoring..... They could do worse... But again it could result in a business backlash.

I think people spend too much energy looking for a hidden agenda when most of the time it'd simply business.

ICANN isn also a central and essential component of the internet that can make it difficult for traffic to a website... But I think they are under contract with the US government as well as non profit, so I surmise they don't have much latitude without penalty.

As for hackers, verasign that validates SSL certs is another central authority... I too think they are limited on what they can and cannot do.

I am in enterprise software that has a web front interface... Hackers and dealing with their exploits is a major pain.... Especially when I am more focused on the core functionality rather than security.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-10-2018, 01:04 PM

24,621 posts, read 19,152,432 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Naw, they all colluded to do it on the same day, when the content is different on each platform.
Anti-trust racketeering.
You don't understand the elements of proof for anti-trust actions.

You have to show that the power exists to control prices or exclude competition within the affected market.

Since YouTube's market is global, you couldn't possibly prove either point, even more so, since YouTube does not charge fees to upload videos.

The idiot Alex Jones cannot be a competitor with YouTube, since he uploads his lame videos there.

That's merely the first prong of a multi-prong test. Jones' claims wouldn't survive. Even a first semester student at a community college getting a paralegal certificate would be able to write a Motion to Dismiss.

Old 08-10-2018, 01:06 PM

247 posts, read 180,855 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqueg View Post
Please recast your post. So many bleeps it makes no sense.

Those are not bleeps censorship is kind of fun so I did it to myself.

Old 08-10-2018, 01:10 PM

23,856 posts, read 13,735,298 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TenKW View Post
So that pic you posted was of a party you recently attended? Well, OK then.

Old 08-10-2018, 01:12 PM

5,315 posts, read 2,111,534 times
Quote:
...on an Internet forum (a company) that helps you get your voice amplified. You (general) do have to follow their rules (TOS) since it's their's and they don't have to let you(which is what happened here....Alex Jones didnt follow rules).

It's different than censoring the Internet itself. One is a right and the other isn't.

And you just used your megaphone to censor yourself. *Shrug*

Last edited by latimeria; 08-10-2018 at 01:29 PM..

Old 08-10-2018, 01:22 PM

8,196 posts, read 2,841,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqueg View Post
Please recast your post. So many bleeps it makes no sense.
Isn't that the point?

Old 08-10-2018, 01:39 PM

34,938 posts, read 36,231,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4dognight View Post
Isn't that the point?
No... because there are other ways to express one's point without getting it censored by a site owner so thoroughly that nobody knows what you are saying and pretty much elects not to care what you are saying and forgets you exist.

Who were we talking about again?

Old 08-10-2018, 01:40 PM

34,938 posts, read 36,231,960 times
Quote:
I'll play along. People self-censor all the time. I know I do it on here enough.

Old 08-10-2018, 02:17 PM

8,196 posts, read 2,841,675 times
Yes. I self censor here as well. Bigly. I assumed the poster was making a point that too much censorship can create a one sided discussion which would be pointless.

Old 08-10-2018, 09:30 PM

38,936 posts, read 23,880,244 times
Here is a big lesson from Tech Check, a segment on 92.3 KTAR's (Phoenix News Radio) morning news from about 7:18 AM today. Free Speech ONLY applies to the government intervening. Private companies are not subject to denying someone's right to free speech. A man can get censored, banned or permabanned without prejudice for breaking TOS whether it is hates peech, lies or defamatory material. Even trolling, flaming and ever-baiting.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies