Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-14-2018, 08:55 AM

23,856 posts, read 13,746,928 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
So wait, Christian baker business owners can deny business but social media platforms can't? Either businesses can deny service or they can't... What is so hard about that?
The horn that is goring BB’s favorite ox.

He is twisting himself into a pretzel here.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-14-2018, 09:14 AM

18,323 posts, read 10,661,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
No conflation happening. You are simply trying to spin things. And you are failing.
The OP often does.

Old 08-14-2018, 09:25 AM

5,315 posts, read 2,113,297 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by G1.. View Post
The OP often does.
I've lost track of all the "arguments" tried in this thread. Still quite amused at conservatives in here and elsewhere (not all, of course) now crying for more governmental interference into businesses.

Old 08-14-2018, 09:32 AM

9,254 posts, read 3,585,801 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqueg View Post
The horn that is goring BB’s favorite ox.

He is twisting himself into a pretzel here.
BB just throws out conspiracy nonsense and inapplicable things regularly, but this time he has rubbished his own free-market principles in the process. I don't think many posters are going to let him forget this thread in the future.

Old 08-14-2018, 09:38 AM

34,938 posts, read 36,253,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4dognight View Post
Yes. I self censor here as well. Bigly. I assumed the poster was making a point that too much censorship can create a one sided discussion which would be pointless.
I think there are plenty of people representing various sides of any political discussion to be found on YouTube.

Alex Jones isn't the entire voice of conspiracy lunacy.

Old 08-14-2018, 09:38 AM

12,566 posts, read 10,616,175 times
I still love it that Jones is still banned. It just burns quite a few on here.

Old 08-14-2018, 10:06 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,617,602 times
Quote:
First of all, Infowars is a marketing business. It puts forth bizarre conspiracy theories that cater to the paranoid amongst us, in order to sell vitamin supplements and survivalist items. The websites have not created a cartel. There is no evidence that they communicated with one another. They simply have terms of service that Jones repeatedly violated. When one company chose to take action, it encouraged others to take action. However, there are numerous websites on the internet, and Jones is free to seek out new podiums for his ridiculous theories.

It is a Federally Licensed Media Corporation.

Old 08-14-2018, 10:09 AM

21,430 posts, read 7,455,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmyy View Post
I still love it that Jones is still banned. It just burns quite a few on here.
Their heads are exploding and they are resorting to arguments one seldom hears from so-called 'conservatives'.

Old 08-14-2018, 10:14 AM

6,474 posts, read 4,073,055 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4dognight View Post
I am okay with private companies allowing what they want to and banning what they don't want.

FB and YT are pretty big businesses who allow extreme views when it suits them.
They do need to have to specify that they are pro censorship.
Once they lose advertising over banning conservative voices, they may change their minds, or disappear altogether.

This isn't just about Alex Jones.
It’s funny because the opposite was happening. Read about Adpocalypse as the Youtubers call it. Right wingers became bigger and bigger on YouTube and since YouTube is the home of the Alt-Right on the internet (watch a video completely unrelated to race mention one thing about race and the comment section will be flooded with commented saying everything from a simple right wing view to black people are monkeys). Advertisers realize they don’t want their ad showing before a toxic video (Most of these were right wing by the way) so these companies started pulling ads until YouTube do something about it. I mean most companies don’t want their Ad playing before ‘Why Naziism is the Answer’. Right wingers especially Alex Jones should be rejoicing seeing as they were literally killing YouTube and YouTube was barely doing anything about it. Today many of the long time youtubers have seen their paycheck cut in half because of Ad revenue and they don’t post anything political at all. If YouTube was smart they should have banned Alex Jones when he was getting sued for defaming a man in California by labeling him the Parkland Shooter. Alex Jones has broken the terms of agreement on YouTube several times and for some reason they refused to terminate him till now. They also stuck with Pewdiepie after he screamed the N-word. If anything Alex Jones should be happy YouTube was so lenient with him leading to massive loses for some of the biggest meme era of the YouTube community. I imagine even right-leaning YouTubers would be pretty pissed seeing their paycheck cut in half even with growth on their channel due to extremists on the right chasing advertisers away.

Old 08-14-2018, 10:17 AM

41,957 posts, read 75,183,468 times
Quote:
First of all, Infowars is a marketing business. It puts forth bizarre conspiracy theories that cater to the paranoid amongst us, in order to sell vitamin supplements and survivalist items. The websites have not created a cartel. There is no evidence that they communicated with one another. They simply have terms of service that Jones repeatedly violated. When one company chose to take action, it encouraged others to take action. However, there are numerous websites on the internet, and Jones is free to seek out new podiums for his ridiculous theories.
Stop making sense! LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
It just makes you look like you don't know what you are talking about.
*snort*

Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
It is a Federally Licensed Media Corporation.
If InfoWars is a "Federally Licensed Media Corporation", then ...

Which federal department issues the license? What is the name of the license? What does the license allow InfoWars to do and not do?

Do tell us more!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies