U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-07-2018, 10:55 AM

29,610 posts, read 16,355,314 times

Advertisements

Just wait until they're running our health care!
https://mises.org/wire/government-wo...day-four-years
Quote:
In February of 2014, a DMV employee was documented by her supervisors for sleeping at work. According to four separate witnesses, the employee continued to sleep at her desk for a minimum of three hours a day, for nearly 4 years straight.

The most mind-boggling part of this story is that there is no dispute that this employee was sleeping on the job, every day, for nearly 4 years.

In addition to the four witnesses, her daily sleeping was also documented by her supervisors in written, periodic performance evaluations, which the employee signed off on without disputing any of the factual allegations contained within.

When the state auditor got involved midway through 2017, the employee’s supervisor defended her failure to perform her core duty by claiming that “because she woke up the employee three to four times each day, she believed the employee missed only 20 to 30 minutes of work time daily.”

The auditor rejected the obvious falsehood that an employee who needed to be woken up “three to four times each day” somehow missed only 20 to 30 minutes of work.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-07-2018, 11:05 AM

8,231 posts, read 2,181,769 times
Here's another one.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=...&v=xOKOfvDYpVk

Old 08-07-2018, 11:09 AM

4,152 posts, read 2,455,258 times
So what's your point? All government employees (on every level) are bad because this chick and her manager were?

Old 08-07-2018, 11:10 AM

3,988 posts, read 1,666,553 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegabern View Post
So what's your point? All government employees (on every level) are bad because this chick and her manager were?

if only the called it "executive time"...then it's fine...

Old 08-07-2018, 11:12 AM

3,818 posts, read 1,618,447 times
So much jealousy in this thread.

Old 08-07-2018, 11:18 AM

4,358 posts, read 5,563,413 times
I worked for my entire career in a County health department. I worked very hard, and I supervised many other people who worked very hard. In addition, there were many other co-workers in my department who would never have had the time to sleep on the job. There will always be examples of bad behavior. That doesn't mean that the whole of government employees are the same. Shame on the OP for making such an insinuation! Do you think such examples could not be found in private jobs?

Old 08-07-2018, 11:32 AM

14,019 posts, read 6,361,883 times
Yep, it can happen.

Old 08-07-2018, 11:32 AM

6,726 posts, read 6,130,666 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by G Grasshopper View Post
I worked for my entire career in a County health department. I worked very hard, and I supervised many other people who worked very hard. In addition, there were many other co-workers in my department who would never have had the time to sleep on the job. There will always be examples of bad behavior. That doesn't mean that the whole of government employees are the same. Shame on the OP for making such an insinuation! Do you think such examples could not be found in private jobs?
To be honest you are even WORSE than those people. You "coddled" all those poor people that are ruining the country and making things tough on those hard working people who paid YOUR salary with their hard work.

Old 08-07-2018, 11:37 AM

29,610 posts, read 16,355,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by G Grasshopper View Post
In the private sector where money must be earned, the ramifications of an inefficient employee are somewhat immediate and if discovered by ownership, dealt with quickly. If you ran a biz would you pay someone to sleep on the job?
In the public sector there is no penalty, the people are taxed the same no matter the quality of service. There is no loss of business to show customer dissatisfaction, nor an increase in profits to indicate satisfaction. That you did a good job is simply unverifiable, you would have been paid regardless.

Old 08-07-2018, 12:51 PM

8,117 posts, read 5,794,466 times
That employee should have figured out that frequent naps is the symptom of a health issue.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or