U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-06-2018, 05:38 PM

9,628 posts, read 5,951,774 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisC View Post
If you are trying to imply innocence because the perpetrators cant read and can't figure out which candidate is which... then I guess I'll have to just admit it... I wouldn't be a damn bit surprised.

Let me ask you this: if you are driving down a highway, presumably paying attention to your driving and you saw someone placing signs along the road, would you notice the signs or the person placing them in detail?

(note: I don't expect you to be honest here, but the answer is fairly obvious anyway)

No, I never implied the attackers couldn't read or figure out which candidate is which, those are irrelevant. I am saying the attackers didn't care about anything except for the color of the victim's skin.

But to answer your dumb question - I wouldn't notice either the person or the signs. I basically just notice other cars, gas stations or food places when I'm driving. Everything else I just tune out.

To right-wing racists inching to beat up an immigrant though, they would most certainly notice the man who was an easy target.

To my toddler niece, she would notice any and all dogs being walked on the street or in other cars. You could put a bring neon sign flashing right by the side of the road and she'd still see first and foremost the tiny terrier taking a stroll.

To my kid nephew, he'd notice all the red cars on the street and parked on the driveways. Especially those that resemble Lighting McQueen.

It's all a matter of perspective, son.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-06-2018, 05:47 PM

22,325 posts, read 9,489,425 times
When they catch the guys, let's revisit this thread. It was not about signs. My money is on alt right white supremacist ignoramuses.

Sikhs in the US have been getting attacked since 9/11.

Ignorant bigots cannot tell the difference between a Sikh and a Muslim, and we pretty much know what kind of moron attacks them--it's not Antifa.

https://www.cnn.com/2016/09/14/us/si...ist/index.html

Old 08-06-2018, 05:54 PM

22,760 posts, read 16,841,238 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe the Photog View Post
So instead of posting that it's wrong to resort to physical violence and we hope the bad guys get the punishment they deserve, both sides are instead pointing fingers and blaming their political opposition? Wecome to 2018 America. SMH
Because this IS political.

Old 08-06-2018, 06:14 PM

9,628 posts, read 5,951,774 times
Default More information has came out.

The attackers spray painted a Nazi symbol on the victim's truck.

Is there any doubt that this is a right-wing racists' attacks?????

Quote:

Modesto police probe Sikh beating, neo-Nazi symbol as hate crime

Modesto police said Monday that they are looking for two men who beat a Sikh man and spray-painted a neo-Nazi symbol on his truck in what they’re calling a hate crime.

Malhi, 50, said the men screamed at him to “go back to your country” before spray-painting the same message and a white supremacist symbol on his truck. The men were wearing black hoods and had blue eyes, he said.

Old 08-07-2018, 05:31 AM

30,129 posts, read 47,361,961 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
1--the assailant was not caught
2--no way to tell political party w/o the assailant in custody
3--history shows that GOP, right-wing, neo-Nazis, Trump supporter are the ones anti-immigrant

Show one article in a legitimate news source where a Democrat has been guilty of attacking illegal immigrants

You can't
This deflection of yours is very suspicious of Russian trolls--creating dissention and straw-man arguments
This is a Q argument carried to the absurd

Old 08-07-2018, 05:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post
When they catch the guys, let's revisit this thread. It was not about signs. My money is on alt right white supremacist ignoramuses.

Sikhs in the US have been getting attacked since 9/11.

Ignorant bigots cannot tell the difference between a Sikh and a Muslim, and we pretty much know what kind of moron attacks them--it's not Antifa.

https://www.cnn.com/2016/09/14/us/si...ist/index.html
But blaming the innocent party you DON'T like for the crime your people committeed--
That is classic Russian orthodoxy for propaganda usage
So when you see posters here doing the same thing that Russian trolls did during the election and even now-because they are still in action to create dissention and heighten animosity between Americans you see Putin's hopes in action...

Old 08-07-2018, 05:45 AM

38,233 posts, read 14,941,272 times
This thread was clearly meant to create division.

But blaming Democrats for beating a Sikh man, screaming,“go back to your country,” and spray-painting Nazi symbol on his truck is just ridiculous.

And way too dimwitted to be a Russian operation.

Old 08-07-2018, 05:54 AM

7,023 posts, read 4,972,611 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisC View Post
He was campaigning for republicans. YOU figure it out.
I hate to admit this, but they DO have a point.

As much as Republicans hate anyone who looks or acts differently, and as much as they seem to preach "go back to your country", the DO consistently put party above God and country, so it is plausible that it was not R's who did this. (just plausible)

That does not mean it was D's. I'm just saying, if you look at the priorities on the right, they will consistently put their loyalty to party above all other values. I don't see why the values of hate, bigotry and and racism should be any different.

EDIT: More plausible that it was some Skinhead from the Charlottesville ilk, who votes and supports Trump, but attacked this particular Republican because he was contaminating the party, or some other disgusting thing.

Old 08-07-2018, 07:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
This thread was clearly meant to create division.

But blaming Democrats for beating a Sikh man, screaming,“go back to your country,” and spray-painting Nazi symbol on his truck is just ridiculous.

And way too dimwitted to be a Russian operation.
I imagine it wasn't a RUSSIAN who committed the crime
But you also have to agree that the Russian troll factories are still in operation on-line and they are still spreading division and trying to upgrade racial hatred as way to divide groups in America

The person who posted this thread and those who second the argument it COULD BE Democrats are using the same methodology as troll farms
And they need to be called out
There is NO REASONABLE way to point the finger at Democrats as those behind this attack

If you want to make an UNREASONABLE argument, then go ahead--there are certainly enough Trump supporters doing that online and on CD

Old 08-07-2018, 07:42 AM

38,233 posts, read 14,941,272 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by loves2read View Post
I imagine it wasn't a RUSSIAN who committed the crime
But you also have to agree that the Russian troll factories are still in operation on-line and they are still spreading division and trying to upgrade racial hatred as way to divide groups in America

The person who posted this thread and those who second the argument it COULD BE Democrats are using the same methodology as troll farms
And they need to be called out
There is NO REASONABLE way to point the finger at Democrats as those behind this attack

If you want to make an UNREASONABLE argument, then go ahead--there are certainly enough Trump supporters doing that online and on CD
I didn't mean to convey that Russians didn't didn't attack this man.

What I meant to say was that launching a thread to blame Democrats for this is way too stupid for a Russian gaslighting operation.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or