U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-07-2018, 10:54 AM

20,368 posts, read 9,929,959 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
Remember when we paid to train and arm the people who would eventually bring down the WTC towers?

Now that was tax money well spent!

Well, hell, Chinese soldiers are trained with American soldiers so what's the big whoop?

Wait....people do know that, right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winterfall8324 View Post
I know. I just wished more people cared about things like this.

The fact that it's Al Qaeda we're working with and not some other terror group makes the irony that much richer.
They care when it's the administration they didn't vote for doing these kinds of things. People will justify anything in order to remain loyal to their party of choice. It's insane to me how brainwashed people sound.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-07-2018, 11:37 AM

9,475 posts, read 2,604,578 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
And? He's ended many things that were going on before him, how about ending some of our asinine involvements around the world of no benefit to the US like Afghanistan, Yemen, inane incursions in Africa, etc.?
Stop making this partisan. I don't support Trump.

Support for terrorism exists because of bi-partisanship in congress, bi-partisanship that Americans don't question.

It's time you look at your government and decide if what they are doing is morally ok, because if you don't speak up, nothing will change.

Old 08-07-2018, 11:38 AM

29,822 posts, read 16,506,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisC View Post
Because we all know that the Middle East was a veritable Garden of Eden before Trump, with unicorns and live teddy bears frolicking amongst the lovely fields of daisies and clover.
No one said that. Not one person.

Trump is continuing Obama's policies in Yemen only on steroids. Neither were or are right.

The 24-hour Newsfotainment industry doesn't show this stuff because it doesn't get ratings.

I pay way more attention to it since Pknopp started hammering on it incessantly.

In the past, I just assumed these were things our government had to do to keep us safe. But I don't think our meddling in the ME does a damn thing that's positive.

Old 08-07-2018, 11:51 AM

16,820 posts, read 11,764,299 times
Why, here is why.

Media still saving some scraps for Obama's legacy.

"The Obama White House insists Yemen is a successful model for its counterterrorism strategy, even as international military operations escalated there overnight and President Abed Rabbo Mansour Hadi was forced into hiding."

Obama's ego would never let him accept his actions resulted in failure..... 500 mil$$ lost on solyndra was claimed to a be 'a good investment' and that is in retrospect!!!!!

didn't follow up on the red line he drew so as not to upset putin and that was called , political courage!

Want genocide!!!!!!

Obama sat on his hands, gave isis time to expand and recruit by taking the heat off them, claiming they were the jv team. That small percent of islam wiped out the majority of christians in the middle east. Call that killing spree whatever you want, thousands of people died because Obama sat on his hands. Good case to try Obama for genocide.

Old 08-07-2018, 11:54 AM

20,368 posts, read 9,929,959 times
Quote:
Stop making this partisan. I don't support Trump.

Support for terrorism exists because of bi-partisanship in congress, bi-partisanship that Americans don't question.

It's time you look at your government and decide if what they are doing is morally ok, because if you don't speak up, nothing will change.
Let me take it one step further. It's time thinking people stopped simply accepting everything and started questioning everything the government does.

Party doesn't matter - both are wolves in sheep's clothing.

Old 08-07-2018, 11:57 AM

44,468 posts, read 17,754,807 times
It's being covered up and ignored by the MSM because Yemen is another Obama/Hillary war of choice that turned to **** like everything else that Obama put his hands on.

Old 08-07-2018, 11:58 AM

2,366 posts, read 437,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kracer View Post
Obama sat on his hands, gave isis time to expand and recruit by taking the heat off them, claiming they were the jv team. That small percent of islam wiped out the majority of christians in the middle east. Call that killing spree whatever you want, thousands of people died because Obama sat on his hands. Good case to try Obama for genocide.
This is conspiratorial but I'm convinced that isis was encouraged and armed by Americans in Iraq (to Syria) in a way to overthrow Assad and form permanent military bases in Syria. Syria has been earmarked for regime change as early as Bush, and probably earlier. Assad is a friend of Iran and Russia and an enemy of Israel which makes him person non grata.

Old 08-07-2018, 12:11 PM

78,218 posts, read 33,331,609 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NomadicDrifter View Post
This is conspiratorial but I'm convinced that isis was encouraged and armed by Americans in Iraq (to Syria) in a way to overthrow Assad and form permanent military bases in Syria. Syria has been earmarked for regime change as early as Bush, and probably earlier. Assad is a friend of Iran and Russia and an enemy of Israel which makes him person non grata.
It's no conspriacy. We admitted we armed them out of Libya.

Old 08-07-2018, 12:21 PM

447 posts, read 191,207 times
Quote:

Hmm, I wonder what you guys think of this?
Well, here's what I think of this:

Your compassion is bull****.
You're compassionate only when you can dig up a situation which can be twisted to support your radical ideology.
WHY AREN"T YOU SCREAMING TO HIGH HEAVEN ABOUT THE HUNDREDS OF THOUSANDS WHO HAVE BEEN GASSED, STARVED, AND BARREL-BOMBED TO DEATH BY THE ASSAD REGIME, RUSSIANS AND IRANIANS??? It's because those mass murderers are not the in the group that you love to hate.

Get off your high horse. You're a phony.

Old 08-07-2018, 12:35 PM

9,475 posts, read 2,604,578 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by spectator11040 View Post
Well, here's what I think of this:

Your compassion is bull****.
You're compassionate only when you can dig up a situation which can be twisted to support your radical ideology.
WHY AREN"T YOU SCREAMING TO HIGH HEAVEN ABOUT THE HUNDREDS OF THOUSANDS WHO HAVE BEEN GASSED, STARVED, AND BARREL-BOMBED TO DEATH BY THE ASSAD REGIME, RUSSIANS AND IRANIANS??? It's because those mass murderers are not the in the group that you love to hate.

Get off your high horse. You're a phony.
Your anger is telling. Confronting someone else’s crimes is much harder than confronting your own.

I never supported the Iranian government, but their crimes not only get coverage, but our far lesser than ours, Yemen is only the top of the iceberg.

The crimes that your country commit should be more important than the crimes of others, you clean your house first, that is how you change the world.

The first step to stopping terrorism is for us to stop participating in it, otherwise our words mean nothing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies