U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-06-2018, 05:00 PM

10,869 posts, read 10,561,265 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by beb0p View Post
Why would antifa goes after an immigrant???????????????????????????????????

That makes no sense. That's like saying a a right-winger going after the KKK or Lindsey Lohan beating up her drug supplier. That imagination is completely illogical.

But I am not familiar with right-wing Alternative Reality, so I digress.

Face it, antifa would go after ANYONE holding a trump sign. I'd doubt a republican sign would trigger them any less.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-06-2018, 05:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisC View Post
Face it, antifa would go after ANYONE holding a trump sign. I'd doubt a republican sign would trigger them any less.
For example:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IO9xtfR83Ec

Old 08-06-2018, 05:04 PM

10,930 posts, read 5,034,203 times
Quote:
Uh huh.

And again - who did this?

https://www.modbee.com/news/local/cr...216115355.html
Quote:
A popular post on Facebook shared the image of the pickup, which was spray painted in large black letters with the words “Go back to ur country” alongside a Celtic cross. The image is a well-known white supremacist symbol, according to the Anti-Defamation League which tracks anti-Semitic and other hate crimes across the country.
Obviously these disgusting pieces of garbage don't represent any "side" - but it's likely time to come to grips with the details of this case.

If you want to talk about "antifa", there are plenty of threads for that.

Old 08-06-2018, 05:06 PM

9,622 posts, read 5,939,901 times
Quote:
There were NO Trump sign, the signs are for a local GOP politician that probably doesn't even identify that person as a Republican.

I know of a staunch conservative, die hard Trump fan, who happens to be Chinese. She was with her family out and about when a couple of white Trump supporters harassed them and told them to go back to their country and how Trump is going to destroy China with tariff. She was shaken up but blames the Democrats that runs the city. I call it an Own Goal.

Old 08-06-2018, 05:08 PM

30,065 posts, read 47,304,581 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roboteer View Post
The leftist violence is building.

The Democrat know they are on the verge of getting voted out of existence as a political party. And some of them apparently feel that violence is preferable to yielding to the will of the people in America.

How much worse will their hate and murderous attacks get, before they are finally defeated?

-------------------------------------------------

https://sacramento.cbslocal.com/2018...islaus-county/

Sikh Man Attacked, Told To ‘Go Back To Your Country’ In Stanislaus County

August 6, 2018 at 1:59 am

KEYES (CBS13) – A well-known member of the Stanislaus County community was brutally beaten while placing campaign signs, and police are investigating it as a hate crime.

It was Tuesday night in Keyes and 50-year-old Surjit Malhi had just placed his last sign at the corner of Foote and Keyes when he came upon two men waiting for him as returned to his truck. “As soon as I saw them they threw sand in my eyes,” Malhi said.

And that was just the beginning of the attack. The two men proceeded to beat Malhi in the head, shoulders and neck. “And I cleared my eyes and I saw them,” Malhi said.

Blue eyes peeking through black hoodies is what he saw. And as the beating continued his attackers shouted, “Go back to your country!”

The same message, along with hate symbols, were spray painted on his truck. Malhi, the entire time, fearing for his life.
That was no Democrat doing the beating...

Old 08-06-2018, 05:10 PM

26,585 posts, read 19,023,480 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
And who else would scream “Go back to your country!” than a Trump supporter?
this fine woman for one.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.cnn...les/index.html

Old 08-06-2018, 05:14 PM

9,622 posts, read 5,939,901 times
Quote:

THIS is a Republican sign? How?

Is it the "Jeff" that gives it away he is a Republican???????

See the actual lawn sign

Old 08-06-2018, 05:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by beb0p View Post
THIS is a Republican sign? How?

Is it the "Jeff" that gives it away he is a Republican???????

If you are trying to imply innocence because the perpetrators cant read and can't figure out which candidate is which... then I guess I'll have to just admit it... I wouldn't be a damn bit surprised.

Let me ask you this: if you are driving down a highway, presumably paying attention to your driving and you saw someone placing signs along the road, would you notice the signs or the person placing them in detail?

(note: I don't expect you to be honest here, but the answer is fairly obvious anyway)

Old 08-06-2018, 05:26 PM

10,930 posts, read 5,034,203 times
Quote:
If you are trying to imply innocence because the perpetrators cant read and can't figure out which candidate is which... then I guess I'll have to just admit it... I wouldn't be a damn bit surprised.

Let me ask you this: if you are driving down a highway, presumably paying attention to your driving and you saw someone placing signs along the road, would you notice the signs or the person placing them in detail?

(note: I don't expect you to be honest here, but the answer is fairly obvious anyway)
It really doesn't matter what beb0p would notice - it matters what the pieces of garbage noticed when they attacked the victim.

And honestly - it could have been anything that triggered them. I don't know why you believe it was the sign over how they looked. It really depends on the person to what they notice.

And if they are going around tagging cars of victims with White Supremacy logos, I have hard time believing it was the sign that triggered them considering the way the victim looked.

Let's not mince words - people mistake Sikh's for Muslims all of the time - I have a few Sikh friends that have gotten their fair share of annoying comments thrown at them in their life simply for looking like a Muslim - as if being Muslim is even something one should worry about? It's sad but true.

I think we can all agree that these people are garbage and deserve whatever comes to them. They don't represent people I know in the Central Valley at all, even if most of those people that I know are very conservative.

I really don't know why this is the hill you're deciding to die on.

Old 08-06-2018, 05:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyMac18 View Post
I really don't know why this is the hill you're deciding to die on.
It's really nothing out of the ordinary for about 90% of the people who post here, is it? Everyone digs their heels in, whether they are right or wrong.

Besides, sailing under a false flag is probably about as likely for antifa people as it is for nazis. They are one and the same other than who they direct their hatred towards.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or